“Just as expected, 100% perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 NW 57th Ave (Red Rd), Miami, FL 33126   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #10 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Kalundborg
“Just as expected, 100% perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel fit the bill! We needed to fly the next night and took the shuttle to the airport, the train into Miami (parking is tough) and then back again. Really good free breakfast and free parking. Good service. Just what we needed.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank thedanishtravellers
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for posting such a positive review about your experience with us, we really appreciate it. Our Metrorail system is a convenient way to reach our hotel with the newly opened stop at the MIA Airport, which you can get to on our complimentary shuttle.

We will be glad to welcome you again to the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport Blue Lagoon during a future Miami visit!

Christian J. Riofrio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We only stayed for a night but needed early check-in due to flying in on a red eye flight. Got the last room on the top floor. They were very accommodating and understanding of our needs. Extremely secure building with secure elevator access to rooms. Also a surprisingly huge breakfast buffet. A wide variety of things to eat. Especially liked the larger pillows.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
John,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your overnight trip through Miami. I am glad we were able to accommodate your early arrival. Please keep us in mind when traveling to the Magic City for a longer trip.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night because my flight was cancelled and it was available and convenient. They have a shuttle that is scheduled to run every half hour. I waited longer than that and when it finally came it passed right by me even though I was waving. The shuttle pickup at Miami airport needs improvement in general. I was tired and frustrated due to flight cancellation so I just went downstairs and took a cab. It was $15 for a 4 mile trip. The lobby is basic and smallish. The front desk was pleasant. The room was a decent size and basic. I did have free internet, but the room is not really set up for business people. Only outlets are in the bathroom. None by the desk, except for ones for lights. I ended up unplugging the light so I could plug in my laptop. I had to charge my phone and ipad in the bathroom. There is no restaurant in the hotel but they offer appetizers in evening and a basic buffet breakfast in the morning starting at 6am. There are many stores across the highway. All in all an adequate stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Momcat1959,

Thank you for taking the time to review your nights' stay at our hotel. I apologize for the bad impression you are left with due to our shuttle service. Please know that I am going to personally follow up with our shuttle drivers to ensure no other guests experience the same. We invite you back anytime to allow us another shot at making things right.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

we stayed before and after our cruise
shuttle pick up at air port (upstairs at airport )free watch for the van with Hampton inn and the 777 front license plate
room was clean comfortable
pool and hot tub were very nice
shuttle busy in morning waited
we took a cab from port back to hotel after cruise for $27
after cruise we returned to hotel and they let us in our rom at 11am thank you

Green Features: breakfast plates and bowls should be made out of recyclable material
2 Thank Bernice A
Cruiser047,

Thank you for posting this review about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport Blue Lagoon. I am glad we were able to accommodate your early check-in request for the night after your cruise. You will be happy to know that our breakfast cutlery is all TaterWare, 100% biodegradable materials and we participate in a single-stream recycling program. You can view our additional sustainable efforts on our TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Gold link.

We hope to see you back with us again soon!

Suffield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great place to stay before a cruise. Coutesy shuttle from the airport was quick with courteous staff. We used their recommended shuttle service to Miami Port and were NOT disappointed. Sunshine Travel was competitively priced. I called them when we disembarked and were on our way within 10 minutes! Very impressed with that. But I digress...
This Hampton Inn is right across the street from a Publix market, drug stores and a liqour store to purchase the items you can't get through the airport. There are several restaurants there as well.
Hampton Inn has the always wonderful breakfast buffet and this was no exception.
I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor awake to the luring aroma of bacon.
1 Thank Sue Z
Sue,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your recent stay. And thank you for the tip about the second floor rooms being woken up by the smell of bacon! Please let us know about this preference during your next stay with us, we would be glad to accommodate. See you soon!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here before going on a cruise. The front desk was helpful. Our room was very nice. Very clean. However no one told us that you needed to use your card to go up past the 3rd floor on the elevator. But we did figure it out.

We walked across the street to the Publix store and ate at the Casa Juan Cuban Cuisine restaurant. It was very good. There is a Burger King, McDonalds and Wendys just across the street. The hotel charged $10.00 per person for a reservation spot for the van to the port of Miami. We watched for taxis and found a minivan taxi arriving at the hotel. After arranging a spot with him the next morning for $30.00 to the port for 4 of us, we did that.

The rooms were very clean. Bed was comfortable. Food the next day was good and the wait staff ladies were so kind , so friendly , so attentive to keeping the area spotless. I even went up to one of the ladies and told her how thankful I was at how clean she was keeping things.

This was the best place to stay. And we WILL stay there again. It was 10 miles I reckon to the port of Miami.

2 Thank Atv-cruiser
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The shuttle bus from the airport arrived within 10 minutes of us waiting, so we were happy with that. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were excellent. Loved their happy hour in the evening, the breakfast room turned into a little snack room. We had couple glasses of wine, a few snacks and sweet and savoury, that was all we needed after a long flight, all complimentary. The breakfast in the morning was ample and fresh. Only complaint I had was I went to reception to clarify that there was no further charges to my bill as it had been pre-paid. He said your balance will be zero, it is paid. I asked when did they take the money as it was booked on booking.com and the payment should have been taken on day of booking. He didn't seem to understand me as we are from England and the accent must have difficult for him. On return as expected checked my bill to see £127 taken out of my account on the day we checked in. Still trying to check to make sure I haven't paid twice. I'd go there again, as is handy with a few shops and restaurants across the road. Be careful crossing.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were good, though my friends had a mini kitchen and we didn't.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends