“Amazing hotel with an even more amazing view”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #5 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Amazing hotel with an even more amazing view”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I spend a getaway weekend at the Mandarin for our anniversary and it was all that we hoped for... From the check in everyone was very kind and helpful, my husband noted on the reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary and all the staff continued to congratulate us on our stay.

We were first assigned to room 1010 and as when we got there a maintenance man was changing the lightbulbs, he was so apologetic and quickly left the room. (no big deal) although we still decided to change out of this room because even though it was a bay room category it was facing more of the city and downtown area also there was a really bad smell that came from the water by the bridge going into the key (not the hotel's fault i'm sure but still not nice when you are paying that type of price for a hotel.)My husband spoke to the front desk and they immediately changed our room without any hesitation. They sent the bellman up with the new cards immediately.

OUr second room was beautiful and it had an amazing view! The bed was amazing and the pillows were great. The room decor is asian modern which is very relaxing and beautiful. Great stocked mini bar! I think I even saw an outlet converter in there.
The soap and other bath products were so amazing!!! Kind of minty and it is sets you in a very relaxed mood. The soaking tub was kind of narrow, cant fit two people but one person was fine.
The down service was so beautiful... they made a heart with rose petals and left us a beautiful dessert for our anniversary with even the ice bucket prepared.

We also went to the beach area and the pool which the service is was impeccable. They even had complimentary sun screen (which was helpful since I forgot mine)

Overall our experience was amazing. The only con for my taste is that pets are allowed. There was a hollowing dog at various points through the night on our floor and you heard scattered doggie yapping. But I have to admit that you would never know the hotel allows pets if you don't see or hear them. The hotel is very meticulously clean and it does not smell like animals. I have allergies to dogs and never did I experience any allergy episodes while on my getaway.

Room Tip: Bay views start on floor 7 or 8 the further down the hallway the more water view less city view and...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The size of the room and mainly of the bathroom were striking (Deluxe Bay View room). The hotel is relatively new, with all amenities one can think of: huge fitness area, great spa, nice views (unfortunately, it was foggy and misty during my 2-day stay).
I hope to return there sometime accompanied by my loved one to spend some romantic time there.

Room Tip: Deluxe Bay View room has nice view and lots of space
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This is a great hotel to stay in Miami. The best they have is the people that they work at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed at the mandarin Oriental for 3 nights in a deluxe Veranda Room. Room is very large, nicewith a huge bathroom and a beautiful Veranda overlooking downtown Miami and biscayne bay. Staff members all very friendly, good service at the Pool, very efficient valet parking. Small minus: the brickell key location. There is not much around there, except some restaurants in walking distance, so if you stay there, you definitely want to bring your car.
If you don't want to stay in overcrowded Miami beach, I highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental. We will definitely come back.

Key West, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2011

When the Mandarin Oriental offered a special for Floridians, we traveled up the Keys for two nights and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. This is of course a world class hotel, so the service is superb and the standards high throughout. The summer special came with full breakfast and use of the 5-star spa--which meant access to their steam rooms and showers, though one could also pay for a very wide variety of spa services. The location on Brickell Key is useful for getting around Miami by car or by foot--the downtown (free) people mover is only three blocks away. Their signature restaurant, Azul, was excellent but probably not up to its prices, despite a great wine list. The secondary and less formal restaurant has food half as price and 2/3 as good.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I've stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami from the 6th to the 10th August. From check-in to check-out the experience was fantastic. The interior of the hotel is stunning with a beautiful decoration. The rooms are very big and very well decorated. My room was a deluxe room with a city skyline view. The view is very beautiful. The bed is so comfortable and the bathroom is big and beautifully appointed with a large shower. The surroundings are very well kept and the jogging track has very nice views of Biscayne Bay. The restaurants have the most delicious food I've ever eaten. The food at the Cafe Sambal restaurant is marvelous with excellent asian inspired dishes. The Azul restaurant is an excellent fine dining experience. The food is excellent and delicious. Both restaurants have excellent wine options. My compliments to the chefs. The pool area is spacious with a good view of the city. The staff throughout the hotel is very friendly and very helpful. I loved my stay, loved the atmosphere and the ambiance. I've stayed at other Mandarin Orientals in Macau and Singapore and the experience was similarly stunning. It is among the best hotels in the world. Next time in Miami, I will definitely stay at the Mandarin Oriental again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Well, it's the Mandarin Oriental, so no complaints here! Top-notch service from the concierge, the waitstaff in the restaurant, the bartenders….it was a wonderful experience all around. I truly loved being situated on the bay, which afforded me a great venue to walk and feel secure about my surroundings, as so many others were involved in jogging, blading, walking with their children, etc.

It was a lovely way to break into Spring; I would love to visit this hotel again. It was a nice break from trendy, noisy South Beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business