My husband and I spend a getaway weekend at the Mandarin for our anniversary and it was all that we hoped for... From the check in everyone was very kind and helpful, my husband noted on the reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary and all the staff continued to congratulate us on our stay.
We were first assigned to room 1010 and as when we got there a maintenance man was changing the lightbulbs, he was so apologetic and quickly left the room. (no big deal) although we still decided to change out of this room because even though it was a bay room category it was facing more of the city and downtown area also there was a really bad smell that came from the water by the bridge going into the key (not the hotel's fault i'm sure but still not nice when you are paying that type of price for a hotel.)My husband spoke to the front desk and they immediately changed our room without any hesitation. They sent the bellman up with the new cards immediately.
OUr second room was beautiful and it had an amazing view! The bed was amazing and the pillows were great. The room decor is asian modern which is very relaxing and beautiful. Great stocked mini bar! I think I even saw an outlet converter in there.
The soap and other bath products were so amazing!!! Kind of minty and it is sets you in a very relaxed mood. The soaking tub was kind of narrow, cant fit two people but one person was fine.
The down service was so beautiful... they made a heart with rose petals and left us a beautiful dessert for our anniversary with even the ice bucket prepared.
We also went to the beach area and the pool which the service is was impeccable. They even had complimentary sun screen (which was helpful since I forgot mine)
Overall our experience was amazing. The only con for my taste is that pets are allowed. There was a hollowing dog at various points through the night on our floor and you heard scattered doggie yapping. But I have to admit that you would never know the hotel allows pets if you don't see or hear them. The hotel is very meticulously clean and it does not smell like animals. I have allergies to dogs and never did I experience any allergy episodes while on my getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio,YAKU by La Mar, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental