New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
Ranked #59 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Dallas, Texas
“Not Sure Why You Would Stay Here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

ME: Have higher status and more frequently stay at Hilton. Have Silver Status with Marriott and stayed here as part of a business meeting where I did not choose the location. I grabbed a SuperShuttle easily from the airport and was dropped off out front in less than 20 minutes.

Good
- Lobby is stylish and modern
- Bed/ pillows were comfortable
- Hot shower available every day with good water pressure
- Nice large flat screen HDTV
- In room coffeemaker
- Free Wifi in the property that is pretty fast
- Nice Whole Foods type grocery store across the street

Be Aware
- No mention or acknowledgement of my (yes, I know lowest level) Silver Status
- No newspapers delivered to room
- No delivery of bill to room
- SMALLEST domestic room I have ever stayed in. My pictures will be attached and literally I had to stand on top of stuff to not be IN the pictures.
- LOUDEST air conditioner I have experienced in some time. It was cold, so that is valuable but it seriously sounded like a commercial air compressor. I had to turn it off every night or I could not sleep, so it got a little warm at night.
- Thin Walls, so I heard loud plumbing noises anytime my neighbors used the restroom/ sink / shower.
- Shower drained VERY slow, so I was standing in a lake by the time I was finished
- No lights for entering the room. I suppose this is common for older hotels, but it is really irritating to have to fumble around in the dark trying to get all the way across the room and stick my hand into some lamp before getting light.
- Inconsistent toiletry / beauty products. On my first day, I had soap and shampoo only. On the second day, I received conditioner, and on the third day, I also received lotion. I guess maybe this was a game for those who like surprises?
- Finally, kind of a weak location. I spent 4 days in Florida (for business, granted) and never saw the water. My room faced a giant concrete building and none of my views saw the water...even my walking to restaurants (15 minutes away) didn't pass water. Even if you happen to get a water facing room, it looks at the bay and not a beach.

Bottom line - I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank usflyer
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we take all our guest comments seriously.
We're glad we were able to upgrade you and you enjoyed a clean quiet room, your other concerns will be reviewed with our team to ensure we deliver the best stay possible

Thanks again for your feedback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel often for business. This was my first trip to Miami and I stayed at this hotel due to the safe area and availability. My stay lasted from Monday to Friday. I arrived to a full hotel with the average age around 20. Apparently it was winter training for many college sports teams - not what a business traveler wants to see. The front staff over the course of the week were not warm - no Marriott charm. I asked for a refrigerator many times and never saw one. The fitness center was not great - one of the three treadmills had a working TV. The Bistro is the same as all other Courtyards- good news. The rooms are very quirky. The parking prices are outrageous.

On a positive note, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My room was quiet as I fought hard for the coveted platinum top floor.

Let's just say I'll try the other Marriott brands in Miami.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks again for your feedback
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel is very nice and is well located on Bayshore in Coconut Grove. The amenities are quite good and the rooms are very comfortable. All that said, what really makes this place is the staff. Some friends and I stayed for a number of days and throughout our stay we had a number of requests. The staff was incredibly accommodating, handling all of our requests with the utmost courtesy. Whenever we needed something, the staff was all over in short order. Miguel and Milvia, in particular, were extremely helpful. All around it was a great stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Thank you for your comments and feedback, we’re happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality

Best
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Me and my husband spent in this hotel only one night. We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest option in Coconut Grove. The rest of the hotels are incredibly expensive. Courtyard is also not cheap but the cheapest in this area. Room is nice, bed is very comfortable, bathroom is also nice. Internet is for free however there is only valet parking available which costs £25 per day ( a lot!!!). So if you have a car be aware of this additional cost. Hotel is located in a nice area within a 10min.walking distance from Coconut Grove Shopping Centre where are located restaurants, cafes and shops.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Agusia01
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we're happy you enjoyed your stay; there is however meter parking for $1 an hour that's free from 10pm to 10am.

I will ensure our parking attendants offer this to all our guests

Best,
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I spent the better part of last summer staying here for work and I have to give this hotel it's due credit! The hotel was undergoing renovations during my stay but the lobby and rooms were modern and clean.

Large modern outdoor pool
Nice fitness room
Great staff
Good housekeeping
Starbucks cafe & small restaurant / bar in lobby
Complimentary computers and printing in the lobby
Well stocked convenience shop in the lobby
Nearby to excellent shopping and restaurants
Adjacent to "Fresh Market" (similar to Whole Foods) with tons of prepared foods, etc.

The staff was great for:
- going out of their way to put the complimentary coffee out extra early for me
- providing me with a mini-fridge in the rooms that weren't equipped with one so that I could keep groceries
- prompt valet every morning at 5:30

This place was great for business and for pleasure!! The conveniences made all the difference during the 2.5 months I stayed there!! I can't imagine I would have been as comfortable anywhere else!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback, we're happy you enjoy your stay with us and look forward to your return

All the Best !!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful nights stay, just like being at home with my comfy pillow & bed.... The bed are some of the best. Having back issues, the beds are top rated. We had a corner room, not only was it perfectly quiet & large, our balcony was supreme!! Over all stay was grand. No problem staying again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are happy you enjoyed your stay, we have recently replaced our mattresses with new pillow top mattresses and we're happy to hear you enjoyed them.

We hope you can back soon.
Helena, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Many people think that the Grove is on the beach. It is on the Bay and there is no beach, but the Grove is a fantastic place for dining, shopping and general people watching. Stay here if you have business in the area, but not if you're looking for beach holiday. The staff is wonderful; there is a small bar for after work drinks, but no restaurant to speak of. I did not see the pool nor the fitness area, but I hear they are very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments; we're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer a Bistro restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it's adjacent to the pool. Our pool is a resort size heated infinity pool on the main level with semi private cabanas and a covered patio along with loungers and umbrella tables.

We hope you can come back and enjoy all the amenities our hotel offers.