“Very good stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Very good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed in this excellent hotel at the beginning of November, stayed four nights. I can only recommend this hotel as it is managed on a very professional level, starting the front desk, housekeeping and food.
The location is downtown Miami, located on the small Brickell key, which is a very good position. We had a very nice room on 19th floor, the view was amazing.
The only thing we did not like was a slow service at the pool bar (serving food).
Otherwise it was excellent.
Wifi is extra paid. Cab to South Beach or Airport is $30.

Room Tip: Take a high floor room with a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Mystic, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I was there on a biz trip which included the spouse and the Mandarin Oriental was just a terrific hotel. The check in was great, speedy, efficient, an offer of iced tea and great service to welcome us in. The Miami Basel show as in town ( a Will Smith spotting in the lobby) and there was continuous live music in the lobbby and bar areas and it was great. Room was very large and appointed w/ a great flat screen TV and stereo system, a high end power plug system for computers, an extra wide porch/veranda (6th floor), two double beds as I had a bad cold, a beautiful bathroom w/ marble tile everywhere, a beautiful view across the bay hot, very nice shower and comfortable beds.

What made this place special was the service. Turndown every night w/ chocolates, water and a wooden tray that included a lint remover, laundry bags and sundries if you needed to prep for the next day. Music turned on low, they left a bookmark for my wife's book, chocolate cookies that looked luike sushi when we checked in. Never bothered by housekeeping, they did a great job of finding out when we were not in the room, poolside service was great w/ towels, turning on the hot tuib for us, a warm pool in not so warm a weekend and just made us feekl special throughout our trip.We had a spa package which again was just the best. i had a lady named Liz give me an Oriental essence massage and she was simplyy the best masseuse I ever had. Aromatic, essential oils, relaxing, nice advice, great sauna and steam room, a 6 faucet shower, bathroom essentials and great robes. An A+++ spa.

A GREAT hotel and will make it my go to hotel when I am in Miami.

Room Tip: 6th fllor has extra wide balconies.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Mandarin Oriental is one of my favorite chains in the World. Well, Miami hotel is 100% matches all 5 star expectations! This hotel is perfect and for business and for pleasure!
Rooms are great. The best would be to stay higher floors with the Bay and city view. It’s fantastic!
The SPA is 5 diamonds SPA that won many awards. I loved the interior. I would recommend taking a spa suite, because it’s a piece of work! Meanwhile… I had a better therapists working on me… But it’s good, just is not a perfect. But I am very spoiled when it’s all about SPA.
Another one of the best parts of this hotel is a restaurant. I had a fantastic food! I would travel to Miami just to dine here again!
The service is great! I was very much pleased by the stuff.
If you want to stay in Miami, I would say it’s a perfect choice!

Room Tip: Better to stay higher floor overlooking Bay and City view. Pls. check my photos, to see why...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel was lovely and a nice break from the swarming bustle of Miami. The rooms were well appointed and clean. There were a few things that were off-putting though. First, there was a blind that was meant as a privacy screen between the tub and the room. The screen was short about an inch so we had to pile up towels for our length of stay for privacy, we mentioned it to staff who said they would send someone up but either they didn't show or couldn't fix it but either way, it was not addressed so the towels were there the whole time. This wasn't a big deal but it wasn't nothing either since my entire family loves a bubbly tub. Second, the thing that makes it desirable (being cut off) also makes seeing the rest of Miami very pricey as a car is needed everywhere, everywhere charges for parking and nothing is easily within walking distance. Third, and I don't know if this is a Mimi thing or particular to this hotel but they were very grabby about money, almost on the verge of seeming beggarly which was just icky. To get to our room the desk person walked us up = tip, the bellmen (2) then brought us up and gave a tour (2 tips) and every little thing in between felt like a tip was expected which meant we called as little as possible. Also, EVERY luxury in the room seemed to come attached to an exorbitant price-tag, so much so that we didn't dare touch the chocolates which may or may not have been complimentary because I was afraid of getting a $50 bill for them LOL. The vibe was just way too grabby. I suppose one could write this off as a luxury hotel thing but we spend a great deal of time in upscale places everywhere for business and pleasure, NYC being a fav spot, and never before was I so uneasy and I didn't like the choice of feeling of being either cheap or ripped off. I guess this place is fine for people with hundreds dripping out of their pockets unnoticed but for families and normal people, well I'd skip it next time around, the vibe was just 'off'. Beds could have been a little bigger too.

