“Great Place to stay before Cruise!”

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night the night before our cruise was to leave the port in Miami. It was myself along with my husband, our 15 yr old son, and our 4 yr old daughter. There was another couple that also stayed at this Marriott with us before our cruise who was going on the cruise with us. When we arrived we knew that there were like 3 different hotels on this property so when we arrived at the booth to get our parking ticket we just asked which way to go. We went straight to our hotel. We went in and there were people everywhere! Very crowded at around 3pm, check in time but we were welcomed right in and they took care of us! We got our room key and was told where our room was which was room #4735, and was told where the elevator was located and how to get there. We unloaded our luggage from our vehicle and went to our room. Our room was very nice and smelled very clean! Our view was looking down at a pool and toward the airport. We never once heard an airplane! Very solid walls!! We went out and explored the area of Miami for the rest of the day and we came back to the hotel and met with the other couple and we all ate at the on-site property restaurant, Champions Sports Bar. It was very good food and the service was great! We all slept really good, the mattresses were comfy and so were the pillows! The next morning we all got ready to check out and we couldn't find a cart to load our luggage on (and we had a lot of luggage) so we had to lug our luggage in 2 trips back to our vehicle (this was the only bad part). But besides that Yes! This was a Great place to stay and Yes! I would for sure book here again! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank joanie30735
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your pre-cruise stay. Our hotel gets very busy at times, but I'm glad to hear that you were well taken care of. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed at a much less "prestigious" hotel prior to this one and had a much better experience. They do not offer breakfast, which I think should be a standard hotel courtesy. There was no fridge or microwave in the room, so when we went to eat dinner and brought back our leftovers for a midnight snack later, we ended up having to throw everything away. There is a microwave down in the lobby, but I do not like having to share a microwave with an entire hotel. The free shampoo and conditioner is barely enough for one person. The service was great, but everything was expensive.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hilaryee

Thank you for your review of our hotel. While Courtyard by Marriott does not offer breakfast with all of rates, there are packages available that do include breakfast and they might be a better option for your next stay. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a refrigerator for your room. We do have a supply of refrigerators for in-rrom use. They are first-come-first-served, and i have shared your feedback withmy team to ensure that this is communicated properly in the future. Moreover, i will look into the possibility of purchasing some in-room microwaves. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We needed a hotel for our 1 night stay in Miami. Wanted close to the airport for an early flight and a shuttle service. The price off Expedia, the room and transportation was great. Obviously lots of people know about this great place, it was very busy. Shuttle ran on time every 15 minutes, room quiet and clean, staff friendly, on site restaurant very good. Can't ask for much more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maspaws

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you utilized our shuttle during your brief stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to Miami. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel just before & after our cruise, & we very much enjoyed our stay both times. I was not sure what to expect from the outside appearance, but once we arrived we were wowed. It had a very modern interior,& the rooms were amazing. The staff was GREAT!!!!! The rooms were very well appointed, & well maintained. If you are looking for a very reasonable hotel while in Miami, please stay at this hotel. When we book our next cruise, we will be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 63moose

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It was our pleasure to host you during your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The Valet Supervisor at this Marriott, Lian Rodtiguez, was worth the whole price of our stay. She not only treated us very well, but programmed our GPS to and from the football game at FIU. After the game,we were tired and hungry, very glad to get back to the hotel quickly.

The gentleman behind the bar was also very good. The lady behind the bar was very pleasant and helpful.

Dissapointed at having to pay for internet access,so we declined to do so. That is free at their Fairfield Inns. What's up with that?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you received excellent customer service from multiple members of our team. Our associates are what seperate us from other brands. I apologize for the confusion around our high-speed internet offerings. While we do have an upgraded option available for $4.95, our standard option is complimentary throughout the hotel. I will share your feedback with my team to ensure this does not happen again. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the courtyard November 16 and 17. It was excellent all around, the room was clean and comfortable beds, the pool and hot tub were clean, sports bar was fun with good service for beer or tea and Saphona gave us great customer service she even helped us book an everglade tour. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed so many of our amenities. Our staff is what sets us apart from the competition. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here 11/16/13 for one night prior to my cruise. They have a convenient free shuttle to and from the airport. I arrived at the hotel around noon (normal check-in is 3 pm), they told me it might be a little while before a king room would be available and if I would mine taking a double. I said yes and she was about to check me in when the manager heard her say I was a gold elite member. I was then told I would have to wait a little while because the room was not ready. I didn't think anything of it because several other people were waiting for rooms to become available. I simply found a comfortable place in the lounge and took advantage of the free wi-fi.

When I went back to see if my room was ready, I was shocked to discover they had upgraded me to a suite (was shocked because I was using a free certificate for the room). It was a large king suite (renovated room) with two large flat-screen televisions, sofa w/pull-out bed, large desk with separate pull-out table on wheels and almost everything else you can think of. The bath room was also large.

There is also a shuttle that goes to the cruise port ($11). If your main goal is having a nice place to stay prior to a cruise this is the place. Within walking distance there are lots of restaurants, shopping, movie theater and several other attractions. However, if you want to be close to South Beach this is not the place.

The restaurant had a great breakfast buffet and all of the staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gilbertgl
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy one of our extended-king rooms, as well as, our buffet in Champions. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami.