Obviously the reviews are quite mixed on this hotel and with mine coming in at 4 stars, I'll make sure to delve into the good, bad, and great.
We didn't plan on staying here but after the world cup final, the decision was made to stay in Miami for two days to catch up with friends.
Having booked through an express deal, we were never told up front in any disclosure that there was a parking fee, being that this was a Courtyard Brand it was a rather shocking find. (Bad)
After checking in and asking for the manager's name so I could take up the parking issue with them the next day, we found that the wifi was inoperable. The wifi actually didn't work at all while we were there, although this wasn't confirmed until the evening before checkout. (Bad)
I wrote a handwritten letter for the manager and handed it directly to her prior to heading out on my second day at the hotel, with a specific request for her to contact me to discuss the issues above, I never heard back from her. (Bad)
(Get ready for really, really BAD) A phone call did come to me from the front desk however, this one stating that a woman who was trying to get into my room and they wouldn't let her since the key card was not working and she wasn't one the registration. Who was this lady? Oh, my wife, that's who. The one who shares my last name, had all her stuff in the room, had our son with us and has a driver's license address that matches mine. (BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD)
With my complaints over, here goes the better stuff.
Good Things: Very clean "campus" of three hotels. A room that was spotless and up to date. A sparkling pool. A very, very well equipped 24 hour gym!!! Multiple food options on location and within walking distance. A shuttle that always seemed to be running, and close proximity to several main roads.
Great: An employee by the name of Robert V. showed what a true leader in the hospitality field is all about. Well spoken and a great listener. He made us remember what makes the Marriott brand one of the leaders in the hotel field. Often times in Miami, you find service industry workers ready to dismiss the complaints of patrons due to the knowledge that so many visitors are from out of the country, but Robert was cut from a different cloth. Although he does hold a position of responsibility at the Courtyard Miami, Marriott should think about promoting him into a higher level of overall corporate leadership. His taking 10 minutes to discuss our concerns single handily raised this review from a 2 to a 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this newly transformed, sleek Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport South. Settle into the newly renovated guest rooms at this warm, welcoming Miami international airport hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Miami Airport South Hotel Miami
- Courtyard Miami Airport South
- Miami Courtyard
- Miami Marriott