We stayed here two days before a cruise. We had stayed here a few years ago and liked it, and seeing the high rating it has in Trip Advisor, decided to try it again.
The check in was fast and the room very nice. It was on a Thursday and that night they had a Manager's Reception with wine and a lot of finger foods -- chicken salad, homemade salsa, chips, guacamole, lunchmeat, bread, vegetables, sweets -- I am sure I have missed something. Other people there said the day before they had hot dogs and chili, so It looks like they are offering a nice snack before dinner, or dinner itself if you are so inclined. But it is only on certain days. Friday night they did not have this. It is a disappointment to not have it, when it was there before. Hilton should rethink this.
The hotel is across the street from a few small restaurants, fast food places, drug stores, Publix, Burlington Coat Factory -- all within walking distance. We took a shuttle to the Dolphin Mall for $10/person. The mall is huge and has a lot of discounted clothes stores. They also had a lot of luggage on sale in many stores and we saw a lot of people walking around with them. The shuttle runs several times a day and the same is with the return trips to the hotel.
We also went to Gator Park in the Everglades and went on an airboat into the glades and saw their gator show. It was fun. Since we got there before 10 a.m. we got one ticket free. Check to see if they offer this if you are interested. We needed an internet coupon which I printed off at the Hotel.
Going to the cruise we paid $10/person for the shuttle. They were very prompt, friendly and we were fine with it.
The hotel would be even better if they had a refrigerator and microwave in every room. Many Hampton Inns offer this and with the proximity of this hotel with a large grocery store nearby and no name restaurants, these would be appreciated. Also, they got chinzy with their evening cookies on Friday. We got back to the hotel about 630 pm and were told all the cookies were gone and no more would be made. I never came up against this before -- at other Hampton Inns they were always happy to bake more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport hotel is located at the Waterford Corporate Park - Blue Lagoon complex, the perfect location for those visiting Miami for business or pleasure: Located just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Doral. The Port of Miami is just a few miles from our door. Close to the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Dadeland Mall & Aventura Mall and the South Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn