“Convenient and friendly place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #10 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Kincardine, Canada
“Convenient and friendly place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on arrival in Miami for a cruise and also again on the night before we flew home. It is very close to the airport and has a free airport shuttle. We paid extra the first night for a shuttle to the cruise port which only took 15 minutes. The hotel is not much to look at on first impression, but is actually nicely decorated and well laid out. The staff were very friendly and quite helpful. Our room was everything we could have wanted. The hotel is being rennovated and our room had brand new carpet. There is an outdoor pool with a nice deck area to lounge around. The view is mostly of the airport, of course. There are restaurants and shops close by and one feature of the hotel we took advantage of was a free shuttle to the "94th aero squadron" restaurant.We also got a 10% discount on our meal courtesy of the hotel. This was an unexpected and nice touch. There is an ATM in the lobby, and also a small shop to by drinks and snacks. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had anything you could want for breakfast. Check out is 12 PM which is nice if you are flying out in the afternoon as we were. All in all I would deffinitely stay at this hotel again when travelling to Miami.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pottert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

stayed for 2 nights prior to our cruisechecking in on December 20th 2012. My first impression of this hotel was the front desk staff. and what a great impression they make. super friendlyI felt like I could have stayed there all day and chatted what a great group of people. next to the room was nice clean and comfortable. my only complaint is the mattresses both need to be replaced. The breakfast was great hot food cold food fruit yogurt everything that you would expect from Hilton service. Ovrr this hotel is great the only reason they did not get 5 stars across the board is the poor condition of the mattress is in room 412

• Stayed December 2012
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

at the advice of several co-workers, I recently began staying at the HIlton family of properties. I am a platinum member at a competitive hotel chain, so am very used to the way the other company deals with its guests. I was impressed with the security, cleanliness, and friendliness of the staff at the Hampton Inn. I use several kinds of prescription eye drops twice daily that must be refrigerated. Calling into the general "800" number, I was told to tell the front desk at check-in that I needed a small refrigerator in my room. Unfortunately when I arrived there was not one available. Alexandra at the front desk told me they had a refrigerator there I could store the medication in, however; I explained it would be a pain in the neck to come down twice daily (just before inserting contact lenses, and just after taking them out for the night) to use my eye drops. I said I would just put them in a plastic bag on ice in my room. I did mention that my experience with the competitor was that they always (regardless of my rewards level) had a very small fridge they brought to my room when I showed them my prescriptions. I explained that I was trying Hilton properties to make a decision as to whether to switch at the beginning of the year (this happened in December). I was disappointed that Hampton Inn's solution was to offer me the opportunity to store my expensive prescriptions in the front desk refrigerator and would have to think seriously about changing hotel chains. I was serious; I didn't just say this for the benefit of the front desk staff.

when I got to my room and unpacked, the closet safe was broken and the door blocked much of the closet area. I called the front desk to ask that someone come up and fixe it. Apparently Alexandra figure out just how seriously disappointed I was, and that I wasn't just asking for the fridge to store soft drinks (though I asked very nicely for someone to fix the safe). Instead of fixing the safe, she called back to offer to upgrade me to a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen at no charge. I'm not sure that the safe incident had anything to do with it, but I told her she really didn't have to do that and I did't want to get her in trouble. she said they had one available and it wasn't a problem. Alexandra was so sweet. She never got upset, made or flustered even when I got upset earlier at check in. She understood I really did have a special medical situation and went above what she needed to do to find me a solution. she convinced me that Hilton properties really do care, and so did this hotel.

ps...I also loved the hotel. clean, secure, comfortable, everything (except the safe - LOL) worked, friendly people, etc. etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel, and for your positive praises about our Front Desk staff. I will be sure to let Alexandra know of all your kind words. We appreciate your recognition that Hampton Inns and Hilton properties in general are dedicated to serving our guests and making you feel like home. Welcome to the Hilton Family and I look forward to meeting you in person during your next Miami visit.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and utilized the Park and Fly deal. We stayed one night at the hotel and left our car for six nights. The hotel was very clean and the staff was courteous and helpful. The airport shuttle was quick and efficient for both pickup and delivery. Our car was safe in the parking garage and it was a quick trip to the airport. The free breakfast and WiFi is always an added perk from Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The park and fly deal is great. The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarshallO74
Dear Marshall,

I appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how about your stay at our property. I am glad to see the Park & Fly package was convenient for your needs. It is always nice to hear that our guests felt at ease when leaving their cars with us in our secure gated on-site parking garage, and being able to use our airport shuttle running every 30 minutes. Thank you also for the 5-point ratings in overall and service. We invite you back to stay with us next time your travel needs bring you to Miami.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend and it was such a delight. I hadn't been to this hotel in a while, but as soo as I came in I was in total shock. The renevations that took place were amazing. From the colors to the new furniture it totally wowed me. When I went up to the breakfast area it was totally different. Everything looked so modern and clean. The breakfast was great and the service was even better. I would also like to thank Kristen, sales coordinator. After seeing all renovations I have asked for a group rate for my wedding next year. Then 15 minutes later she had a proposal typed up including a great rate.

Plus another thing i like about this hotel is that it is the closest to all shops and restaurant. Everything is litereally right across the street. Great location and great people.

I would highly recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: The suites are huge.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank sofia p
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I took my mom and aunt on a Carnival cruiseship for our birthdays this past spring and we stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon Airport Hotel. It was phenomenal!! They had a free shuttle that picked us up at the airport and brought us to the hotel!!! The room was large and accomadating! We just had a room with two beds. The amenities were nice and plentiful. There was a FREE full breakfast with the best eggs/omelettes and waffles I have ever had in my life!! Oh my goodness!! The hotel is across from a Publix-grocery store and pharmacy and several restaurants will deliver. The staff is lovely and we want to COMMEND a lady named LOURDES (she probably doesn't remember us, but we brought her a bottle of champagne day of our embarkment). Lourdes was so kind, patient, friendly, sweet and we are coming back to Miami just to stay there and to see her!!! The hotel had a manager's reception, but we missed it. I am sad about that, but I will be back again! We LOVED the Hampton Inn Miami Airport Blue Lagoon!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Fal L
Dear Fal L,

Thank you very much for all you praises about our hotel and staff. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Lourdes and the rest of the team. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you back again soon.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

*Because we only stayed overnight, no issues with carpet replacement in progress. Also missed out on the very attractive looking pool and hot tub. They're open 24 hrs... we were just out of energy.

Stayed here on a layover on our honeymoon. We arrived at MIA, and called the front desk about the shuttle, they said it passes through Level 2 of MIA every 30 min. As soon as we walked out the door I saw the van, waved, and we were in our room within 30 minutes with 2 free choc chip cookies and a few restaurant menus. Ordered pizza to the room and parked in front the flat screen for some Big Bang Theory (it had been a while).

The staff was helpful and friendly at all times, and had helpful suggestions for dining.

Breakfast was more than ample, great spread from cold to hot; coffee - hot and fresh. Don't come to a well-kept chain hotel, pay $160 per night in Miami, and expect eggs and bacon cooked to order - that's on you.

Tip: we were through customs, baggage, and at the hotel in less than an hour. Departing: we had boarding passes, tried to do a simple curbside bag check... incompetence across the board on American Airline's part. So go inside. Security was a 10 minute wait the day before Thanksgiving sooo.... no complaints there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank Ratherbtravelin
Thank you for reviewing your stay, and for choosing us for your overnight needs during your honeymoon. We welcome you to stay with us again during a future trip to Miami.