“Oh dear”

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport
Ranked #35 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Poor customer service at the front desk, I wasn't even told what floor my room was on, what time checkout or any of my meals were.
The food was terrible. My wife ordered Chilli, Garlic and shrimp linguini. I don't eat a lot of spicey food so I can taste it so when I say there was NO chilli in that dish I really mean none at all. The dish that was served was over cooked pasta in the water it was boiled in. I ordered a Philly Steak, simple. Terrible, I have had better kebab van wraps.
Waitresses we very friendly and about the only people that smiled at us the whole time.
Never again.

2  Thank Damien H
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Damien,

Thank you for your candid feedback about our hotel. Our goal is to make sure everyone we have the opportunity to serve has a stellar experience in our hotel environment. It appears that your experiene with our restaurant was less than desired.

Please know that we take this seriously and that I will take your comments and concerns back to our culinary team.

My hope is that you will come see us again and give us an opportunity to regain your trust, business, and satisfy your taste buds.

Jerry Rice

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful and nice, the rooms were spacious and very clean. I asked for a refrigerator, they sent it up free of charge. The pool area was clean and the pool was big for an airport hotel. The hotel was better than I expected, it has a starbucks in it and also a bar and restaurant area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donna F

Hi Donna,

Thanks for writing about our hotel. We like to think of our property as a little "oasis" in the airport area. As you saw during your stay, we made some recent upgrades adn have a substancial pool area to accommodate all of our guests.

THANK YOU for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel and stall great experience. Courtyard staff goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. Starting with front desk check in with Valerie and Matt continued to Champion restaurant with bartender Jason and supervisor Corey.

Property in tip top shape, clean and good location to access airport. Rooms nice size, clean and comfortable.

Hotel offers no charge shuttle to airport and certain shopping venues and nominal shuttle charge to other Miami venues of interest.

Everyone encountered genuinely friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Luv2Travel43215

Luv2Travel,

Thanks for your review! We are glad that our hotel and level of service met your needs. Please know that we have an inhouse recognition program at our hotel and Jason, Valarie, Matt, and Corey will all be recognized.

Our sincere hope is that you'll stay at our hotel again on a future trip.

Thanks allowing us to serve you and for your feedback.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went on a vacation to Jamaica with a 10 hour layover in Miami. Reserved a room at the Miami Airport Marriott and man was I pleased. Walked into a very nice reception area, and was greeted by a very friendly, helpful and helpful front desk clerk. The room was nicely appointed and very comfortable. Would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Book any room and you will not be disappointed !!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daren2013

Hi Darren!

We are certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope that we have the opportunity to lodge you again in the future.

All our best!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel was so clean and modern. Lots of space in the standard rooms. The restaurant in the lobby and bar were great and the food was fantastic there. close to the airport, shopping and other restaurants. 25 minutes from south beach.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JanetKamil

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your complimentary review of our hotel. We truly appreciate it. We are glad that our location fit your needs. Most people don't know that Miami's airport is such a short drive to downtown and Miami Beach.

We hope that the next time your travel plans have you in Miami, we can have the opportunity to take care of you again.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ok. So I was on my way back from Key West, and didn't get back until around midnight. My flight left the next morning at 7 am. I needed somewhere to go, and chose the Courtyard! Let's just say that this was the perfect choice! The staff was nice, rooms were clean, beds were comfy, rooms were quiet--everything I need from a hotel. It is not a 5 star hotel by any means, but is perfect for those that need something close to the airport or even the University of Miami. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hi kbarry,

Thanks for your complimentary review of our hotel. We like to think of ourselves as the perfect pace to stop and stay near Miami International Airport!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in a family of four staying here and it was a great stay. Very close to airport, downtown area, next to several Cuban Restaurants. Parking cost $20 for overnight stays but is private and gated. Internet was a little slow at times but didn't have too much issues. Beds are comfortable and room was clean. Didn't get to experience the pool because it was raining. The gym is very large, clean and can accommodate a lot of guests at one time. I would recommend the stay here and would stay again. Free shuttle to and from the airport is a plus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DFWdealTraveler
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Good Day DFW,

I wanted to write and say "Thank You" for the positive comments about our hotel. We appreciate them. We recently upgraded our high speed internet access at the hotel and are glad to hear that you were able to connect, however, are still concerned that you had some speed challenges. Please know that we will look into that.

I certainly hope that you have the opportunity to stay at our hotel again, and on behalf of our entire team, again I say "Thank You!"