“Reliable hotel for the budget traveller”

Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Ranked #20 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I stayed at this hotel because I wanted a budget-conscious place where I could easily get to a conference in downtown Miami (10 - 15 minutes away) and enjoy South Beach (25 minutes away).

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the place was relatively quiet (except for the little barking dog somewhere in the neighborhood). There was a flat-screen, HD TV, a decent -sized refrigerator with a separate freezer section, and microwave in the room. The hotel had free WiFi and parking. The buffet breakfast was quite extensive, with not only the usual cereal and bread products, but eggs and sausage, and fresh fruit, too. There was even a complimentary happy hour with beer and snacks!

My only complaints were that the towels weren't super soft and the water pressure in the shower on the 6th floor was lacking. I can deal with both of those for this price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jrfras
There are newer reviews for Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Reviewed January 3, 2008

After having a horrendous experience at the Springhill Suites by the airport (see my review) and 5 night cruise, this hotel was a very restful stop before our trip home. Everything was hassle free -- check-in was easy, rooms were ready early, rooms were clean, the BED was heavenly!, breakfast area was sparkling clean (none of the broken toasters or tremendous lines at the springhill) and the staff were courteous & helpful, walking distance to shopping, across from pollo tropical (great for a quick bite), etc etc.... definitely enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank earthwind
Reviewed November 23, 2007

This is my fifth trip to the Miami area and my first stay at a Hampton Inn. In my previous visits to Miami I had stay at South Beach/Downtown hotels, although I have nothing to complain about the downtown Hyatt or the (now extintct) Fontainebleau Hilton, after this recent experience I do prefer the Hampton Inn.

The hotel is just next to US1, really convinient to get further south or up north, it is only a 5 minute drive to Coconut Grove.

The staff is really firendly, from your arrival at the front desk, the servers at the continental breakfast, the maids, everyone is always happy to help.

I got room 613, on the top floor, one king bed, 32" LCD TV, a mini fridge and microwave oven (that I did't use), spacious bathroom with shower (no tub), a mid size closet with in room safe (I understand that not all rooms have a safe).

The view out the window is not great, but who travels to stay in the room looking out the window.

The rate includes free self service parking, free continental breakfast, free high speed internet and free use of the busisness center, were they have two PC computers with laser printers.

There is also an outdoor pool with a jacuzzi.

What I liked most about the hotel, was the do it yourself concept. There is no bellboys or concierge, when you arrive you just get one of the carts and take your suitcases up to your room, also the free self service parking is a luxury in Miami very hard to find.

The only con of the hotel is that the airconditioning is a little bit to noisy.

If you like shopping you will find that the The Village of Merrick Park and the Shops at Sunset Place are close by as well as the Dadeland Mall and further south The Falls. The most complete mall I could say that is Aventura up north and Saw Grass Mills is one of the largest outlet malls in the US. If you like luxury shopping, don't miss Bal Harbour Shops.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank cesarbm
Reviewed October 24, 2007

We loved the flat screen TV!!!! It also had cables for a portable DVD player. The breakfast was nice. The room was spacious. Overall it was a quiet place. The staff were really nice. There is also a guest laundry which was helpful after a long trip. Not on the main thoroughfare, but was a 5-10 minute walk to the transit station. There were a few fast food places in the immediate area. The hotel provided a listing and map of the local restaurants. Beware, the walk from the train station to the Dadeland Mall was long. But the mall was relly nice. Also, this is not far from the main area of Coral Gables, a short taxi ride or 20 minute walk through the neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank Nina8
Reviewed October 18, 2007

My boyfriend and I spent 3 days in Miami prior to going on a cruise. We wanted a hotel that was reasonably priced, clean and close to the Miami tourist attractions. This hotet met all of those criteria and more. I did hours and hours of research trying to find a hotel in Miami. Finally I ran across this hotel and decided it looked like it would work for us. I was 100% right.

Our stay was outstanding right from the beginning. We had stayed up late the night before and when our plane landed at 9:30am I called the hotel to see if we could get in our room early. They said our room was already ready. It was so great to check into our room early and take a nap before starting our sightseeing. The room was impeccably clean. Hampton Inn has very comfortable beds with really nice white comforters. We also had a big flat screen TV.

The hotel has just about every extra you could want. It has a pool, hot tub and computers with internet access. Parking is free and we always got a close space. The neighboorhood seemed safe. There is a stop on the Miami's metro system a block away. The breakfast is free and has a different hot choice every day in addition to all the usual continental breakfast items like cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit, juices and coffee. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful.

Another thing I really liked was how easy it was to get where we wanted to go. It took about 15 minutes to get there from the airport. It's right off of US 1 which got us to downtown very quickly. The coconut grove and Miracle Mile shopping areas are each about 5 minutes away. It took us about 20 minutes to get to South Beach. Plenty of restaurants in the near vicinity. The hotel provided a very nice map with a list of all the places you might need in the area.

I don't know why you would want to deal with the hassle of staying in any of the beach areas when you could stay here in a nice, clean hotel with great service and amenities. I would definitely stay here again if I went to Miami.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Izzyb99
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We were impressed with the level of service at this hotel, particularly on week days when there were continous food offerings at the happy hour and at breakfast we were brought tiny boxes of mints and water bottles for our day. These were not offered on week-ends, though service was still good on those days and breakfast items were continuously replenished.
We had wanted a hotel in South Beach, but ended up here because we didn't want to pay SB prices. We were very happy with the location as it is very near Coral Gables and Coconut Grove both with good restaurants. It was about twenty mintues from South Beach. Even though it is right off the highway, it is on a quiet street. Room was fairly large and clean. Hotel doesn't have great curb appeal, but inside is very nice.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank lisatravels
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights partly for work but also for a decent Miami location for my wife and son.

The hotel is clean and well run. The rooms aren't massive but the beds are and highly comfortable at that! The breakfast was fine and the manager layed on some free drink and nibbles one evening.

The pool was out of order but we wouldn't have used it anyway. Free internet (2 computors) downstairs and free parking. There are good restaurants and supermarkets close by. In particular the Cuban restaurant just past the very nice Italian is a must. We're only sorry our 18-month old son decided to perform "tantrum in B minor" to the customers and staff.

Coconut Grove was OK but nothing special but the leafy lanes of Coral Gables are a must for a relaxing drive through on the way from the Tamiami trail (route 41).

We paid $185 per night so it wasn't cheap but the location was good, and close to downtown Miami and Key Biscayne were I was working.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business