Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
Ranked #73 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Charlottesville, Virginia
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Customer service not great when certain people were working. Staff ill informed. You will get six different answers from six different staff of the same question. Rooms were clean and cozy. Breakfast was pathetic. It was a snack of granola bars and muffins. Overall if you can get a discounted priced room its a good deal- I wouldn't pay full price to stay here.

Room Tip: There is only 1 bed in the room unless you want to pay an upgrade fee for a second one.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your room; however, please accept our apologies that our front staff provided you with conflicting information. I will be meeting with my entire staff to review our policies and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had a short one day stay because I was going on a cruise the next day. The hotel was conveniently located, close to restaurants and bars. The next day it took the taxi driver 10 minutes to the port.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank LorenaV23
Thank you for your kind review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and that it was of such convenience to you. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review, and we hope you enjoyed your cruise. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I normally like extended stay america hotels having stayed at them in Atlanta, however this location disappointed both my boyfriend and I. The "grab and go breakfast is a poor excuse without any variety. So for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to caffeine don't waste your time. Don't expect much service, the attendants would rather you just leave them alone. Other than that the rooms were clean and the facility well kept. Close to Walgreen and Publix. In the heart of downtown Miami.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
"Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that you received such poor service from my staff. As this hotel's manager, I will be meeting with my entire team to review customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mis@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the end of my Florida trip. Brickell seemed like a fairly safe area. There was a Walmart across the road, and a Publix supermarket behind that which were both handy for supplies if staying a while. I didn't really use the kitchen apart from the fridge for drinks. Check-in was quick and easy and check-out was pretty much automatic after a charge went through on my credit card. I can't really comment on the breakfast as I only grabbed a breakfast bar on my last morning as I was leaving. As there is a supermarket close by, its easy enough to sort yourself if the free breakfast isn't sufficient, but a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that the location of our hotel and the amenities we provide were of such convenience to you and that the service provided by our staff was to your satisfaction. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Oranjestad, Aruba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here in January 2014 with my brother for almost 2 weeks. When we got there we waited for a room because we arrived early from the Airport. Everyone who ever worked at the Front Desk was amazing. Very friendly and helped a lot. Room was really clean, nice and spacious. You can help yourself with breakfast in the lobby which was really nice. I got surgery at Bascom Palmer on my 3rd day in Miami. The driver was this really nice lady. She drove amazingly. I suggest you ask for her and not the bald guy he drives like a maniac. Drove way to fast and that was the day after my surgery i was scared & my brother was like its ok will be there soon. He knew I didn't like the way he drove. WiFi is super fast. You have Walgreens on the other side of the road and Publix right behind it. We went Downtown everyday and its so close too. You can walk to Brickell Metro Mover Station step in and go around. Its really practical. We really enjoyed our stay there because even though there is a highway really close its so quit all around the room. I'm definitely staying here when I go Again to Miami & will look to stay in one of their hotels anywhere I go in The States.

They have free shuttle service to Bascom Palmer which is a huge relief. They start at 8AM and stop at 3PM.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to read that you received such excellent service from my staff and that our location was so convenient for you. Still, I am very sorry for the service you received from one of our shuttle drivers. I will be meeting with them to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 nights with this hotel as I was traveling from Georgia for a mini vacation with my wife. Upon arriving, check-in took quite some time and I was not acknowledged. Staff was pessimistic and not very friendly for my expectations. The front desk girl by the name of Janelcy was extremely rude and unprofessional. There is a lack of hot water at random times throughout the day. They don't service rooms daily and explain this to you after you complain about it instead of informing guests upon check-in. The breakfast is limited to the same choices daily however there is a Walgreens and Publix near by the area. I was given towels at the front desk that had multiple hairs on them. I had to purchase my own towels elsewhere. Rooms have cockroach eggs inside cabinets and customer service is poor. Reconsider before staying here and spend an extra few dollars to stay at a real hotel with guest amenities and services made exclusively for true guest satisfaction. The vibe I acquired from the staff and rooms was that of a upscale motel, sadly.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank James P
Ivoryton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Right in the heart of the thriving Brickell area of Miami, this hotel's location is very convenient. Within a few blocks, you have access to public transportation, banking (Chase), supermarkets (Publix), and drug stores (Walgreens). Also withing walking are many restaurants, from fine dining to fast foods. However, travelers should be aware that the hotel seems to be used by full-time residents who use the small lobby area and outside benches as places to congregate. They are not disruptive, but it does affect the ambiance of the lodging. Also, this hotel chain does not service the rooms on a daily basis. [For example, if you stay less than 7 nights, no service is provided but you can purchase a service. Fresh linens, toilet paper, etc. can be obtained at the front desk. If you 7 nights, 1 full service is given. ] The rooms do have a kitchen so keeping "leftovers" in the fridge is very convenient. The "Grab & Go Breakfast" is available in the lobby from 6:00 AM to 9:30AM and consists of coffee, tea, etc. Also, they have some fruit and packaged muffins. Overall, a good place to stay for location, but amenities are limited and average.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Marialina - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay, we truly appreciate your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and having a kitchen in your room, as well as our grab-and-go breakfast. Please know, since we strive to provide each of our guests with an affordable room, we offer weekly housekeeping instead of daily. As well, our hotel does cater to long-term and short-term guests. While we understand that everyone might need somewhere to hang outside of their actual rooms, we will work to ensure this happens in designated areas moving forward.