“An excellent option near Miami airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Airport

Courtyard Miami Airport
Ranked #32 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Montreal, Canada
“An excellent option near Miami airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Travelled with husband and two kids, we stayed for a night due to our flight schedule after our vacation and had a very good experience.

We selected this hotel after having been disappointed by the Miami Airport Marriott .

Rooms were super clean, queen beds are comfortable, friendly staff and tenth floor is very quiet.

The airport shuttle is free and runs every fifteen minutes. There is no breakfast included but we had an early flight so it didn't bother us.

I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank JacFlores
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review, and i'm glad to here that you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely beautiful! It looks and smells clean. Because of the distance to and from the airport, it's a little pricey. The free shuttle service and free wifi are just added bonuses to offset the cost. The one reason I didn't give this place a 5 is because of the rudeness of one of the front desk girl whose name starts with a "J". She was so unprofessional she made a terrible first impression for the hotel. Her demeanor caught me off guard so much that I had to ask her how long she's been with the company. Once she informed she has only been working here for a month, it kind of made sense as to why she was so rude. She didn't have the seasoned charm and politeness the other staff members had. However, "J" should still know better because of the standard the Marriott carries when it comes to customer service. I would recommend she gets more training in customer service or change her attitude because it's not necessary. Overall, I am enjoying my stay and will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Iambarbaraj
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your review. I have shared your feedback with my team, and we will definitely improve the service that all of our associates give. We look forward to welcoming you back to experience our refreshing service.
Riverdale, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had a very good experience, super clean and friendly staff. No breakfast but there are plenty of small restaurants around the area. Everything is great about this hotel!! I recommend staying at this hotel.

Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Since 2000 we have visited Courtyard Airport Hotel Miami and it always feels like a home away from home.

Reliable shuttle from the airport MIA, fast checking in and good service. This time Samatha from de front office was our star of THE stay. Why? She just gave us the Quick and Good service we expected.

Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty, we are so happy to hear that you consider us your home away from home. Samantha is a great asset to our team, and she exemplifies the service we strive to provide all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back.
hants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We arrived as a party of 20 family members as a stop over before going on to our holiday home, the hotel was friendly efficient and reasonable money wise. I was up at 5am due to jet lag so I came down to the lobby so as to not wake anyone, Starbucks was open and it was a hive of activity, the banter between the staff was funny and friendly, especially the front the guy on welcoming desk who although had just done a long shift was so nice and chatty. The hotel was clean and I would recommend it highly.

Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your review. I understand how stressful it can be to travel as a large party. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us. Having a Starbucks on our property that is open at 5am can be a lifesaver. We look forward to welcoming you back.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am always looking for savings when booking a hotel, but this time I decided to splurge a little and booked a night at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport on July 13th. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very efficient (less than 10 minutes). The hotel is located in a nice area, just next to its sister hotel Marriott. There is a great restaurant just one block from the hotel, a Cuban place called Sabor Latino which serves great food for a decent price. The Courtyard also has a restaurant on site that is open until 11:00 PM. The rooms at the Courtyard are big, and the beds very comfortable. I slept all night with no interruption whatsoever from slamming doors and noisy guests. Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little more (106 bucks with tax included in my case) and have a relaxing and peaceful night at a hotel, specially if you traveling overseas next day.

Room Tip: Good rooms are in the higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for hoosing to stay with us, and thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, next time you will be able to visit our restaurant, Champions. We are adding new items to our menu, including some local flavor. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami.
Long Beach, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Obviously the reviews are quite mixed on this hotel and with mine coming in at 4 stars, I'll make sure to delve into the good, bad, and great.

We didn't plan on staying here but after the world cup final, the decision was made to stay in Miami for two days to catch up with friends.

Having booked through an express deal, we were never told up front in any disclosure that there was a parking fee, being that this was a Courtyard Brand it was a rather shocking find. (Bad)

After checking in and asking for the manager's name so I could take up the parking issue with them the next day, we found that the wifi was inoperable. The wifi actually didn't work at all while we were there, although this wasn't confirmed until the evening before checkout. (Bad)

I wrote a handwritten letter for the manager and handed it directly to her prior to heading out on my second day at the hotel, with a specific request for her to contact me to discuss the issues above, I never heard back from her. (Bad)

(Get ready for really, really BAD) A phone call did come to me from the front desk however, this one stating that a woman who was trying to get into my room and they wouldn't let her since the key card was not working and she wasn't one the registration. Who was this lady? Oh, my wife, that's who. The one who shares my last name, had all her stuff in the room, had our son with us and has a driver's license address that matches mine. (BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD)

With my complaints over, here goes the better stuff.

Good Things: Very clean "campus" of three hotels. A room that was spotless and up to date. A sparkling pool. A very, very well equipped 24 hour gym!!! Multiple food options on location and within walking distance. A shuttle that always seemed to be running, and close proximity to several main roads.

Great: An employee by the name of Robert V. showed what a true leader in the hospitality field is all about. Well spoken and a great listener. He made us remember what makes the Marriott brand one of the leaders in the hotel field. Often times in Miami, you find service industry workers ready to dismiss the complaints of patrons due to the knowledge that so many visitors are from out of the country, but Robert was cut from a different cloth. Although he does hold a position of responsibility at the Courtyard Miami, Marriott should think about promoting him into a higher level of overall corporate leadership. His taking 10 minutes to discuss our concerns single handily raised this review from a 2 to a 4.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
      Cleanliness
1 Thank MichaelJC
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am extremely sorry to hear that so many things went wrong during your stay. I have shared your review with our team and we are addressing your concerns immediately. I am happy to hear about your experience with Robert. He is one of our star associates and a tremendous asset to our team. I hope that you will stay with us during a future visit to Miami and give as an opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.