Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
$153
$144
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$199
$152
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$90
InterContinental Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$243
$225
InterContinental
$140
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$91
$119
$105
Priceline
3,148 results
All reviewsmiami airportcuban restaurantsecure parkingshuttle servicestrip mallcruise portfast food restaurantscruise packageburger kingfree breakfastbreakfast roompublix grocery storehot breakfastfree shuttleevery half hourfront desk staffyogurt
Reviewed December 24, 2007

I stayed at this hotel twice in recent weeks. I live on the West Coast and needed a place to stop over and rest before getting on an international flight out of Miami. I am very selective about hotels, and was completely satisfied in every way. I'm very grateful to TripAdvisor for helping me find this hotel!

PROS

* Very near the airport
* Shuttle runs frequently (and until midnight, without having to call) and promptly
* Hotel is new and clean and well-maintained
* I put a special request in my reservation...and the front desk staff actually noted it and assigned my room accordingly (surprisingly rare)
* Very secure building at night -- key card needed to take elevator to guest room floors after hours
* Free parking
* Substantial breakfast (free)
* Friendly front desk staff, housekeeping staff, and airport shuttle drivers -- I definitely got the sense they were glad I was there
* Free internet access
* Free fitness room
* It's the little things...like the "to go" bags of breakfast food at the front desk; the newspaper being delivered to your door in a bag so you can take it with you without staining your hands or worse; the lounge area where breakfast is served is always available (and has free wifi) for you to work, socialize, etc.

CONS

Well, while I was at the hotel, I was formulating my TripAdvisor review in my mind. I was going to complain about the paper cups in the room. I mean, I usually stay in more upscale hotels and they always have glasses. But...i just saw a news expose at [--](entitled "Dirty Hotel Secrets") about how those glasses are never adequately cleaned in between guests, even at the best hotels. So now I am grateful to The Hampton Inn for sticking with disposables glasses! Sorry, I know it's wasteful, but I'm exposed to enough germs and viruses when I travel, I certainly don't need bugs on my hotel room glasses!

Keep in mind the rooms are simple. This is a Hampton Inn after all.

SUMMARY

I stayed at The Hampton Inn & Suites -- Miami -- Airport South -- Blue Lagoon to break up my long international flights. I was very pleased with the place. It is as good as the TripAdvisor reviews say. As a woman traveling alone, I was grateful for all of their security measures.

Will definitely stay there again if I need to be in Miami for a night or two and want to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
7  Thank vallelunga
Reviewed December 23, 2007

This was a great one night pre cruise hotel. We arrived into Miami late and booked this hotel because the free shuttle runs until 1AM. We waited about 20 minutes, our only complaint was the hotel name was hard to read on the van so just be on the lookout or you might miss it. Our room had a view of the Burger King corp HQ and the runway. Lots of fast food places as well as a Publix across the street. Hotel helped us arrange a $10 pp transfer to the pier. Free breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast. Overall a great value.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Case1096
Reviewed November 23, 2007

For an overnight stay near an airport, the hotel was great. I felt quite secure, the accommodations were nice, and the complimentary breakfast was convenient. I was also able to slip across the street to the shopping center to pick up a few things in the morning. The one area that needs improvement is the airport van shuttle. After a full day flight, it was a long, tiresome wait for the shuttle to finally arrive. One had to keep on guard, watching every vehicle that came and went to check for the right van.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank HappyTrailsCanada
Reviewed November 17, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport/Blue Lagoon for one precruise night Nov. 3. I can't say enough good things about it. The free shuttle got me from the airport to the hotel quickly. The people at the front desk were helpful, polite, and professional. My room was very clean and comfortable. I have stayed at some fine hotels in my lifetime. Many of those should send their employees to this hotel to learn how it's done. I walked across the street to a shopping center to get dinner (several restaurants, Publix, 2 drugstores) and walked a block to St. Dominic's for Mass Sunday morning. Also took another walk that morning. I am a 64-year-old woman traveling alone and felt very safe. The free breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but was adequate. The price was reasonable for Miami.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank Stonewall
Reviewed November 13, 2007

Like so many other reviewers I booked this Hotel for aone night stay after flying in from the UK and before taking a car service up to Port
Everglades to join our cruise the next day.

We were lucky as the shuttle bus turned up within minutes of us exiting the terminal building.

Our room was a good size, very clean and provided every amenity we required. We found all the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Breakfast
was relatively good for a free Hotel breakfast in the US! The hot food
wasn't too hot but there were plenty of cereals and pastries as well as fruit and yoghurt.

I booked this Hotel on the strength of the reviews on this site which was once again a most reliable source of information.

• Stayed: October 2003, traveled as a couple