Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, Canada
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I took a lot of time to research our hotel prior to booking our pre and post cruise accommodations, and was certainly not disappointed in the Hampton Inn - Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon. I knew even upon booking the hotel, in my dealings with Jeffrey, that this was the place to stay.

The shuttle arrived quickly upon our arrival at the Miami airport, and the hotel was approximately a 5-10 minute drive away. The location is fabulous, with a Walgreens, restaurants and a shopping centre directly across the street! We were greeted immediately with a smile and checked into our room within minutes. The room was spacious and clean, and the free wi-fi was a bonus!

The pool was refreshing and there is a very nice lounge area surrounding it. Very relaxing after a long flight. The breakfast was terrific and was a great start to our day. They even had flavoured creamers for the coffee:) We utilized the fitness centre, and it had something for every fitness buff!

We decided to take a taxi to the Port of Miami, and Valerie booked us a larger taxi to accommodate the four of us and our luggage - It was just under $30 with tip.

I cannot say enough about the friendly staff at this hotel. From the front desk to housekeeping, everyone was very friendly and went above and beyond to be accommodating. Following our cruise, we returned back to this hotel to stay another night. We arrived shortly after 10:00 a.m., but Valerie secured our luggage and we were checked into a room by 11:00 a.m. A young couple had stayed at this hotel pre-cruise as well, and returned here following the cruise to see if they could pass some time before their flight left that evening. Although they were not staying another evening, the hotel staff accommodated this couple and even secured their luggage.

I had trouble printing my boarding passes for our flight the next day, and Valerie also printed these out for me on the hotel printer. She always had a smile and wanted to ensure our stay was enjoyable and relaxing. We certainly were well taken care of and had no worries!

Thank you Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon! Your sincerity and hospitality did not go unnoticed! We will definitely book here again if we return to Miami, and will certainly recommend it to family and friends!

Cassandra Bowden

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Cassandra,

Wow, I am thoroughly grateful for the detailed reqview and excellent ratings that you gave our hotel! It pleases me to see that we were able to deliver the wonderful service and accomodations that you had expected to see after researching where to stay. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the front desk and housekeeping departments about how accommodating they were to your needs.

Thank you once again for your compliments about our property. I welcome you to stay with us again during a future trip to the Magic City.

Christian J. Riofrio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Keokuk, Iowa
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Very convenient to the airport, it took me 10 minutes to turn my rental car in. Secure parking complimentary a plus as is a very nice outdoor pool area, for a Hampton. .
A letdown was they did not recognize me as a HiltonHonors Gold member which is the first time that has happened after many stays with Hampton, Embassy and Doubletree hotels within the chain.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Phillie15,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay. Thank you for your positive comments about the ease and convenience that our property was able to offer you. I apologize that you did not receive your Hilton Honors recognition when checking in, but I garantee this occurrence was an exception and not the rule. I look forward to greeting you personally during any future stay with us as a valued HHonors Gold member.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel recently and we loved it!! The staff is just extremely friendly and accommodating. The hotel room was just over $200 per night and included a full breakfast from 6-10am. The room was immaculate and also offered complimentary wi-fi service. Although I didn't take advantage of it, the gym was very well equipped and clean. The hotel is conveniently located less than 1 mile away from the expressway.

Dear Pdones31,

Thank you for such a positive review about your recent stay with us! I am happy to see that we were able to earn top marks for you in all the categories. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you again in the future.

Minnesota

Great Pre-Cruise Location

Stayed there March 10th 2012 before a cruise.

**Great FREE shuttle service from airport. Once we had our bags, I called the hotel to inform them I was ready for the shuttle. It arrived within 10 minutes. Quick ride to hotel from there.

**Free Breakfast in the morning. Nice selection.

**Great location. Located within a very short walk to: Walgreen's, CVS, Grocery Store, Liquor Store, Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy’s, Star Bucks and some local restaurants.

**Rooms are small, but not bad for 1 night.

**Very fast cab ride from hotel to Port of Miami. $30 with tip.

I would stay here again for my next cruise.

