It's difficult to pigeonhole this hotel.
It is what it proclaims to be - a Hampton Inn. It was clean, spacious, included breakfast and had free high speed internet.
That would get it a 3 star rating.
However, as others have noted, the staff was very efficient and friendly. For whatever reason, that just made the whole experience feel very good. We had a great night's sleep and the hotel arranged a taxi in the morning when the shuttle was oversubscribed. So that earns a 4 star rating.
We didn't get a great deal on the room - US$280, but it was March Break and not a lot of choice in Miami. From our Miami hotel experiences, you need to spend in Miami to get anything decent.
I would highly recommend this hotel to all travellers who need to get on a plane or on a cruise. We'll return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport hotel is located at the Waterford Corporate Park - Blue Lagoon complex, the perfect location for those visiting Miami for business or pleasure: Located just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Doral. The Port of Miami is just a few miles from our door. Close to the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Dadeland Mall & Aventura Mall and the South Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn