I have stayed at Marriott timeshares all over the country. This one looked like a typical newly renovated timeshare, but I definitely had a few disappointing things happen.
1. There was construction at a neighboring property that woke us up everyday at 7am. Very loud trucks with backup beeping noises and banging of typical building construction. This was also very loud at the pool at the timeshare and could be seen from room and the pool. When we checked in, we were told we were far from the construction and that it shouldn't bother us at all.
2. We were given a handicapped room that we did not ask for. This make for a less than desirable layout. The bathroom was way too big and this took space away from the master bedroom. I think it was the reason that we had a washer/dryer that was one in the same. A converter. The problem is you could not do 2 loads at the same time and the dryer took more than 2 cycles to dry clothes (at least 2 hours).
3. The air conditioning did not circulate evenly throughout the unit. The master bedroom did not seem to get enough air.
4. The bed configuration in the second bedroom was not typical. There was one queen bed and a sofa bed. We just came from Beachplace in Ft. Lauderdale that had a king bed along with a plush nice queen sofa bed. When we opened up the sofa bed at the Villas at the Doral, we could barely walk around the bed to get to the bathroom or queen bed.
5. The biggest disappointment was that we were only allowed to use one pool and half of it's seating at The Trump Doral. I called before making my reservation and spoke to both the people at Marriott and at The Trump Doral and was told we would have full access to the Trump Doral property. That was why we chose this property. Upon check in I was told that 2 of the 3 pools at The Trump Doral were closed for a private group for more than a week. FYI- for future people booking, this private group has been coming to the Trump Doral for around 6 years. Don't be surprised to find this happens again during future spring breaks/Passover. If you want to research it, the group is part of Eden Tours. The pool that we were allowed to use was beautiful. The setting was just gorgeous and the lounge chairs were extremely comfortable. Though my kids were disappointed not to be able to use the pool with the water slide. They felt even worse about the situation, because when they peaked into the pool area that had the slides, there was not a single person there most of the time.
I also felt that the food/drinks at the restaurant at the Trump Doral pool were not up to the standard that I would expect from this kind of resort. I had a fizzy Bloody Mary one day and a Watermelon Margarita that was so salty and tart that I had to send back. (The waitress later came over and told me she tried the drink and agreed it was terrible. She said the bartender was new.) The 3 tvs at the pool bar did not work at all during our 1/2 week at the property. My salad was drenched in dressing and the food in general was nothing special.
The new BLT steak restaurant at the Trump Doral was excellent. Fabulous service, view and food. If you stay at the Marriott, I highly recommend having dinner there one night. You can't beat the ease of getting there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Villas at Doral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Villas At Doral Hotel Miami
- Marriotts At Doral
- Marriotts Hotel At Doral
- Marriott Miami
- Miami Marriott