“Busy practical hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport
Ranked #36 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Good size rooms, comfortable beds, good showers and Wi Fi connection. Good helpful staff in this busy hotel. My only disappointment was the poor quality and expensive breakfast buffet in the Sports Bar.... best avoided.
Ideal stopover hotel that is well located for the airport, Dolphin mall and Cruise port all of which we needed.
Don't forget the courtesy airport bus.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you were not impressed with our breakfast buffet. I have shared your feedback with my team, and we are working on improvements to improve the value and experience. I hope that you will visit us again during your next stay in Miami.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Finally, a hotel with a working wifi system. Welcome to the 21st century. The rooms are nice and the location is convenient (if you have Sunpass). The staff was very helpful in answering any of our questions. Too bad you have to pay for parking (17 per night). Some towels were missing upon arrival, but only the first day.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Providing a strong WiFi network for our guests is very important to us, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to access our netowrk easily. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We chose a hotel for a layover that was convenient to the airport. The hotel was comfortable and quieter than I expected. Staff was helpful. Rooms were spacious and accommodating with free wifi, coffee makers and a good TV.
The restaurant is fine as a sports bar, but not the best bet for relaxing fine dining. If that's your preference, there are others within walking distance, including other Marriott properties.
The hotel does provide a free airport shuttle, but watch the start times. We needed a cab for an early morning flight because the service started later... and we did need the extra time for an American Airlines international check-in!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you had enjoyable stay and that our shuttle made your stay more convenient. I hope that you will visit us again during your next to Miami.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We've stayed at a couple of the hotels in this Marriott complex. The Courtyard was just okay. Clean enough, comfortable enough, but absolutely no amenities of any consequence. If you just need t room to spend the night between flights, this place will do, but if you are looking to stay longer, find something else. The best part? the airport shuttle starts at the Courtyard before then proceeding to the Marriott, Fairfield and Residence Inn, and at 7:00 in the a.m. the shuttle is jammed!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. Our airport shuttle is a great feature for our guests, especially because they rotate automatically every 15 minutes. We look forward to welcoming you back for another quick layover. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

When I walked into the lobby, it looked nice and I was greeted nicely by the staff. The room looked nice too but then I began to look around. The bathroom had no amenities except soap and shampoo, not even face cloths. The room had no safe and no refrigerator. The mattress was excessively soft. The free internet constantly disconnected and had to be restarted.

The next morning I went down for breakfast and after one look at what was available, I walked out and ate elsewhere. I came back to the room around 3PM and found it had not been made up. When I talked to the staff about this, all I got was excuses, not even an apology. It took another half hour before anyone showed up to make up the room.

I have stayed at many Courtyard Hotels before but this one was a disappointment, probably the most unsatisfactory one I have been at.

2  Thank Khajorn

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with my teams so that we can improve and ensure that a similar experience does not happen in the future. In addition, we are currently exploring new offerings for our buffet. I hope that you will consider visiting us again for a drastically improved experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Hey, it's a Marriott, you're at an airport, and they do things right. Front desk staff were helpful, courteous, and offered fresh cookies at check-in. Rooms were clean, spacious with a current-look design. Though, I do wish hotels would put two luggage racks in rooms that are clearly meant for at least two people. Be careful with the breakfast buffet - which is excellent. We had a 6:50 am shuttle to the airport so popped into the buffet when it opened at 6:30. Grabbed some eggs / bacon / coffee and were prepared to dash and were presented with a $30 bill (for two). Had assumed it was included in the room rate, but not so.

Room Tip: This is part of a Marriott campus, so be sure you know which of their properties you are checking i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and were able to eat at our buffet. For your next stay, please look into our package rates that include breakfast. We look forward to welcoming your back during your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our second visit to this hotel, without any annoying issues this time. Nevertheless, the front desk staff is somewhat inconsistent on their attitudes, ranging from an open smile to a frowning face.
Rooms are basic, but with the necessary comfort for a stopover, allowing a good night sleep. There are complimentary in-room wifi, airport shuttle and morning coffee at the lobby.
Good value booked on advance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. While I'm glad to hear you did not have any issues, i'm sorry that you did not recieve a warm, genuine smile from every associate. It is our goal to create a warm and inviting atmosphere for all our guests. I have shared your feedback with my team to help them improve. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport.