“Highly recommended - wonderful service and also seems very safe”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed here under the "Stay and Cruise" package. I was a little concerned about leaving my car in a parking lot for a week while out of the country, but I was reassured the moment we drove onto the property. Although we had to drive through a questionable part of town to get to the hotel, the hotel lot and the properties around it seem very safe and well-populated. My car was kept in a parking garage that was gated off and only accessible to hotel staff and guests, and it was in perfect condition when we returned. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the hotel itself was top-notch. They had a wonderful continental breakfast in the morning, and would even prepare a bagged breakfast for guests in a hurry. The airport is nearby, but we didn't hear any planes or noisy traffic at all while we were there. Overall, we had a wonderful one-night stay at the Hampton Inn, and we will certainly be staying here if we cruise from Miami in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
miahs, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

Dear ctbibbins,

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites – Miami Airport and for taking a moment to share your review.

My name is Eduardo Chapoval, General Manager. I am excited to read that you found at our hotel everything that you expexcted to make your stay and your cruise memorable.

Our everyday goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and really enjoy creating experiences whether that is your first or tenth visit to Miami. I am happy to see we succeeded with your stay.

Thank you for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton Inn & Suites.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Basic Hampton Inn - close to the airport and has free shuttle service. The front desk area and the breakfast area look like they have been renovated and are large - sleeping rooms are basic - clean but basic. The front desk staff at check in were top notch. The breakfast staff, not so much. Could have used a good cleaning and restocking. Have stayed here a number of times due to the early AM flights. Would not stay for an exteneded period of time. Seems others did the same or were travelling to the port for cruise the next day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear beatricepugzilla,

Thank you so much for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed October 7, 2010

It was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and nice to use. They helped us with renting a car and scheduling a shuttle to the ports for our cruise. Free wireless Internet. Good breakfast too!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear briley1960,

Thank you for the review, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Keep us in mind next time you are in Miami!

Reviewed October 6, 2010

I was very excited to stay at this number 3 rated hotel on Trip Advisor.com , looking back I wonder why its rated number 3 . The hotel is clean. It’s not in a bad location. For the most part the front desk staff was nice. But I just didn’t get the feeling of friendliness that I generally get when I stay at a Hilton property. Check in was stressful. I had made the decision to only use cash this trip and left all cards at home (this would be a major issue later). Evidently in Miami all hotels require a credit card at check in. Usually this is not an issue, however, I didn’t bring one. So it became a bit of a tug of war with the check in clerk. I pointed out to the clerk, NO where on their website does it state they require a credit card for check in.

Thankfully a friend had a card to put the charges on. But that led to another issue. I wasn’t paying the full rate, but they were auth’ing the full rate on her card. My rate was much lower than the advertised rate. We pretty much had no choice. I paid cash for the room plus they auth’d $100 on her card. The clerk promised that the amount would be released upon inspection of the room. However, when we went to check out the room was never inspected. I stood there while the morning checkout clerk called the merchant services line and had the auth removed. It’s not that I didn’t like the hotel, I did. I guess I just expected a bit more from all the reviews on tripadvisor.com and from my past experience with Hilton properties.

The Room: I guess I am stupid and cannot read because we rode up and down the elevator trying to get the elevator to stop at the 6th floor but it would not. It was another guest who took pity on us and showed us the little sign that said to swipe the room card to access higher floors…of course that would have been something that I thought the front desk would have told us. But after laughing at ourselves we got to our room. It was a 2 queen bed and as I stated before very clean. Our view over looked the parking lot below and further the lagoon and the airport in the distance. I had called ahead and asked on a couple of times to make sure that my room would have a fridge and microwave. I was told it would. It did not. This is one of the very few – actually I can’t think of another Hilton property that does not have fridge’s and microwaves in the room. But it was for only one night so not a big deal. I didn’t go down for breakfast the next morning but everyone said it was ok. Just you’re regular scrambled eggs, a meat and breads, juices and coffee. Check out was a lot better than the check in and I would stay here again, but next time I would be aware of the requirements for a credit card. The other thing that was a bit strange was the type of computers in the business centers. They had a lap top keypad, no mouse. I am not used to using a lap top and had some issues getting used to the computer, but that is just a personal preference.

The hotel area

Not bad at all. I had read it was in a bad area. There is a small shopping center right acros the street with a very good Cuban Resturant, a Publix and a couple of other stores. We ventured out beyond the hotel and I will say its in a much better then what I saw down town. The hotel is near to the airport and a cab to the port of Miami was $35 for 4 people.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
miahs, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Dear TLBowman,

It's great to hear feedback from our guests especially when so much details and information is included. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Even though you d a good stay, it seems we failed to wow you and for that, please accept our apologies. As part of our 100% Hampton Satisfaction Guarantee, at your earliest convenience, please contact us so we can get more details to apply a full refund for that night.

We will discuss your comments and thoughts during our next staff meeting in order to find ways to prevent other guests from experiencing the problems you did.

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay and I hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

I am a tough to please customer and the first to say when things are wrong. However, I also want to let management know when they have an exceptional staff member. Such is the case with your Night Auditor, Israel.

I discovered early this morning (5:00 a.m.) that the a/c unit in my room (300) was not working. I called the front desk and there was someone at my room in under 2 minutes. After ascertaining that the unit was broken, I got a call back from the front desk less than 2 minutes later to inform me that there was another suite available.

A minute after that the new room key AND a luggage cart was at my door. This is EXCEPTIONAL service. Israel was also going to credit the cost of the stay for that night but that would be wrong. I enjoyed the room and fully intended to pay for it; especially given the outstanding service in solving my problem.

If all of your staff is this good, you should be 99% booked all of the time!!!

Thanks,

Mitch M.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear ,

My name is Eduardo Chapoval, General Manager and we've met when your were checking out.. I am very happy to see that we exceeded your expectations as total guest satisfaction is our #1 goal.

Isreal is a fantastic team member and I am sure he will be exited to read your review. I will also share your comments with my team during our next staff meeting and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton Inn & Suites in the very near future.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

The Hampton-Inn Blue Lagoon staff was very friendly, helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay a very comfortable, stress free night. They help us out with great rooms, entertainment ideas, and a shuttle to the cruise line. Very close to the airport, clean, quite, great nights sleep. Highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
miahs, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Dear lingarcastle,

It is always good to hear when we are doing a good job and I am very happy to see that you experienced quality service and accomodations during your stay. Total guest satisfaction is our top priority.

I will share your comments with my team and look forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton Inn & Suites in the very near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was so pleased with my choice of the Hampton Inn for a one night stay prior to a cruise. As a solo traveller my choice of hotel was important to me. The complimentary shuttle from the airport was great and the front desk staff were fabulous. I felt welcome the moment I walked in the hotel and all my questions were answered in a very friendly manner. The room was clean and quiet. With an afternoon available I chose to shop at the Miami International Mall and the front desk staff called a cab for me and let me know that the fare should be in the range of $20 to $22 and I appreciated that info. Across the road from the Hampton Inn is a Starbucks, CVS, Walgreens and McDonalds. The hotel has free internet access. The front desk also arranged for a shuttle to the Port of Miami the following day which was approx a 20 to 25 minute drive away and cost $10 payable to the shuttle company. I could not have chosen a better location or hotel and would highly recommend the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon to all travellers.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Blue-Eyes

Dear Blue-Eyes,

Thank you so much for writing such a nice and detailed review, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Our priority is to exceed our guests’ expectations and I am so happy to hear that we exceeded yours.

Keep us in mind next time you are in Miami!