“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

You added Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables to your Saves list
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #12 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Carolina
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was looking for a nice, comfortable, and affordable hotel in Miami for a business trip. Although my company pays for my stay, I never like to choose a hotel that's too pricey. As I began my search, hotel rooms in the area were going for a premium and availability was surprisingly not good. As it turned out, the couple nights I stayed just happened to be when the X Factor was filming in Miami.

I really had planned to stay on South Beach since that is where my meeting was, but the cost was prohibitive. I expanded my search and found this Hampton Inn which had a reasonable rate so I booked the room. What a great decision!

Besides being comfortable and clean, it's really in a great location. It was a short drive over to South Beach each morning, and since I seemed to be moving against traffic, it was much faster than I expected.

It was also within walking distance of a few restaurants so I didn't need to drive anywhere for dinner which is a big plus for me. I felt perfectly safe walking in the area.

Parking is free; however, the lot on the street level is a little tight on space. With a small rental car, it wasn't a big deal, but a larger vehicle might have some difficulty backing out. There are also spaces below the street level, but I never had to park down there.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the back side of the hotel which faced some apartments. It was perfectly quiet...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank MeetingPlanner_01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Davenport, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was the second time I have ever stayed at a Hampton Inn and let me tell you they are amazing. It just feels like an expensive hotel. They haven't forgotten anything. It definitely seems to cater to business people but we were on vacation and loved all the perks. This hotel has free parking which in Miami is a big plus. It is a nice long walk to the marina and shops at CocoWalk along residential streets...we had to keep crossing the streets because the sidewalks would disappear...but the neighborhood felt safe and is fairly well-lit. Also the Metrorail is right across the street so you can take that downtown and then switch to buses. The young man who checked us in at the front desk said that it would take two hours to get to South Beach on the bus but we went anyways and it was barely half an hour...saved money on parking and tons of stress from driving in that crazy traffic. There is also a free breakfast with eggs and sausage and hash browns and make-your-own waffles every day. A minor complaint would be that the hot tub only had one working jet so my husband and I took turns sitting in front of it :) If you have read any of my past reviews you will know this happens to me all the time that the hot tub doesn't work at the hotel so I must bring that bad luck with me. Another very small complaint would be the hallway noise...loud talking and doors banging...we didn't notice it on Saturday so this may be the early-business-traveler crowd on weekdays. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank backstagecheryl
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel was just perfect. The staff were really kindness . There were free parking, free wifi, amazing free breakfast and a wonderful snack on the afternoon .
The room were big enough and the the beds were really confortable.

Definilly , I would stay there again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ViajanteBrasilia1
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This hotel is in a pretty good location for the Coconut Grove area of Miami. You are a short drive from Versailles if you are interested in great Cuban food, a short drive from/to the airport and to Key Biscayne. There are a few good places to eat in the area, nothing fancy, but good. They only complaint would be that the pool is small, hard to find, and completely shaded.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lishane
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here 4 days while moving my freshman son into the U. If you're looking for a place to stay close to the school, and you're not looking for a resort hotel, this is the place. It's clean, easy to get around to places, and has very good free parking. Bathrooms were recently re-done, so they're very nice. We had a refrigerator and microwave too. Pool is small but functional, and they have a few tables to relax at out there too.

The only negative I saw was the front help desk. They always seemed to be more concerned about what was going on behind the counter, instead of in front of the counter. Luckily, I didn't need them after check in.

We realized at the end of the visit that it's very close to the Grove, a popular area with restaurants and bars.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ljayglover
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was a great little hotel in a very nice area. Only thing is it's not near the beach and it's a bit of a walk to the Coconut Walk shoipping area. aslo there is no shuttle service to/from the airport or Port of Miami.
The service was great and they had the regular Hampton Inn breakfast and each night, they had a nice appetizer mealk with beer or wine for guests as well. This was a great place to stay and very friendly. The Pollo restaurant across the street was great for a fast food restaurant. large grills with lots of caribbean/spanish foods.
We really enjoyed the place and thought it was great.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff. They'll help you right out.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank StogieTbg
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was spacious and clean. We really enjoyed the breakfast.
The location was within walking distance to restaurants which is perfect if you do not have a car. We will stay at this hotel the next time we are in Coconut Grove.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends