I was originally really excited that Courtyard moved into the property in Coconut Grove. However, after our stay in March I won't be returning.
1) Front desk staff was not nice (not typical for a Marriott property, usually Courtyard staffs are really friendly)
2) "Bay view" is nonexistent until at least 10th floor... We were on 6 and were blocked by marina
3) We stayed with points; for number of points per night should have just stayed at Residence Inn (which is in heart of Cocowalk area). Would have gone in knowing there wasn't a view but at least gotten free breakfast out of it AND spent significantly less points per night.
4) The front desk made some comment that the higher floor rooms were reserved for paying customers, not those on points. I call BS on that because if we are using points that means we are loyal to the brand. Do not screw us because we are using points at the property.
I am a regular Marriott customer and was sorely disappointed by this property. Next time my husband and I visit Coconut Grove, we will either stay at the other Marriott properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Break away from business as usual! Introducing the Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove hotel, where the views are spectacular and location perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Coconut Grove
- Doubletree Miami Beach
- Miami Doubletree