Room Tip: If you want luxury then I'm sure all of them are equally lovely.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

As part of a recent business trip to Miami, I was fortunate enough to stay at the Mandarin in Miami, FL. This is a beautiful in a great location on the water.

Because I was participating in different events, I didn't experience much of the service. However, when I did it was always exceptional.

Upon arrival I checked in at a very friendly front desk. They upgraded my room because of the size of our group. I was given a very large, well appointed room that looked out over the inlet and at downtown Miami. The bathroom was exceptionally large. it also opened up to the living area near the bed to allow the view to be appreciated during a bath or simply while getting ready. You could also close off this view from the bathroom with blinds. The bathroom also had a separate shower and private toilet (not just in the middle of the bathroom).

The king sized bed was very comfortable and offered extra blankets if needed. None were....

They had a large HD TV and a mini bar. Unfortunately, they didn't offer coffee in the room. They also provided internet access for a fee. I used my wireless card, so I can't attest to the speed.

The restaurant offer a separate bar and numerous lounge areas. I only visited the restaurant downstairs for lunch one day. It is largely Asian food, but was quite expensive. They offer outdoor seating which sits close to the water. It was very nice.

They also have a private beach area which is also nice. You can choose the pool or the beach in which to sun and swim.

This is a really nice hotel that i would definitely stay at personally or professionally. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to take advantage of the views from either side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed with my wife here as part of our honeymoon. I had previously spent 4 nights in The Epic (which was located 5 minutes away). Everything at Epic was outstanding so Mandarin had a lot to live up to.

Check in was a breeze very well organised. The porter showed us our room and enquired about our stay at Epic. He stated we would be very happy with our room.

Room:
We had the Veranda Deluxe. The room was beautiful. Very large a comfortable bed. The view was amazing. We were on the 6th floor and overlooked the bay with the Miami skyline behind it. The furniture was really modern with an oriental twist. The room had a single sink (it would have been brilliant if they had a double sink). The balcony was a reasonable size although not secluded as they were seperated by translucent screens and you could see into part of your next door rooms and vice versa.

Hotel:

The hotel was very quiet. It is very business orientated. The location is nice on a little island. It has it's own private beach with a variety of furniture which was really nice to relax in. The lobby was great.

Staff / Service:

The staff service was generally excellent. We had twice a day room freshening. The concierge (Andrew) was brilliant. He made an excellent suggestion where we could eat within walking distance (Truluck's - excellent restaurant). The staff are always willing to help and are professional. The only incident I had was with regards to my suitcase being broken. The situation was aggravated by the fact the bellhop did not get anyone else out to fix it. On checkout we were charged for the minibar we did not used but in fairness the situation was dealt with quickly.

Overall the hotel has a unique ambience and are very professional. It's just the one incident that stops me from giving this a 5/5.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ikki B
Rahway, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed in the hotel over the weekend. We arrived near midnight on Friday night. There was NOBODY out there to pick our laguage and we had to wait for a check in. The front desk person took a long time to find our reservation adn initially gave me impression that we do not have it at all. The room service was prompt but the menue after hours is very very limitted especially if you are vegetarian or have any dietery restrictions. Internet in the room not free. The interior of the room is ok but there was dust everywhere. The hotel charged us additional money (>200$) to overstay just 4 extra hours

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize for the lapse in services you experienced.

With regards to the In Room Dining menu, please let us know of any dietary restrictions or preferences you may have and we will make a note of it in your guest file for your future stay.

We do understand that some hotels offer free Internet access, but the service offered is limited (low bandwidth, lack of security, pool signal) and would be unacceptable in a luxury hotel. The Internet is more than communications to our guests – whether they are using it to bank online, check investments, book travel, check information or their emails, we assure you that we will continue to invest in this technology to offer our guests the quality of service with the performance and security that you would expect of Mandarin Oriental. It is an important service offering that we consider of value to those that use it.

Due to the occupancy levels of the hotel and to ensure rooms are available to incoming guests, there is a fee charged for extended check outs.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your visit and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President &
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown
W Miami
W Miami
#72 of 119 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 42 reviews

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!