“Perfect for an overnight pre-cruise stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night before a cruise out of Miami, and we couldnt have been happier! The front desk service was great as I have always experience at Hampton Inns, and the fact that a company running a shuttle to the cruise port arranges a stop at the hotel is an awesome perk! Breakfast was plentiful and though we did not use the pool, it looked perfect for families staying in the area and was even stocked with water toys. The room was clean and spacious, and ultimately, Hampton Inn even provided more bathroom amenities than our cruise ship did (thank you very much, Royal Caribbean!). If I ever cruise out of Miami again, there is no doubt that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank PninaG
Write a ReviewReviews (3,070)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked this hotel the last minute before we left for our trip and didn't have time to check out comments from others but we booked it as it would be close to where we wanted to visit and we were running out of time.

The employees at the front desk and breakfast area were quite friendly and helpful. The breakfast was just so-so but it included quite a few choice. It's located in an area with a few businesses around, including eateries and drug stores. The bed was OK, we had better and worse experience elsewhere. It's great that parking is for free. It's convenient to access freeways. It's a no thrill hotel so if the price is right I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 3 times in the past few months. This is good solid hotel experience but not for what I consider the higher end of pricing for these accommodations. I cannot yet find any area options for less money yet though.

• Stayed: March 2013
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

We truly appreciate your loyalty and the opportunity to serve you. I'm sorry that you're disappointed with the room rate cost and can assure you this is always on our minds. We want to keep costs competitive, yet fair while still offering you the quality services and accommodations you expect. We'll be sure to share your feedback with our team. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Christian J. Riofrio

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Great location for pre and post cruise stay. Small shopping center nearby and transportation available to larger mall. Look forward to being able to stay again. Great breakfast .Coffee was available 24 Hrs. Had a very secure feeling about the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

With the Blizzard of 2013 heading our way, my husband and I had to fly out a day early for our cruise out of Miami. At the very last minute, I booked this Hampton Inn & Suites, really because I couldn't find reservations anyplace else. But we were so pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. Let's face it, we've all stayed at Hampton Inns before - they are usually pretty simple, no frills, with a free breakfast. Well, this Hampton Inn really was outstanding. Truly, the only thing the kept me from giving it an excellent rating was the price (which was a bit steep - but I guess beggars can't be choosers!). Check in was friendly, and there was always a snack at the front desk just in case you were hungry (while I didn't take advantage of the bagged lunch, which is a fantastic idea for business travelers, I did take advantage of the cookies and fruit!!). Our room was on the top floor and while it was not a suite, it was very spacious and clean. This hotel is situated at one end of the airport runway, and is sandwiched between 2 major highways, but we heard absolutely nothing from either. It was blissfully quiet. The gym was clean and very serviceable - my only suggestion there would to make water available (as the water dispenser was either just empty or it was broken). The breakfast was good, nothing out of the ordinary there, just very well stocked and kept clean. The pool, while small and unheated, was in a nice location behind the hotel, with privacy from the surrounding roadways, an outside restroom, and a hot tub. Plus free wi-fi throughout all areas. All very much appreciated and so much better than the 2 feet of snow we left behind! This hotel also offers a shuttle service to/from the airport, and in our case, to their sister hotel, the Doubletree, as we already had reservations there for the next night. There were many stores and restaurants either within walking distance, or short driving distance - you really could need for nothing in this location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kookoosmom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is about my 7th time staying here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Miami. March 8 to the 12.
Excellent location, great service, room was in immaculate condition, comfortable and clean. Free WIFI, Staff always willing to help any time. The entire facility is in great condition, outstanding staff that goes the extra mile. Staff were very courteous and always helpful. The room was comfortable and spacious, had a great view of the city. I recommend going to the breakfast area each morning. The food is decent and it is complimentary, always fresh fruit and a variety of pastries, and hot foods. There was a make-your-own waffle machine which was huge for me. The hotel is close to the airport and has a complimentary shuttle. There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, as well as Publix, Starbucks, a liquor store, CVS, and Walgreens. It is about a 30 minute drive to Miami Beach and a 15 minute drive to Little Havanna and Coral Gables.
Florida residents should check out the lower rates for residents.
I am greatly impressed by - Jeffery Austin
Guest Service Manager
(305)-262-5400

Room Tip: "Higher floors, room facing the city"
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Arshad,

I want to thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and for taking the time to show other TripAdvisor users our newly renovated facilities. It make me happy to see that our great service keeps you coming back. I look forward to welcoming you in person on your next visit.

Best regards,

Christina J. Riofrio

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Pre-Cruise, unable to book near the port because of Miami Heat being in town. This facility was nice, clean and quiet. Near food and shopping.
The staff was very good. No complaints.
I would stay here again, without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family