“Group Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Hall - CLOSED

City Hall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: Steven Haas' new restaurant in Miami. Wow! The food was terrific. Each person in our party of 4 had a dish better than the next. I'd love to share the news!!!
Vancouver, Canada
“Group Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We brought a group of 35 to the City Hall restaurant and used the loft area. They were ready for us and the food was not only great (we preselected a few menu items and all were very good) but timely. The service was terrific and so was the service. The upstairs space worked well for our group although we needed to pay a small deposit for the exclusive use of it. It was a short easy walk from the Marriott / Hilton / Four Points hotels.

• Visited November 2013

Miami Shores, Florida, United States
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Really nothing special. They smothered everything with a tasteless gravy. The brocoli tasted like propane. The waiter was missing teeth. Just not ideal for a foodie. May be for a drink. Nice atmosphere

• Visited October 2013
Maitland
“Good food...uneven service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday night. We were rushed to get our order in because the kitchen was closing. I think we sat down about 9:30pm. The restaurant decor is very hip. A very nice atmosphere. Food was good and I will go back to try more menu items. Our server while he was pleasant and friendly...we had to keep hunting him down. Overall happy with the dinner...it's a little pricey so service should be improved. Not yo mention there was only one other couple in the place so there was no reason for the slow service. I will try it again.

Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“Slow Service and Some Bombs on the Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went with my husband and friends on Saturday night and we all ate from the Miami Spice menu. The restaurant was only about 40 to 50% full downstairs (never went upstairs). Despite the emptiness of the restaurant, our server was SLOW, and he seemed a little clueless about the menu and wine pairing advertised. The martini menu was creative, and offered several non-vodka options that were good. Watch out for the Special Master, it is actually quite spicy.

We all ate from the Miami Spice menu, and I got to taste most of what was ordered. Overall, most of the food was very good, with the exception of (of course) my "pan seared mahi." It was supposed to be pan-seared, but what I got was a dry, tough piece of unappetizing fish that I couldn't finish. Hy hubby's "famous fried chicken" was outstanding: crispy, moist meat and not greasy. My baked eggplant appetizer was also delicious, as was the corn chowder and the chocolate-chip croissant bread pudding. The ho-hum marscapone carrot cake was nothing to write home about. The title sounded more appetizing than it actually was. While I would go back, I would definitely stay away from the fish (inedible) and carrot cake (not worth the calories).

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great food, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner. The churrasco was fantastic - no chimichurri needed. The bread pudding was out of this world too. Our server was very attentive, and overall the experience was very good.

• Visited September 2013