“Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Oregon, Ohio
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I drove from Northwest Ohio, to Miami for a cruise leaving out on December 31st. We drove non-stop (only stopping for potty breaks). We were advised to get a hotel out of Miami, to avoid high costs of hotels. When we arrived in Fort Lauderdale at 9am in the morning after a 22 hour drive, we checked the Trip Advisor app for a good hotel, we decided to stop at a Holiday Inn. I went in, and they said that including the standard cost of $130, we'd have to pay for an additional half a day since we wanted to check in before the standard check in. I wasn't down for that, so I went back out to my car, to see if we could get a better deal elsewhere. I looked up Miami hotels, and since I've had good experience with Hampton Inn, I decided to check out the reviews for the Miami Hampton Inn, Blue Lagoon. Called them right away and spoke with Kristen, I told her I was desperate for a place to rest my head, and that we had drove for so long. She told me to come on down, and that we could check in right away for the price of about $125. I mentioned to her I had read a review that said a customer had kept her car there (for FREE!) instead of driving it to the cruise port and paying $20 a day to do so. She put me on hold, came back and said I could also have the same thing, so immediately I knew we had to haul our butts to their hotel. Kristen was there to greet us, and had us checked in right away. Our room was 509, not too shabby of a room, our toilet clogged once (no biggie) and the hallway kind of smelled, but that was a MINOR MINOR problem, considering how much the Hampton Inn pulled through for us. Instead of driving our car to the hectic Miami cruise port and leaving it there for 7 days, which would have meant we would have spent $140 just to do that, we kept our car in the secured and gated bottom floor of the Hampton Inn garage for free. When we returned our car was safe and sound. We ended up paying about $145 for the room, and had free breakfast which is always a plus. The Hampton Inn at the Blue Lagoon, Kristen and the rest of the staff saved us big time. I will sing their praises indefinitely.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kellymarie05
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear Kelly,

I appreciate the time you took to write such a thorough review. I am happy to hear that Kristen was able to accomodate your needs and helped you book with our Cruise Package deal - allowing you to park a car overnight during a cruise for up to 14 nights for free and transfers to the Port of Miami also included. Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to having you the next time you are passing through.

Christian J. Riofrio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pittsbugh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

We only stayed one night here before we flew out but it was great. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. The hotel was very nice and clean. The pool are was awesome!! Took the airport shuttle the next morning with no problems.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank doubletrouble411
Dear doubletrouble,

Thank you for staying with us during your overnight stay in Miami. I am happy to hear everything with your stay went without a hitch. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Lausanne, Switzerland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,060 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed only 1 night at this Hampton Inn and Suites in December, after a long trip from Europe and before travelling around Florida.
Our stay was nice, no complains apart from the noisy A/C system in the room. Bed was comfy, bathroom was big enough for 2 (but not very clean on the floor), free wifi, free parking and free breakfast.
All what we needed for a quick stop. Room on 8th floor.
Hotel is near the airport and not far too from Miami Beach by car (15-20 minutes drive).
In the aera, you'll find Walgreens store, CVS, Wendy's and many other shop.
We might comeback next time if price is right.

Room Tip: High floor room, away from elevator
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Our family stayed here on our way to a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We got a good flight to Miami and Fort Lauderdale Everglades cruise port is about a 40 minutes drive.

It is conveniently located near the airport and a small strip mall. the strip mall has a few good restaurants and a Publix grocery store. It does not seem to be the best of neighbourhoods although we did feel safe walking as a group (adults and children) between our hotel and the mall to go get supper.

The hotel front desk was super friendly and courteous (hats of to Alexandra and Valerie!!). Unfortunately, the rooms need some renovation. They appear to be relatively clean but age has caught up. The mattresses should also be updated. We were also quite disappointed to have no hot water the morning we got up to leave. It wasn't even very early in the day (approx. 8:00 am). The front desk simply apologized saying they had a problem. Not much comfort when, as a traveller using a hotel, all you simply want is a good night sleep, a shower and some breakfast.

The breakfast area was busy, well stocked and relatively clean. It was very busy, I guess they did have a hard time keeping up with the cleaning of tables. The choices were the standard (awful hot choices to our taste; however, great cold healthy choices) for this type of hotel. Unlike manyHampton Inns we've stayed at, we were disappointed to learn there was no happy hour.

This hotel does feature a wonderful patio adjacent to breakfast area. The patio also holds the swimming pool area, a nice touch!

We used the fitness centre in the morning. They should add at least two other treadmills. There was a line waiting to use the only one available.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Canadians_who_travel
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback about your experience at our property. It is great to see that Alexandra and Valerie were able to provide you with attentive service. I am also glad you enjoyed our outdoor pool and jacuzzi area situated by our breakfast promenade and able to get the best daylight sun. I will pass your positive comments on to the rest of my team.
Our hotel was built from the ground up in 2000 with a major renovation project in 2005/2006, so it surprises me that you found the rooms out-of-date. Regardless, I will take your comments into consideration during our next management meeting.
In reference to the hot water during the morning of your stay, I am aware we had a maintenance issue with our boilers which has since been resolved. The front desk did not have enough details of the issue to be able to pass on to you, and for this lack of communication I am sorry. We are also working closely with our breakfast staff to ensure proper preparation of our Hampton Standard Hot Breakfast items. Rest assured that all of your criticisms are being carefully examined to ensure the 100% satisfaction of our guests.
If you do decide to give us another chance soon, you will be happy to know that we now are offering an evening Managers' Reception three days a week between 5pm-7pm. I really hope you can give us another opportunity to "wow" you during a future visit in the Miami area.

Ciudad Autonoma de Bs As
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Nice Hotel for business porpouse, good breakfast , the gym it is very small and the laundry machines can be improved.

if you get a suite , you have a supermarket very near so it is fine, but if you go to a normal room and you arrive later than 6 it is complicate find a good restaurant in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Service was great.
The room was okay for a one night stop over. Nothing spectacular.
Nice breakfast.
Very good chinese food across the street in the plaza.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MarkWindsorOntario
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I apologize that we were unable to "wow" you during your night with us. We always try to make our guests' stay spectacular and I can assure you that your experience was the exception, and not the rule, when staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport. I hope you can find an opportunity to come and stay with us again.

Malmö, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Clean room with with comfortable beds. We slept very well.
Good breakfast. Shuttle service worked well. WiFi worked well.
Nice and service minded staff in the reception.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family