Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I don't give many excellent ratings but this property well deserves it. This is probably the best Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in. This hotel offers a level of amenities and service one would associate more with a higher-priced chain such as Embassy Suites.
It's well-located in Coconut Grove, just off U.S. 1 a couple of miles south of where I-95 ends (or starts). It appears to be an older property, but recently renovated, and beautifully so.
The room was spacious and clean, with an excellent bathroom. We even had a very good view of downtown Miami as a bonus.
The complimentary breakfast included waffles and mini-omelets.
It has free ground-level and underground parking (for cruisers leaving their cars).
All personnel we encountered were courteous and helpful. We even left with complimentary bottled water.
This will definitely be our choice for future Miami visits. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Our 6th (top) floor room was very quiet. Room 614 had a nice city view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoswellDad
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear RoswellDad,

Thank you for such a great review, we are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and we certainly welcome the praise of comparing our services to a full service brand. As you noted our location just off of US1 is great with easy access to Downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, Coral Gables and South Miami. Thank you also for noticing our recent renovations, which keep our spacious rooms up to par.

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Miguel Velasquez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Convenient location and reasonable price with breakfast included. The hotel is not new but it is very clean and comfortable. Parking was no problem and staff are great. Overall we had a great stay and we recommend it.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica B

Dear Jessica B,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you had a great stay and that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient. We really appreciate your recommendation to others.

Comeback soon! We love having you here!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights (meant to be 7 but more on that later).

The hotel was pretty easy to locate, even at 10pm after a long flight from the UK. There was a small car park which seemed to fit everyone in nicely, and there is an additional underground parking area if it is full. I was checked in quickly into room on the 5th floor, which came with a refridgerator and microwave. Staff at check-in were friendly enough.

Breakfast at the hotel is complimentary and is the standard Hampton Inn food - cereals, yogurts, fruit, hot selection, waffles etc. It was a nice seating area - always busy but always possible to find a seat. I liked being able to take an extra yogurt back to my room and some fruit to take out with me.

The room was comfortable - the bed was heavenly, soft and perfect for a good sleep, with an assortment of pillows. Good size desk, and a huge TV. The TV was great but for a red line that went the whole height of the screen no matter what channel I had it on.

Hotel was opposite the metro - I didn't use it as I had a car with me, but I imagine it might be useful. Also a gas station and a diner right opposite. Everything else a 5 minute drive (pharmacy, post office, etc).

I was approached during breakfast to ask how my stay was, which I thought was a nice touch.

The only thing I found strange was their complete ambivalence to my checking-out 3 days early. At no point was I asked why I was leaving (and if I ran a hotel I'd be concerned if guests were leaving early), instead all I was greeted with was 'well, you've prepaid so you won't get a refund'. Nice. Considering I was leaving because I had picked up an infection through mosquito bites and was taking an early flight back to the UK for medical treatment, I felt this uninterested attitude made me feel even more miserable.

Last time I was in this region, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Hallandale Beach. I think given the choice I would stay there for future visits too. Nothing wrong with this Hampton, but I felt a little more valued at the other one.

Room Tip: The rooms with a fridge/microwave are best, and I think these are on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank loxias27

Dear loxias27,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We are really sorry to find out you had to shorten your trip due to a medical reason. We apologize for the ambivalent attitude of our guest service staff at time of check out, I have shared your comments with them to make sure we improve our services.
We are glad you did get to enjoy the days you were able to stay, and that you took advantage of our breakfast and our hotel accommodations.

We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is the second stay in 6 months at the Hampton in Coconut Grove. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again. We have always checked in quite late with no hassle. Rooms are updated and clean. It's a convenient location and the rates are reasonable. Staff is very cordial and helpful. Breakfast can be a bit crowded and staff isn't extremely attentive to restocking hot trays, but all in all breakfast is included and good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 193DebbieP
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Debbie P,

Thank you so much for staying with us again, and giving us the vote of confidence to come back whenever you are in the area. We strive to provide a clean, and safe hotel at a reasonable price as you have stated, and rejoice each and every time we accomplish it. I will share your comments with our staff to continue to improve our services.

Come back soon........... We love Having you here!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

There's nothing specifically wrong with this hotel. Given the other Hilton properties in the area, this is probably one of the better hotels. This is especially true if you're trying to avoid the airport hotels.

The hotel is clean. It's not very new but you can tell they remodeled. It does not have the brand new Hampton look and feel. The look and feel of the new Hampton properties really raises the bar.

The location is probably great for most people given the proximity to Coral Gables. In the morning, it's about 15-20 minutes to get to some parts of downtown.

I have stayed here several times the past few weeks on business. My biggest challenge is finding a place to eat without having to find street parking, valet park, or use a parking garage. This rules out a lot of great places in Coral Gables.

There is a Dunkin Donuts and Pollo Tropical across the street. There is some fast food on US1 but that's about it unless you want to drive through traffic during peak hours. If you're on business and don't want to get out, ask the front desk for delivery menus. There are quite a few good options and they do a good job keeping up with what's available.

The staff has been very good and I will probably return. The parking garage is a great feature given that this isn't a part of town where a parking lot is feasible. I plan on trying the new Hampton Inn downtown but this hotel is on my list to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jimpeterson

Dear jimpeterson,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel, and noting that although not new, it is one of the better choices when it comes to Hilton properties. We rejoice in knowing that we are providing you and all of our guests with a clean and safe place to stay away from home. Thank you for noting our central location which has easy access to Coral Gables, South Miami, Downtown Miami, and Key Biscayne.
Within walking distance of our hotel there are two full service restaurants which are very popular with locals and tourist "Berries in the Grove" which offers a broad Italian based menu, and "las Culebrinas" which offers a fusion of Spanish/Cuban cuisine. I suggest you try them during your next visit to Coconut Grove.

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

When we checked in to this property we were given a room right away, onlt to find out that the room was not ready and would not be ready for sometime. I went back to the front desk and addressed the issue and the clerk made a quick change in rooms as well as a very nice letter from the property manager. I have almost always stayed at a Hampton Inn when I travel, (this week was 2 different locations.) The properties never let me down, always a class act.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff C

Dear Jeff C,

First of all we would like to say thank you for being a loyal Hampton hotels customer. We also would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and services. I was dismay to find out that your stay did not go as smoothly as it should have, but I am also extremely glad that we were able to address the issues and that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

I look forward for an opportunity to serve you the Hampton way. Come back to visit us next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I checked in pretty late and was given a key to my room. I went up to the room, opened the door and saw that someone was already staying in the room - this did not make me feel at all secure knowing that the front desk is handing out keys willy-nilly withiut first checking whether they're occupied, They moved me to another room which stank of cigarette smoke. Finally they found me a decent room. After this display of ineptitude and, frankly, not much of a show of concern on the part of the staff I specifically asked whether my request for a wake up call had been set up for the new room to which I had been moved, They assured me that it had but, surprise! - I didn't get a wake up call. Thankfully my alarm woke me up. All in all not a great place,

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BaltimoreFrancophile

Dear BaltimoreFrancophile,

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have found during your stay with us. We attempt to provide a 100% satisfaction guaranteed stay to all of our guests, unfortunately at times we fail to do so. As per messages sent to your inbox we have proceeded to make up for our failure to serve you the way you deserve.

We look forward to an opportunity to serve you the Hampton way in the nearby future.