“Quiet, Affordable Hotel in a Convenient Location”

Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Ranked #20 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is very convenient. It's a block from both US Highway 1 and the Coconut Grove station on the Metrorail. It's about a ten minute ride to downtown on the Metrorail. Despite the heavy traffic on HIghway 1, our room was very quiet. We didn't hear any traffic noise or any noise from adjoining rooms.

Our room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed on the sixth floor, and we had a very nice skyline view from our room. The mini fridge and the microwave were nice amenities. The fridge even includes a separate freezer.

The service was great as well. Everyone from the front desk staff, to the breakfast attendants, to the housekeepers were very friendly and helpful.

We only had one complaint of any consequence. The pool isn't heated, and it can get cold in the afternoon shade and in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear wfoodog,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your ratings and review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you found the hotel to be quiet despite our proximity to US1. and that you found us to be conveniently located to access downtown. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms. Thank you for noting our team members' hamptonality and service disposition. Unfortunately our pool is not heated at this time, but will bring it up to the attention of our ownership group to see if we can add a heater in the near future.

Please comeback to see us again!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stopped here to spend the night as to stay on Sunday in South Beach made our trip too expensive.

Excellent hotel. New. Clean. Big rooms and bathroom. Great bed - we had a kingsize.

Staff were helpful when we wanted to know if the Venetian Pool was open or not (it was Columbus Day) - they called ahead to check for us.

Nothing bad about it. Enjoy!

1  Thank PCardiff82

Dear PCardiff82,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you noting the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms, along with the hamptonality of our team members. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent hotel, this hotel I will stay at again when in Miami. Stayed here for cruise out of Miami for two day's. Worth the money. Breakfast was good, parking is secure gated downstairs can only enter with room key. The BED WAS AWSOME could sleep in them all day long.

1  Thank Marcus S
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Marcus S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your oustanding reviews and ratings of your recent stay with us. I am glad you got to enjoy the free breakfast, and complimentary parking along with the comfort of our heavenly beds. Check out our cruise packages which include trasportation from our hotel for up to two people next time you aretaking a cruise out of Miami.

Looking forward to your next visit.

With pleasure,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My three-night stay at the Hampton Inn was fine. It's right off the main road, Dixie Highway, which is US Route 1. You can see the Hampton Inn sign from Rt. 1, which is good because the traffic in Miami/Coral Gables is unbelievable. I am not a particularly nervous driver, but driving in greater Miami is quite a challenge for a visitor. I was visiting Univ. of Miami which is about 10 - 15 minutes away.

The main things I liked about this Hampton Inn were: 1) it was quiet; I never heard any noise from outside and barely heard inside noise, no traffic sounds, no footsteps in the hall, no conversations taking place outside my door, no plumbing sounds from adjoining rooms; 2) breakfast was pretty good, I was there for 3 nights and while I left too early the final morning to get breakfast at the hotel, the other two mornings I had a decent meal -- coffee, juice, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, scrambled eggs one morning and an omelet the other morning. There were lots of bread/muffin/bagel choices, cereals, a bowl of fruit, etc., standard breakfast fare. I felt like it was a good deal; 3) free parking on-site, which is a huge plus. The Inn has a 2-level parking area. The above-ground spaces were full when I arrived, but I always found a spot in the underground lot, and I was in and out several times; 4) friendly staff, the person on duty the night before I left was so helpful in pulling out a map to show me exactly how to get to the Miami airport, which is close. I'd flown into Ft. Lauderdale and had not yet been to MIA; 5) a comfortable bed, very comfortable, with a beautiful fresh duvet cover; 5) my toilet was flushing on its own every hour or so, and when I told the front desk about it, it was fixed right away, with a note left near the sink giving the time of the repair; 6) I had to leave about 5 a.m. to catch a flight on my last day there and I think I startled the night security guard. But he, too, was so friendly and helpful. At that time of night the parking lot was full to overflowing, but he helped me to wiggle my car around all the parked cars to get up and out the driveway.

Only two quibbles and they are minor: I couldn't get the Internet to work very well, but it wasn't a major issue for me. Either my phone wasn't linking to the wi-fi or I wasn't doing something right. The other small complaint is that the hotel's TV channel selections do not include PBS.

It seems like a very well-run hotel serving business travelers, parents of U. Miami students, and tourists all in a courteous and professional manner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear rrsrichmond,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and awesome ratings of your recent stay with us. We are glad you found our hotel to be quiet and comfortable, and that you got to enjoy the value added services and amenities we offer such as the free breakfast and complimentary parking. We also appreciate you mentioning the friendly service disposition of our team members. I am surprised that you were not able to link to our WIFI,which has been working very efficiently since we upgraded it earlier in the year. I will make sure I follow up with AT&T to make sure everything is fine.

Come back to visit us again We love having you here!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've stayed here before for my Doctors visit. I have always enjoyed my stay at his Hampton Inn. Beds very comfy. Staff-great! John at the front desk was so cheerful and pleasant every time we spoke. Always had a smile. A lot of choices with free breakfast. Close distance to good restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member ,

Thank you so much for your great comments and ratings. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit. We are very appreciative of your comments regarding John, who like you mentioned is always pleasant.

Come back to see us soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a very pleasant stay in Coconut Grove. We got a great night's sleep and can recommend Hampton Inn. The pool is just OK and in the shade for a lot of the day. The carpet could have been cleaner but the staff was conscientious. We liked that the comforter is covered by a duvet that is washed fresh for each guest.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the great ratings and your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your recommendation. Our pool located on the west end of our property remains under the building shade for most of the morning, but you can still get that great tan during the afternoon hours. I will forward your comments regarding the carpet to our Housekeeping Manager to make sure they are spotless as expected.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

we have stayed here numerous times when we've come to Coral Gables to visit our kids. The price is great, the hotel is conveniently located and the rooms are super clean. My only complaint is that the shower never got hot enough. Other than that I could not say a bad word.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank suburbanmommy

Dear suburbanmommy,

THANK YOU! We truly love to have loyal customers like you and try our hardest to provide you with a clean room, comfortable and safe surroundings, and great friendly service. I am sorry to hear about the water temperature if you are so kind to inboxme your information to follow up with that room, I will make sure we look into it.
We look forward to your next visit.

Cordially,