“Quiet, older, but updated.”

Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
Ranked #63 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Quiet area, older building but updated.
It is located in a somewhat residential street in Coconut Grove.
Located across the street from the water & marina so you have The Chart House (upscale $$$) or Scotty's Landing ($ casual) available to eat within walking distance.
There is also a fancy "high price" supermarket across the street.
A casual 10 minute scenic walk to Coco Walk the outdoor pedestrian Mall and Movie theater for more food or entertainment options.
Consider checking hotel bill, for some reason the valet seem to double bill cars by accident...Oddly it has happened more than once to me and each time no apology has been offered by the front desk after it was presented for correction.

Room Tip: Ask fir room with water view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. We're working hard to ensure billing issues will be avoided and I'll pass along your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to your return to the Grove.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

As other reviewers have said this is a somewhat tired hotel building , not far from the waterfront and marina but it does not stand out among the crowd .. except .. the service I received from staff member Milvia to find and return to me in Europe some for the papers I had forgotten in my room after a 3 night stay there was amazing . Individuals who care about the customer really make a difference and she ' went the extra mile ' . Other staff were friendly and helpful also . The rooms could do with some attention however .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your positve feedback and for your comments regarding Milvia. I know she worked hard to coordinate that and I'll pass along the compliment. We look forward to seeing you in the Grove again!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Planning to meet up with my boyfriend in Miami after he finished a meeting that took place at the Courtyard Coconut Grove, I had no reason to look elsewhere to book the one-night that I needed since he was already there. I had a gut feeling to keep an eye on the prices though, and I was glad I did- 2 nights before check-in my AAA rate dropped $30, so I cancelled and re-booked under that rate utilizing their generous cancellation policy. Upon arrival, we realized there were plenty of open parking meters and since I arrived in the evening and had planned to leave around 9am, the meters were more cost effective than valet. It seemed like a pretty safe area so we didn't have any issue with the car being on the street. The area did turn out to be very nice, with an open park across the street that looked out into the bay and the marina. It seemed to be a family/pet friendly area and we enjoyed walking around a bit. When I checked-in, the staff was very courteous and I overheard them helping someone in front of me who did not have a reservation- and they immediately were able to find him a room. They held my boyfriend's luggage at the front desk all day before I was able to check into the new room, and because he had already been there for 3 nights, I was pre-warned about the slow elevators (as can be noted from many other reviews). If you're on a schedule, I understand why that is frustrating- luckily I wasn't. Our room was nice, it was clean and had everything we expected- although it was on the small side. Some rooms offer balconies, ours did not, and we were on a high floor as well. I wasn't there long enough to really take advantage of what the hotel offered, but I was incredibly excited to see Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom! I called the front desk to ask if it would be possible to get more and they offered to bring it up- but since we were leaving for dinner, I swung by the desk on our way back... tea tree lotion! The only surprise that I had was that there wasn't a vent or fan in the bathroom to turn on while the shower was on. For the purposes of this trip, staying longer in Coconut Grove didn't make sense, but if I find myself in that area again- I'd have no reason not to return or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you so much for the review. We do our best to ensure each stay is a great experience and I'm glad you enjoyed your time in The Grove.

Also, thank you for the great feedback on the Staff. We're proud of the effort we give to take care of each guest and I'm glad your experience was so positive.

Regarding the elevators, I'm happy to report that all three will be replaced this year. It's a large project but we're looking forward to it.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the Grove

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights and was really surprised by so many bad experiences : location is quite bad as it is far from everything and getting a taxi is a problem (waiting time up to 30 minutes). The elevators are completely out of their mind : you have to wait long time before getting one and when you finally have one, it decides to go up instead of going down as requested.
Breakfast is at "The Bistro" that is not more than a Starbucks coffee : 12 USD for a capuccino, a bottled orange juice and a yoghurt..... But I have to say that the staff is very nice but they really struggle to make you feel fine in this environment. Sure that I will not stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Fraparis

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry your experience was what you expected. And I do appreciate your positive feedback on the hotel staff. They are working hard to ensure your experience is a great one.

Regarding the Bistro, in fact it does offer a full range of food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, ranging from eggs cooked to order with home fries, bacon and toast and a variety of breakfast sandwich options, to a variety of sandwiches, ribs, delicious salads and my favorites, the flatbreads. I'll share the feedback with my staff so that we all do a better job of updating our guests on their dining options at the Bistro.

Also, I understand that we are not "beach-adjacent", however, we are proud to be located in the Heart of Coconut Grove, a lovely area with may options for dining and entertainment.

I hope you do give us another chance to improve on your first experience.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

There is a small open air mall not to far from the hotel there is food and shopping. Across the street near the marina there is food and there is a nice park across the street the location is very nice. The cafe on the first floor serves nice food and a large variety. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will ensure I share it with the the staff. Here at the Courtyard Coconut Grove we strive to ensure each guest has an outstanding experience.

We hope you had a great visit and come back to visit us in the Grove soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is located in a somewhat residential section of Coconut Grove. I stayed in a room on the 14th floor facing the rear of the hotel. The overall footprint of the building is small, but I did not hear one bit of noise.

I was upgraded to a double suite and the room was quite large. The bathroom, however, was not. There was one small sink with virtually not counter space. Other than that, the room was fine - I did not spend much time there.

The staff was very professional and friendly. Like many hotels in Miami, there is only valet parking and that can get expensive at $24 per day.

I chose this location because it was practically half the cost of hotels in South Beach, but still within a short drive. Also, the Coco Walk shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the experience. I'll also share the feedback with my staff, as they take great pride in delivering an excellent experience and I'm happy you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nice hotel, bay view rooms are very nice. Due to the design of the hotel some rooms are quite small, ask for a larger one.

Excellent location for access to marinas and waterfront restaurants. Close to parks and a nice jogging trail. Friendly staff, especially the hardworking valet staff.

I didn't like the limited hours of the cafe. Both times I stopped by for a meal (late morning, early afternoon) the "kitchen closed" sign was out. Perhaps there is a business reason for maintaining limited kitchen hours, but then the hotel isn't " full service" during those hours.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Good Afternoon:

Thank you for your recent feedback. We appreciate your compliment to our staff and we agree, we're in a great location!

I have also shared your feedback regarding hours for Bistro service. We do shut down to reset for the next meal period and then in the afternoon from 1pm-5pm, however, the next time you're hear, feel free to ask at the Front Desk. Often we can get you coffee and other beverages and sometimes even whip up a food.