“Lovely stay at the Marriott”

Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
Ranked #61 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Sunrise, Florida, United States
“Lovely stay at the Marriott”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a lovely overnight stay at the Courtyard Marriott this April. Needed a nice place to stay as we were in Coconut Grove for a wedding. The Marriott was ideally located in the Grove and the price was right for the higher end of comfort we sought. They were able to accommodate our request for the earlier check-in we needed to change clothes and get to the wedding on time. Check-in and check-out was quick and professional. Our room was bright, clean and well-appointed. The bathroom was nice and clean with plenty of room for my stuff. In the morning I called down to the front desk for additional bath towels as we had showered the night before. The towels were brought up right away. They only have valet parking, which we used at night, but found a free street spot right out front for when we checked in and just stayed long enough to change for the wedding. Our over all experience was very pleasant with no problems. I enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay, we take all our feedback in to consideration as we strive for the best customer satisfaction.

We hope to see you back real soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Vacaville, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great Location....hotel is a remodeled Doubletree hotel. I had a King Bed room and it was small...Bathroom was small...shower was very tiny. Almost cruise ship tiny. You are going to pay for Valet service...you do not have a choice to self park...at 25.00 a day. Across the street from the Marina and Fresh Market and great grocery store. Walking distance to Coconut Grove. The pool area is probably the best part of the property. There is a Marriott Residence Inn 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: The King bed room might be small...check to see if you can see the room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments serious and strive to improve from them. If I may, there is self parking that can be used either along the street of the hotel or across the street in the municipal parking lot.

Thanks again
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, accessible to the University of Miami and the Coconut Grove area, as well as an easy drive to downtown. The facility has a contemporary feeling, is clean, and provides a market and Cafe for simple, fresh food. The staff were a "mixed bag", some very helpful and accommodating, others not. Our room was a strange configuration, and would have felt much more spacious if the layout had been better, especially the extremely small bathroom. We were also disappointed that their computer was unable to print our boarding passes (it didn't have adequate software for a PDF from Jet Blue Airlines), and the desk staff weren't able to help (there is no concierge).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I will share your comments with our team and ensure we address your concern mentioning the inconsistency in service.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a standard King room. It was quite small, like what you would expect is a downtown area or New York City. Staff was very friendly, I didnt have a problem parking on the street at night and the hotel is in a safe area. The pool is nice and could be a fun place to hang out.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we're happy you enjoyed your stay. Our rooms do come in different shapes and sizes.
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this new and modern hotel. The lobby/main floor had comfy general seating in several different, well decorated areas, big screen TVs, an area with a bank of computers you could use, a little store with food, drink and misc supplies, and a cafe/bar with normal seating but also several private booths, each with a smaller TV in them. There was an attractive, not your run of the mill, outdoor pool with nice lounge chairs, each with a beach towel rolled up and placed on the chair which was a nice touch. One side of the pool had cabanas. The pool is close to the road so some traffic noise but nothing awful.

The front desk staff were courteous and knowledgable about things to do and places to eat.

My room was decently sized and well furnished. There's a coffee maker, hair dryer, flat screen tv, free wifi, and lots of outlets. There were a few spots of water damage on the door and dresser top, but nothing I wouldn't live with in my own home. I will mention that the door to bathroom was only 24" wide so if you have mobility issues that could be an issue. The shower was an unusual layout, almost like another little room off the bathroom and no curtain (I stayed at 3 hotels in 4 nights in the Miami area and not one of them had a shower curtain - THIS one I didn't flood) The waste baskets had separate halves for trash vs. recycling, which I appreciated. The only real compliant I had was when people in other rooms showered it was unbelievably loud in my room. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat, but I'd bring earplugs.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank barbc1111
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay!
Key West
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am not disappointed in the hotel room per se.
It's the company's management I have a problem with. To rise prices because we are in spring break is common sense.
It becomes corporate greed though, when room rates almost triple.
I had to go to Miami for an emergency procedure and found most hotels in the vicinity of the clinic either booked or left with their most expensive rooms. The only one who had prices I could even afford was the Marriott.
At least, I hoped, I would have a grand stay...wrong! The hotel has no restaurant and no room service. The room had no bath tub - just a 3" x 3" shower, no mini bar, no safe and was just big enough for a King size bed, no more. The thermostat could not be set to temperature, just on and off.
I had to pay $399.00 per night for this room. I my opinion a price almost three times the normal price.
It goes without saying that I got caught once at a Marriott but never again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback,
I apologize if the staff did not mention upon check-in. We have a Bistro restaurant directly off the lobby area with a full bar overlooking the pool; we offer a 24 hour market with fresh salads, sandwiches, sweat and salty snacks along with beverages. I will meet with our team to ensure they are pointing all these amenities out upon check-in; all are located directly off the lobby area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 3/3-3/5/13. Front desk staff very nice, gave us a room on the 11th floor with a beautiful view of downtown and the bay. Had a great balcony. Room very clean, spacious and had a small refrigerator. The front desk clerk(Javier) made a reservation for us at the Chart House restaurant across the street and surprised us with a complimentary dessert! The valet staff was very nice as well. Would definitely stay there again when I am in Miami. The price was very good too considering how expensive Coconut Grove/Coral Gable can be.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank frannie53
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback, I will be sure to recognize Javier in front of his peers.

We look forward to having the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future

Best