My boyfriend and I drove from Northwest Ohio, to Miami for a cruise leaving out on December 31st. We drove non-stop (only stopping for potty breaks). We were advised to get a hotel out of Miami, to avoid high costs of hotels. When we arrived in Fort Lauderdale at 9am in the morning after a 22 hour drive, we checked the Trip Advisor app for a good hotel, we decided to stop at a Holiday Inn. I went in, and they said that including the standard cost of $130, we'd have to pay for an additional half a day since we wanted to check in before the standard check in. I wasn't down for that, so I went back out to my car, to see if we could get a better deal elsewhere. I looked up Miami hotels, and since I've had good experience with Hampton Inn, I decided to check out the reviews for the Miami Hampton Inn, Blue Lagoon. Called them right away and spoke with Kristen, I told her I was desperate for a place to rest my head, and that we had drove for so long. She told me to come on down, and that we could check in right away for the price of about $125. I mentioned to her I had read a review that said a customer had kept her car there (for FREE!) instead of driving it to the cruise port and paying $20 a day to do so. She put me on hold, came back and said I could also have the same thing, so immediately I knew we had to haul our butts to their hotel. Kristen was there to greet us, and had us checked in right away. Our room was 509, not too shabby of a room, our toilet clogged once (no biggie) and the hallway kind of smelled, but that was a MINOR MINOR problem, considering how much the Hampton Inn pulled through for us. Instead of driving our car to the hectic Miami cruise port and leaving it there for 7 days, which would have meant we would have spent $140 just to do that, we kept our car in the secured and gated bottom floor of the Hampton Inn garage for free. When we returned our car was safe and sound. We ended up paying about $145 for the room, and had free breakfast which is always a plus. The Hampton Inn at the Blue Lagoon, Kristen and the rest of the staff saved us big time. I will sing their praises indefinitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport hotel is located at the Waterford Corporate Park - Blue Lagoon complex, the perfect location for those visiting Miami for business or pleasure: Located just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Doral. The Port of Miami is just a few miles from our door. Close to the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Dadeland Mall & Aventura Mall and the South Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn