“came back, will do it again”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #15 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Switzerland
“came back, will do it again”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This Hampton near MIA airport is a good choice if you need some sleep after a long flight. Main assets:
- close to airport
- free parking
- quiet
- good mattresses
- duvets available (travelers from Europe appreciate this)
- free breakfast
- very friendly staff at reception

Had a non-smoking standard room with 2 queen size beds, fully prepaid. Compared to my last stay in April 2012, the rate was fairly high. Yet, giving the good standard, price/value is ok.

Room we had on 8th floor had some first signs of aging in bathroom, nothing serious though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Strategy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay prior to a cruise. Hotel is clean and located in a safe part of Miami. The staff is great and very accommodating. Our room was recently updated and very clean. Nice breakfast. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank SugarBearGeorgia
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We arrived at 4:30pm afternoon and were tired and ready to get a good night sleep for our early morning flight. I had to wait for a large group to get checked in and once I got to the desk I was told my room was not ready………..So I was told “go shopping or eat and our room would be ready in 30 min…” She told me they would call me when the room was ready. I had no desire to go back into the Miami traffic and was tired. So I went to my car and waited. After waiting 30 minutes and still no call I drove across the street and got a shake at Burger king. I returned and waiting another 20 or so minutes. I sat there and watch as many as 20 people check in and appeared to get room keys….So I went in and asked if room was ready. To my surprise it was ready….I asked why I did not get a call and the lady just looked at me with a stupid smile….The bed was fine but the pillows was too soft.

BTW…I did not see any view of the Lagoon…

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We want you to experience quick and friendly service in comfortable surroundings. I'm disappointed to hear that we fell short of this and understand that first impressions can be lasting impressions. We never want to fall short of offering you our true Hamptonality and I can assure you've addressed the problems you experienced at check-in. We hope that you'll give us a second chance for a better stay.

Kind regards,

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel primaily because it was very clean and safe... Each floor is locked and you cannot
Enter the floors without an activated card... The hotel was very clean and breakfast good... Rooms could use some updating ... Microwave and frig would be nice in all rooms ... You have to pay extra for that... All in all being unsure about Miami and safety... We were very
Pleased ... The hotel van will take u many places such as restaurants etc unless they ate heading to
Airport! There is a publix (grocery store) and liquor store right across street ...

• Stayed January 2013
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Anne,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Making our guests feel safe and at home is one of our primary goals, and I am glad to hear you felt secure with us. Perhaps you would prefer one of our King Studys with micro/fridge combo or Suites with full kitchen, next time you are traveling to the Miami area.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were driving to Miami to board a cruise and I was somewhat uncomfortable about leaving the vehicle at the port for a week. This property offers an excellent Stay and Cruise package for a fair price... overnight stay with breakfast, gated garage parking for the duration of your cruise, included transportation to the port (you catch a taxi back on your return.) Walking into the busy lobby I was dismayed at the number of people checking in/out with luggage everywhere. I quickly realized how efficiently and pleasantly the front desk personnel were taking care of business. Very nice room pre-cruise (upgraded without asking as HiltonHonors guests), relaxing late afternoon on the large poolside patio, better than usual breakfast, prompt pick up at designated time in the morning. For a nice dinner try the 94th Aero Squadron just a few blocks away... drive yourself, or the hotel provides complimentary transportation as well as a discount coupon. We really enjoyed this upscale Hampton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
You know we love our cruisers here in Miami and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us out of all the area hotels. I see that we were able to deliver our part in keeping your satisfied throughout your stay and ensuring that your pre-cruise arrangements went smoothly. I welcome you back to stay with us again and thank you for your business.

Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I picked this hotel because of the positive reviews. We stayed here one day/night prior to our cruise. On the positive side-the staff was exceptional. The location was a disappointment (wish we had stayed at Miami Beach). The rooms were clean and fairly quiet. The biggest disappointment and the reason I would never stay at another Hampton Inn was the air conditioning. Apparently when the occupant leaves the room the air conditioning turns off. Which means when we returned to our room at 830 pm it was 75 degrees.. It took five hours for the small unit to get the room to 70 degrees (no kidding). We were told by the maintence man that we could switch rooms but then we would have to start all over again with the 75 plus degrees. Apparently this is their way of saving money (according to the staff). Needless to say, we all slept poorly that night. The exercise room was the same way-so another hot room. Ugh!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It was our privilege to serve you and we appreciate your feedback. We want all guests to enjoy clean and comfortable surroundings. I am disappointed to hear that the thermostat temperature was inconsistent during your visit. We have shared your concerns with our maintenance team so that issues like this do not continue for future guests. I apologize for any discomfort and hope we will one day have another chance to show you our true Hamptonality.

Kind regards,

Seminole, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a 2 night stay before cruise. Perfect location for us, close to shopping, restaurants etc.
Room was nice and comfortable, all staff were friendly. Locked secure parking was a nice touch.

Included breakfast was excellent and had a nice huge eating area.
Was close to the airport you could see planes taking off, however you did not hear any noise.
Would stay here again if I was in Miami.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bucky_101
Bucky,

Thank you and we value your comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that our location was a great benefit to you, and you were able to see the marvel of planes landing and taking off right in our backyard. Luckily, we have the hurricane-proof solid windows to drown the sound. Please visit us during your next trip tot he Magic City and we look forward to serving you again.