“Fine Service But Room Showing Its Age”

Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Ranked #25 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here recently for six nights. Front desk service was efficient and friendly. Staff was always accomodating. Breakfast was adequate--good selection but the prepared foods were mediocre-tasting. The dining area was recently renovated and now has modern furnishings, looking more like an upscale-cafe. Very nice. Sufficient parking and good amenities (which we did not use). The room was quiet and clean. But there were problems. The air conditioner did not properly dry the air, so there was always a humid feel in the room. And the cooled air from the A/C smelled musty. The circular metal plate surrounding the shower head pipe was detached from the wall. Furthermore the room decor (including the bathroom) was outdated. We would still stay here because the rates are good and the location is convenient, but the renovations should continue to update the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wonderwall88
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you!!!

we really appreciate your observations! I will share your comments with my entire team in this week's manager's meeting -
We hope that you continue to use the Hotel and you'll be pleasantly surprised on your next visit! We will continue to renovate the hotel and continue to provide excellent service and clean rooms!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and the kids wanted to see the fireworks downtown, but I didn't want to drive. I found this Hotel right next to the train. We just walked across the street and there was the Metrorail. It gets better...Dadeland Mall is right across the street too! We didn't have to drive anywhere. Great pool, free breakfast, cozy beds...what more can you want?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Doris G

Thank you!

You are right! the hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the metro rail and it could be a 15 minute ride towards downtown!
We love when you say that the beds are cozy!!! Cloud 9!
thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience
we will be looking forward to host your next visit to our hotel!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I loved this place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The drivers were personable and went out of their way. But my 84 year-old mother is wheelchair bound and needs a lift or ramp to board a vehicle. This hotel does not have a wheel chair van with a ramp or lift, so I had to spend additional money to get transportation. Otherwise, everything else was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Josephine J
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you!

We appreciate your review! Thank you for your high marks on customer service and cleanliness! we love that! I am so sorry to hear that we did not provide your 84 year old mother with the proper accommodations - You are right - We should have done better! I am disappointed because I was not alerted of this while you were here, I could have just called a VAN with the ramp and keep it here until your check out day - I am looking forward to seeing you in the future and we will never miss the opportunity to serve you just as you expect to be served -

Thank you for taking your time to write to us. I will share your feedback with the staff!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel is damp with a clammy feel and is not a comfortable place to try to sleep. It needs an air conditioning overhaul. Non smoking room smells of smoke. Service is good, but cannot be offset by the poor air quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We're so happy that we had the chance to serve you during your travels to our area. I'm so sorry to hear the air quality wasn't quite up to your expectations and I've asked our maintenance team to check our HVAC system and our housekeeping team is working addressing the unpleasant smoke smell. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you'll come back for a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our third stay at this hotel and our room once more lived up to the excellent standard set on prior visits. Facing the back side resulted in a super quiet room away from traffic and other external noise. We were very satisfied with our room as the a/c worked perfectly, the television was good quality, the room was very clean, and comfortable. The only factor knocking this down to a rating of "4" was the major renovation underway in the lobby. The front desk had been removed and check-in was at a temporary desk set amidst the renovations which made the process very slow and disorganized. As a result of the renovations, breakfast was offered in a very small conference room and guests were seated almost elbow to elbow. However, it is worth noting that this was in late May 2013 so the renovations should be complete by the time readers visit. I am confident the hotel will again earn a "5" from me whenever we return.

Room Tip: Request the back side away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you!

We really do value your feedback! Please accept our apologies for the temporary mess associated with the renovations of our lobby, We are humbled by your observation, and You are right! Renovations are NOW done! We want to invite you back , Same great friendly service, but in more modern sophisticated ambiance !!!
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review!
please come back soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location convenient to Miami airport, dadeland mall, south beach, etc!

Stayed here while searching for a summer rental in the Florida keys.

Hotel was under renovation or remodeling but it was peaceful, clean and quiet.

Breakfast in the mornings was great, food hot and plenty of options.

Hotel staff was wonderful and went out of their way to accommodate special requests.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank We_3_Clines
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you!!!

I am so very pleased that you are happy with our renovations and that you did not experience any inconvenience - this is great! I am so happy to read that you thought our staff are wonderful and the place is peaceful & clean , this is great!

I will share your comments with my team in this week's manager's meeting!

we hope that you can return once we've completed the renovations, we know you are going to love the final product!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I wish I had known this hotel was undergoing a remodel. I would have chosen another property. The air conditioning was shut off in the hallways. The carpet was being replaced in the lobby and first floor hallway. Nice work out room with free weights. I did not use the pool or business center. The internet worked great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Reviewer -

Thank you!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We really appreciate your feedback and please know we do value your business!

It's great that you thought that our newly upgraded Gym was to your liking! and that you tried the Hotel's complimentary wireless high speed internet access service and worked great - this is fantastic!

We apologize for the temporary “mess” associated with the renovation of our hotel’s lobby and breakfast area. We have attempted to minimize the inconveniences to our guests during this renovation and I apologize for the inconveniences to you. We believe you will be most impressed with our new lobby and breakfast area when you return!

I look forward to meeting you personally and shaking your hand during your next visit to our hotel. Please call me and I will personally make your reservation for you! We hope you will continue to utilize the outstanding accommodations at Hampton Inns to host your overnight visits!
Safe Travels!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Miami Marriott Dadeland
#70 of 124 in Miami

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!