“Very nice place to stay.”

Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Ranked #19 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed here recently and the hotel was very clean and pleasant. The staff is helpful and the continental breakfasts are delicious. Traffic is heavy as the hotel sits along US 1, but still, I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Sorry it is taking me this long to reply to your Trip Advisor feedback. I am delighted to read that you and your family had a great stay with us. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast which is the most popular feature our guest get to enjoy while staying with us. We look foward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Sincerly,

Reviewed March 22, 2012

a good room, a good complimentary breakfast and free parking. What else could you ask for at that rate?

Room Tip: higher rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Hey there ,

Just wanted to say Thank you for the kind comments on our service. I really appreciate them even though its taken me a while to respond to them. We will be delighted if you came back to visit us next time your in the Miami area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is my generic review of a Hampton Inn property. Clean, good service, good complementary breakfast. Everything I expect at a Hampton Inn with no surprises. They're generally all the same. This Miami - Coconut Grove property seems to be a little on the older side.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I recently spent two weeks in that hotel. I was working or taking Spanish lessons in the morning or the evening, and enjoying the sun during the day. The hotel is really well located: we did not have a car and did not need one. The center of Coconut Grove (don't miss Lulu's Brussels Sprouts or Jaguar's ceviche) can be reached by foot in 15 minutes (the walk will take you thru a great, quiet, safe neighborhood) and the Miami "subway", in 5. The hotel was quiet, the walls reasonably thick. We did not try the pool (the water was too cold when we went between Feb 9 and 22), but sat by it. They should have left more room for the chairs and there's an annoying ventilation noise that comes from God knows where that will ruin your attempts to fully rest. But the worst thing was the Internet connection. They're supposed to have free "high-speed" wireless Internet, but I don't call downloading speeds of (max) 500 kbps "high-speed". I complained. Reception lent me some tool that was supposed to fix the problem (I could plug my computer in it). Did not fix the problem. I complained to Expedia. They told me management was talking to AT&T to find a solution. Well, that solution was never found (and no one at the hotel ever contacted me about this issue). The connection remained bad until the end of my stay, a real minus for people who need to use the Internet professionally. I was offered to change hotels by Expedia, but that was too much hassle (and no hotel seemed as cheap, as good, and as well located). So we stayed where we were. I may go back there, but I sure hope they do something about that Internet issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove for 6 days during our vacation. Location is perfect. Close to everything:Downtown, South beach, Keys, Shopping malls.....very convenient.
Room was clean upon check in and was serviced daily by housekeeping very well.
Complimentary breakfast and managers reception were above and beyond of usual "Hampton style" breakfast. They had different hot items every day thru all our stay!! lots of food.... Staff was very welcoming and made us feel warm thru all our stay..... We appreciated everything so much! Thank you guys for such a great work!!!!
P.S. internet was super slow though....but we didnt need to use it a lot, cause we were out of hotel most of the time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Ooops, Sorry its taken me a while to respond to your great comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am extremely glad that you got to enjoy our variety of items in our Breakfast Buffet and our Managers reception. I will make sure to share your great review with our staff, I am sure they will be delighted to know about it. Please come back and visit us during your next vacation.

Sincerly,

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Excellent low-to-mid-range option. good location and parking facilities. service level impressively at a level of 4*+ hotels. breakfast is of the uninspiring kind without substance so typical for this type of hotel, but even on that aspect one feels they put in some effort. Recommendable if a little expensive for Hampton Inns. I reckon this is driven by the location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was upgraded to a nicer room, and the front desk attendant called me five minutes after I got into my room to make sure the accommodations were acceptable. Everyone that worked at the hotel was very pleasant and made sure I had a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

I apologize for the delay in acknowledging your kind reviews. I was delighted to read that your stay was great and that you were very pleased with the performance of our staff. At Hampton Inn Coconut Grove we take our customer satisfaction very close to our heart and boast about it when customers like you tell the entire world about it. I will make sure your comments are brought to the attention of our team during our monthly employee luncheon.

With Pleasure,