“Excellent stay next to airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #16 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel shuttle promptly picked us up at the airport and within 5 minutes we were at the hotel. The driver was very friendly and pointed out nearby restaurants. The lobby was under construction but it wasn't a problem. We were upgraded to a suite which was very nice. Hampton Inns are VERY nice places to stay and aren't very expensive compared to other comparable hotels. The next morning at 5 a.m., we managed to grab a cup of coffee which was freshly made before departing to the airport. Overall, a convenient, nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dina,

Thank you for your recent review about your overnight stay with us. As you mentioned, the Hampton brand stand behind bringing you the best value for your money with our convenient amenities and service. I hope you will make us your hotel of choice when visiting the Miami area.

Best regards,

Christian J. Riofrio

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked this for an overnight stay having flown in from London. The booking was made after referral to Trip advisor and this seemed to have the best reviews. The lobby area was quite small with only one or 2 check in desks, but this seems to be quite normal these days.
The girl on the front desk was very nice & welcoming, I cant remember her name but acknowledged me as a gold honors member. The room was nice and the breakfast was a standard Hampton style affair. I would have no hesitation booking this again.

Seedling,

I appreciate your time in writing this positive review about your recent stay at our hotel. I acknowledge that as a Gold member, you must see and visit many Hilton hotels throughout the years, which makes me extra proud to see that you vote ours as one of the best! I will certainly pass your comments along to the rest of the team. Thanks again for your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you during your future Miami trips.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This Hotel just underwent complete renovations. It is beautiful!! The staff are Exceptional, and the senior on site staff make sure to be visible at the busiest times. Chriatiano, the GM is such a professional. I had some folks meeting me and he truly went out of his way to accommodate us. RUTH personally circulates through the breakfast area, again making guests feel like they are in a 5 Star Resort. She too is an exceptional addition to this team. Very secure. Card needed for parking and elevators. As a traveling female, I can rest easy at this property. Nothing but Praise for Hampton Blue Lagoon!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank llaton

Mrs. Laton,

It is a pleasure having you here and you will always have a "home away from home" with us. Thank you for acknowledging our recent renovations. It is important for us to keep a fresh and updated look for our new and returning guests. Please know with confidence that you can always approach us with any requests, as you are like family to us now.

Until next time!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were some of the thousands of stranded American Airline travelers on 4/16/13. We had no luggage and had no idea where to go since we were returning from Jamaica to the US through Miami. After our flights (2) were cancelled, we obtained a list of hotels from the airport info desk. Since we had been to Hampton Hotels before, we started with them. We called The Hampton Inn & Suites at Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon to see if they had a room available. The gentleman I talked with (sorry, I didn't get his name) was most helpful. He stayed with me on the phone while I tried to figure out where we were in the Miami Airport so we could be picked up. The driver pointed out places to eat and let my husband charge his phone during the short jaunt to the hotel. They all were very friendly/helpful. The desk clerk printed off our boarding passes that we would need the next day to save us time at the airport. The girl on duty gave me a box of cell phone chargers to try to see if any worked on our phones. We were provided with shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razor and shaving cream (the airline would not let us have our luggage). If only they had clean clothes in our size, we would have been set! LOL We were treated to a hot breakfast the next morning before they dropped us off at our gate. We had been up since 2:30 AM and it was almost 5:00 PM when we got to the hotel. They helped to make a stressful situation (a first for us with flights) easier to cope with. What a great experience!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smpcards15

Smpcards15,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I know that traveling does not always go according to plan, however I am happy to see that our staff provided you the type of service to help make the best out of the situation. From the moment you step onto our airport shuttle, to checking into the room, to breakfast the next morning, and getting back on the shuttle. we strive to provide the best service we can to our guests because we want you to be 100% Satisfied with your stay.

Please stop by and visit again next time you are passing through Miami!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff made our stay memorable, nothing was too much trouble and they even arranged a late checkout until 2 as we were stuck at the airport with one of our group who were having problems. The reception was being refurbished which meant the lift was out of service on the ground floor but within minutes we had help from staff as we had alot of luggage, complimentary breakfast was very nice also there was a complimentary buffet in the afternoon which they do a few days a week. Bathrooms have been refurbished but bedrooms need to be done, overall a very nice hotel for a stopover

Dear Molly,

Thank you for writing this review about your recent hotel stay. I appreciate your positive comments about the helpful staff and our recent renovations. You will be happy to know that the lobby tile rework project is already completed, including all 3 elevators. Our rooms have also received a refresh of the carpets, drapery, bedskirts, upholstery, and wall color. I welcome you back to stay with us to get the full experience of the completed renovations. I hope to meet you in person during your next trip to the Magic City.

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is fine. It is not far from Miami Airport and it is just as good place to stay upon arrival.
The hotel offers free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast (which we have not tried).
The room was properly adjusted.We would book the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Biggs-83,

Thank you very much for your review, I am glad you found our property good and useful for your traveling needs.It is great you were able to enjoy our FREE parking, FREE wi-fi and I hope next time you have more time to try our FREE hot breakfast. Our property is three miles south from Miami International Airport, keep in mind we also offer our FREE shuttle service, so next time you visit us, you may take advantage of that service as well. Thanks for staying with us and for chossing our Hampton Inn & Suites next time you visit Miami.

Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked this for one night before cruising out. The hotel was clean and nice enough. There is a free shuttle from the airport and it was prompt. The driver was very nice and courteous. When we got back to the hotel, he even went and got a baggage cart for me to help with my luggage. The front desk staff was very friendly and courteous. They suggested places for dinner and offered coupons for 2 places. Unfortunately there are only a couple of restaurants within walking distance so if you don't like Cuban or Chinese, you will have to take a cab. The free breakfast is very nice with hot food and there were plenty of tables. There is a shuttle for $10/each to the port and it was on time and dropped us off right at our ship. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean hotel, then this one is a good choice.

Room Tip: Our room had a horrible view. All we could see was a parking lot. I'm not sure there is a very...

Karen,

I appreciate your positive review and I am glad to read you found our services beneficial to you. Thank you for your compliments about our shuttle driver and guest service representatives, we strive for outstanding service and it is rewarding to us when our valued guests acknowledge our efforts. We outsource transportation services from our hotel to the Port of Miami and the company we use is reliable, so I am glad everything went fine and that you were on time to start your cruise voyage. Please contact me direct next time you visit our hotel and I will assign a room facing the airport and blue lagoon area. Thanks again for taking the time to post a positive review.

Best regards,