“Nice place, as expected”

Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is my generic review of a Hampton Inn property. Clean, good service, good complementary breakfast. Everything I expect at a Hampton Inn with no surprises. They're generally all the same. This Miami - Coconut Grove property seems to be a little on the older side.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,741)

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I recently spent two weeks in that hotel. I was working or taking Spanish lessons in the morning or the evening, and enjoying the sun during the day. The hotel is really well located: we did not have a car and did not need one. The center of Coconut Grove (don't miss Lulu's Brussels Sprouts or Jaguar's ceviche) can be reached by foot in 15 minutes (the walk will take you thru a great, quiet, safe neighborhood) and the Miami "subway", in 5. The hotel was quiet, the walls reasonably thick. We did not try the pool (the water was too cold when we went between Feb 9 and 22), but sat by it. They should have left more room for the chairs and there's an annoying ventilation noise that comes from God knows where that will ruin your attempts to fully rest. But the worst thing was the Internet connection. They're supposed to have free "high-speed" wireless Internet, but I don't call downloading speeds of (max) 500 kbps "high-speed". I complained. Reception lent me some tool that was supposed to fix the problem (I could plug my computer in it). Did not fix the problem. I complained to Expedia. They told me management was talking to AT&T to find a solution. Well, that solution was never found (and no one at the hotel ever contacted me about this issue). The connection remained bad until the end of my stay, a real minus for people who need to use the Internet professionally. I was offered to change hotels by Expedia, but that was too much hassle (and no hotel seemed as cheap, as good, and as well located). So we stayed where we were. I may go back there, but I sure hope they do something about that Internet issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove for 6 days during our vacation. Location is perfect. Close to everything:Downtown, South beach, Keys, Shopping malls.....very convenient.
Room was clean upon check in and was serviced daily by housekeeping very well.
Complimentary breakfast and managers reception were above and beyond of usual "Hampton style" breakfast. They had different hot items every day thru all our stay!! lots of food.... Staff was very welcoming and made us feel warm thru all our stay..... We appreciated everything so much! Thank you guys for such a great work!!!!
P.S. internet was super slow though....but we didnt need to use it a lot, cause we were out of hotel most of the time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Ooops, Sorry its taken me a while to respond to your great comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am extremely glad that you got to enjoy our variety of items in our Breakfast Buffet and our Managers reception. I will make sure to share your great review with our staff, I am sure they will be delighted to know about it. Please come back and visit us during your next vacation.

Sincerly,

Miguel Velasquez

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Excellent low-to-mid-range option. good location and parking facilities. service level impressively at a level of 4*+ hotels. breakfast is of the uninspiring kind without substance so typical for this type of hotel, but even on that aspect one feels they put in some effort. Recommendable if a little expensive for Hampton Inns. I reckon this is driven by the location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was upgraded to a nicer room, and the front desk attendant called me five minutes after I got into my room to make sure the accommodations were acceptable. Everyone that worked at the hotel was very pleasant and made sure I had a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

I apologize for the delay in acknowledging your kind reviews. I was delighted to read that your stay was great and that you were very pleased with the performance of our staff. At Hampton Inn Coconut Grove we take our customer satisfaction very close to our heart and boast about it when customers like you tell the entire world about it. I will make sure your comments are brought to the attention of our team during our monthly employee luncheon.

With Pleasure,

Miguel Velasquez

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Located very close to Coconut Grove tri rail station but a bit far to walk to downtown Coconut Grove.

Very clean hotel. Super breakfast included as part of the deal. At Hampton Inn they include breakfast, coffee, wifi, pool, parking and business centre. Consequently it's quite pricey unless you plan to use all of these features.

Management failed to respond to a call related to a maintenance and noise issue which was disappointing. I walked to front desk and they sorted it out straight away - pity the manager couldn't be bothered coming to see me and sorting it out personally.

Our room had microwave and fridge but they don't all have these. Room don't have safes which is a real miss.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Buzzaway
Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you are looking for a convenient hotel near Coconut Grove and Coral Gables, this is a good option. The rooms are nice, there is ample parking space (for free) and a reasonable pool to relax. The fitness center is poor: when I went, the treatmill was unusable. And the free breakfast is not exactly great. But there is a very nice coffee station just by the entrance, always with a fresh brew, night and day. There is no in-room safe, something I have come to expect from Hilton group hotels.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends