ME: Have higher status and more frequently stay at Hilton. Have Silver Status with Marriott and stayed here as part of a business meeting where I did not choose the location. I grabbed a SuperShuttle easily from the airport and was dropped off out front in less than 20 minutes.
- Lobby is stylish and modern
- Bed/ pillows were comfortable
- Hot shower available every day with good water pressure
- Nice large flat screen HDTV
- In room coffeemaker
- Free Wifi in the property that is pretty fast
- Nice Whole Foods type grocery store across the street
- No mention or acknowledgement of my (yes, I know lowest level) Silver Status
- No newspapers delivered to room
- No delivery of bill to room
- SMALLEST domestic room I have ever stayed in. My pictures will be attached and literally I had to stand on top of stuff to not be IN the pictures.
- LOUDEST air conditioner I have experienced in some time. It was cold, so that is valuable but it seriously sounded like a commercial air compressor. I had to turn it off every night or I could not sleep, so it got a little warm at night.
- Thin Walls, so I heard loud plumbing noises anytime my neighbors used the restroom/ sink / shower.
- Shower drained VERY slow, so I was standing in a lake by the time I was finished
- No lights for entering the room. I suppose this is common for older hotels, but it is really irritating to have to fumble around in the dark trying to get all the way across the room and stick my hand into some lamp before getting light.
- Inconsistent toiletry / beauty products. On my first day, I had soap and shampoo only. On the second day, I received conditioner, and on the third day, I also received lotion. I guess maybe this was a game for those who like surprises?
- Finally, kind of a weak location. I spent 4 days in Florida (for business, granted) and never saw the water. My room faced a giant concrete building and none of my views saw the water...even my walking to restaurants (15 minutes away) didn't pass water. Even if you happen to get a water facing room, it looks at the bay and not a beach.
Bottom line - I would look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Break away from business as usual! Introducing the Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove hotel, where the views are spectacular and location perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsforEveryone, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Coconut Grove
- Doubletree Miami Beach
- Miami Doubletree