Hello MinnTraveler,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to outline all the details about your stay at our property. You have made it easy for other prospective travelers to preview our amenities and the benefits of choosing to stay with us. I am happy to see you had a great experience and I hope you will visit us again soon!

Ventura, California
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed here on either end of a trip to South America. The shuttle service is prompt and the driver helpful. It is pretty much your typical Hampton Inn, sparked in this instance by the young, energetic staff, especially Marrianne, who did everything possible to make our outbound stay comfortable and hassle free.

The property is in good shape, though showing its age. I was prepared to give it high marks on cleanliness until, on the last day, I noticed the floor under the bathroom sink was dirty with large clumps of something in the corners. To be fair, other than that, the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The rooms are quiet which is a big plus for being so near the airport and with people coming and going all night. A good value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear VenturaTraveler13,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel based on your stay in February. I am happy to see that we received high marks from on of the Top Contributors on this site! I will make sure Marianne gets to read the compliments you left about her attentive customer service. Likewise, I have noted your comments about the cleanliness of the bathroom, and rest assured that I will follow up on the issue with our Executive Housekeeper. We appreciate all your comments because this kind of feedback helps us become a better hotel. I look forward to welcoming you in the future if you decide to pass through Miami again.

Lisbon Falls, Maine
Reviewed March 15, 2012

arrived at this hotel on Friday night before cruise. Called using courtesy phone at airport and shuttle was there within 5 minutes. Check in was smooth and we went up to room. Had a kingsized bed room. We were pleased with the room and pricing of this hotel. Walked across street and ate at the Subway. Next morning stopped in at the Walgreens across street to pick up soda, suntan lotion as well as a book for cruise. Went with the shuttle service that the hotel provided to the port, $10 p/p and we had the 10 am shuttle with two other couples.
Almost forgot, we had breakfast included with stay. Waffles, eggs, biscuits with gravy... were just ok. Value price wise as well as shuttle was why we chose this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I see that, like many of our guests, you chose our hotel based on our location and means of getting to the Port of Miami for a cruise. I am happy to see that you were satisfied with our buffet breakfast and other amenities. I hope to see you again during a future trip to the Miami area!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2012

As other reviewers have noted, the staff at this hotel are indeed very friendly and helpful. But that isn't enough to save this sorry property. I stayed here overnight before flying out of MIA and I was very disappointed. My demands for an airport hotel are always reasonable, since I know that airport hotels are almost always the worst. I just want a clean room, a good place to work out, fast internet connection to get my work done, and perhaps a decent TV on which to rent a movie if I've time. That's a pretty low bar to set. And yet, this property failed across the board:

1) Internet connection was close to dial-up speed.
2) Workout room was an absolute DISGRACE. The weights machines were ancient and in poor condition. No free-weights/dumbbells at all. One single treadmill. An embarrassment all 'round.
3) TV wasn't working properly. I called down to ask and they said the 'system ha[d] been down for a while'. (?!)

This was really unacceptable quality for a Hilton property. It's the second time in the last two months I have had problems at a Hilton hotel. Their management should rouse themselves from their apathy and start taking notice of the deterioration of their properties before Hilton becomes the American Airlines of hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Tennesseine
Dear tennesseine,

I appreciate your time and effort in writing a detailed description of your stay with us in March. Thank you for acknowledging how friendly and helpful our staff was.

While you were satisfied with the customer service, I see that your experience with a few of our amenities left you wanting more. During the dates of your stay, we had experienced a technological issue with the company to whom we outsource the in-room movie system. We did not anticipate for the these issues to occur and we apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

We are also beginning a renovation project for the guestrooms and common areas (including the fitness center) expected in the summer of 2012. This is part of the Open and Mixed Lobby and Jump Start Fitness concepts being adopted by all Hampton Inn hotels by December. If you frequent Hampton Inns, you should be able to notice these changes taking place from now until the end of the year. We invite you to give us another chance to experience our new facilities and "wow" you once this project has been completed.

Please let me know the best way to contact you as I would like to discuss your experiences more in depth. Thank you once again for all of your feedback.