This is a very nicely renovated hotel in a good location in Coconut Grove. The rooms and bathrooms have been upgraded to be nicer than an average Hampton Inn. My room had a microwave and refrigerator. The staff was nice, polite and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Parking was free. Breakfast was average Hampton Inn - powdered eggs, etc., nothing special or different. My main concerns were with air conditioning and room odor. Miami is a very hot, humid place in July and air conditioning is very important. When I entered the room, I immediately detected a strong moldy, mildew, musty odor. The room was quite warm and muggy. I turned on the air conditioning, which had a nice big touch screen thermostat. I set the air on minimum temp and fan on high. However, the air would only run about 2-3 minutes, and then it would stop for 10 minutes or so. I tried different settings and nothing would override this to allow me to reduce the temperature or keep the fan on. Nothing I could do through the night would allow me to reduce the temperature below 75 degrees. I looked up the thermostat and discovered it is a centrally controlled "smart" system used by hotels to cut energy costs and reduce A/C runtime. The fan can not be set to run continuously, and central settings and room sensors override what I set as a guest. Because the fan can not run, I heard more noise from doors slamming, etc. than I normally would. Only other complaint was a more limited selection of channels on the TV compared to most Hampton Inns. CNBC just displayed a DirectTV logo bouncing on the screen. Overall, a nice looking hotel, but I would not stay again if this air conditioning system is being used. Hotel was a disappointment after reading the reviews in Trip Advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best hotel value in Miami/Coconut Grove-Coral Gables. Located directly across from MetroRail station, walking distance of Coconut Grove and minutes from Coral Gables, downtown business districts. Our 135 deluxe guestrooms are spacious, comfortable, our amenities include Free High-Speed internet access, Free "On The House" Hot Breakfast, Free local calls, business center, 37" LCD TV's w/extended cable, free in-room movies, voice mail, pool/whirlpool, fitness center, meeting rooms, microwaves/refrigerators also available in rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn Coral Gables
- Hampton Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Hampton Inn