“Comfortable and good amenities for a short stay”

Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
Ranked #80 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the end of my Florida trip. Brickell seemed like a fairly safe area. There was a Walmart across the road, and a Publix supermarket behind that which were both handy for supplies if staying a while. I didn't really use the kitchen apart from the fridge for drinks. Check-in was quick and easy and check-out was pretty much automatic after a charge went through on my credit card. I can't really comment on the breakfast as I only grabbed a breakfast bar on my last morning as I was leaving. As there is a supermarket close by, its easy enough to sort yourself if the free breakfast isn't sufficient, but a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that the location of our hotel and the amenities we provide were of such convenience to you and that the service provided by our staff was to your satisfaction. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here in January 2014 with my brother for almost 2 weeks. When we got there we waited for a room because we arrived early from the Airport. Everyone who ever worked at the Front Desk was amazing. Very friendly and helped a lot. Room was really clean, nice and spacious. You can help yourself with breakfast in the lobby which was really nice. I got surgery at Bascom Palmer on my 3rd day in Miami. The driver was this really nice lady. She drove amazingly. I suggest you ask for her and not the bald guy he drives like a maniac. Drove way to fast and that was the day after my surgery i was scared & my brother was like its ok will be there soon. He knew I didn't like the way he drove. WiFi is super fast. You have Walgreens on the other side of the road and Publix right behind it. We went Downtown everyday and its so close too. You can walk to Brickell Metro Mover Station step in and go around. Its really practical. We really enjoyed our stay there because even though there is a highway really close its so quit all around the room. I'm definitely staying here when I go Again to Miami & will look to stay in one of their hotels anywhere I go in The States.

They have free shuttle service to Bascom Palmer which is a huge relief. They start at 8AM and stop at 3PM.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to read that you received such excellent service from my staff and that our location was so convenient for you. Still, I am very sorry for the service you received from one of our shuttle drivers. I will be meeting with them to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 nights with this hotel as I was traveling from Georgia for a mini vacation with my wife. Upon arriving, check-in took quite some time and I was not acknowledged. Staff was pessimistic and not very friendly for my expectations. The front desk girl by the name of Janelcy was extremely rude and unprofessional. There is a lack of hot water at random times throughout the day. They don't service rooms daily and explain this to you after you complain about it instead of informing guests upon check-in. The breakfast is limited to the same choices daily however there is a Walgreens and Publix near by the area. I was given towels at the front desk that had multiple hairs on them. I had to purchase my own towels elsewhere. Rooms have cockroach eggs inside cabinets and customer service is poor. Reconsider before staying here and spend an extra few dollars to stay at a real hotel with guest amenities and services made exclusively for true guest satisfaction. The vibe I acquired from the staff and rooms was that of a upscale motel, sadly.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank James P
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Right in the heart of the thriving Brickell area of Miami, this hotel's location is very convenient. Within a few blocks, you have access to public transportation, banking (Chase), supermarkets (Publix), and drug stores (Walgreens). Also withing walking are many restaurants, from fine dining to fast foods. However, travelers should be aware that the hotel seems to be used by full-time residents who use the small lobby area and outside benches as places to congregate. They are not disruptive, but it does affect the ambiance of the lodging. Also, this hotel chain does not service the rooms on a daily basis. [For example, if you stay less than 7 nights, no service is provided but you can purchase a service. Fresh linens, toilet paper, etc. can be obtained at the front desk. If you 7 nights, 1 full service is given. ] The rooms do have a kitchen so keeping "leftovers" in the fridge is very convenient. The "Grab & Go Breakfast" is available in the lobby from 6:00 AM to 9:30AM and consists of coffee, tea, etc. Also, they have some fruit and packaged muffins. Overall, a good place to stay for location, but amenities are limited and average.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Marialina - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay, we truly appreciate your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and having a kitchen in your room, as well as our grab-and-go breakfast. Please know, since we strive to provide each of our guests with an affordable room, we offer weekly housekeeping instead of daily. As well, our hotel does cater to long-term and short-term guests. While we understand that everyone might need somewhere to hang outside of their actual rooms, we will work to ensure this happens in designated areas moving forward.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future."

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We just stayed one night but I was really impressed by the room it came fully equipped with a stove, refrigerator, microwave etc location is a plus, staff was really nice, would def stay again, the breakfast could have been better though

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recommended this hotel to my family based on the good reviews. I live in the neighborhood and need a good hotel for friends and family that visit. Unfortunately it did not deliver on my expectations - very limited hot water, no coffee, systems down, and nothing done to ameliorate the situation. I think in the future I'd recommend a different hotel in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Sara - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of customer service and maintenance issues in your room. In response to your comments, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures and maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, mis@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for one month for work.

Very nice place to stay. The rooms had all the needed basics. Comfortable bed, flat screen tv with good channel selection, air conditioning, desk and small eating table. Free Wifi. There is a kitchen in the room (fridge, freezer, microwave, coffee machine, toaster, stove - but no oven; pots, pans, utensils provided). There is a Walgreens and Publix supermarket across the street. Everything was clean and worked well. At one point I had an issue with the telephone in my room but the staff were quick to get it fixed. There is laundry on the first floor. I had no concerns about my room.

There is no gym in the building but there are several fitness places in Mary Brickell Village, which is about a 10 min walk away.

The hotel staff were nice. They were able to answer my questions and quickly resolve issues.

The location, in Brickell, is excellent. It is a ~7min walk to the metrorail and metromover stations. There are a good selection of restaurants ~10 min walk away on South Miami Avenue and at Mary Brickell Village. Easy access to downtown Miami, Dadeland, Bayside etc. To get to South Beach is more of a commuting challenge. It is about $25 cab ride or ~45 min on transit (metrorail transfer to bus).

Overall, I thought this place was great. Nice clean quiet hotel that provided everything I needed for my one month stay. Easy access to the supermarket, drug store, metrorail and metromover made it a great location. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Skittle54

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!