“Solid choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Houston, Texas, USA
“Solid choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was extremely comfortable. The AC worked great and the beds were very comfortable - both of those are critical in my choice of locations to stay. I wasn't particularly greeted warmly by the front desk clerk at 2am on a Friday, but everyone has their bad days I guess. I was a little disappointed by a $15/day parking fee but I guess many people take the airport shuttle, so that isn't a big deal to most. Overall, the property is very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TechMarauder
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback TechMarauder. I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable. Our signature Marriott mattress provide unmatched comfort with the finest quality materials. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Our stay was pleasant, and our room very adequate and clean. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant could not have been more professional and friendly. Right down to the warm cookies they were serving in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, Paderick. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that my team was able to make your visit comfortable and relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami.
Urbandale, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before a cruise. Our flight didn't arrive until after midnight and we caught one of the last free Marriott shuttles from the airport (it quits running at 1 a.m.). The driver was friendly but didn't budge to help with luggage. Check in was painless. We asked for a quiet room so we could sleep in and were accomodated. The room itself looked new, very clean and had everything advertised. All staff we encountered we friendly. Only minor drawbacks we saw: hard bed (more than normal), very thin towels (had we had more than 2 of us we would have to call for more just to dry off!) and location wasnt convenient to any last minute shopping (wine or forgotten items). Overall I would recommend this location. Breakfast at Champions was okay. The restaurant looks nice but the chairs & table were dirty when we went to sit and the glassware was chipped. Food was good and hot!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us pre-cruise, and I appreciate your feedback redheadfun. I'm glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle. I will share your suggestions with my team because we are always looking to improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami.
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after arriving from the UK, before travelling up to Orlando the next day. It is very close to the airport, and easy to find. Check in was easy and we were quickly in our room.
The room was a good size and well appointed.
We ate a quick meal in the sports bar...which was okay.
I'd definitely stay here again if I did the same routing for an Orlando holiday.

Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback StaffsMW. I am glad to hear we provided a great starting point for your Florida holiday. We are constantly updating and improving the menu in Champions. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next holiday.
Grenada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Spent one night in transit.

Room was good size, comfortable.

Towels and bed sheets were stained. They did not appear to be unclean, but they were stained.
I found a hair wrapped in between the wash rag. I was very disappointed, I do not expect that from any Marriott hotel.

Service at front desk was good, and also in the sports bar. Breakfast buffet was good as well.

The walls are paper thin, heard everything in the room next door and from the corridor.

Location is perfect as it near to hotel. There are taxi on the campus so getting a cab is fairly quick.

Note if you going to use the shuttle to the airport add about 30 mins to the time you wish to get to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ashele_B
Thank you for your feedback AsheleB. I am sorry to hear that you had a sub-par stay with us. That is not what you should expect from any Marriott brand property, and i will follow-up with my team to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you will visit us again so that we can exceed your expectations.
Bermuda Dunes, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel right after our cruise and before our scheduled flight the following day. I was pleasantly surprised that even though we arrived at the hotel early (11:00 am) they had a room available and ready for us. The front desk was kind and courteous after a rather difficult taxi ride in. I would recommend this establishment for a place to stay as a stop off before or after a cruise/airline flight.

Room Tip: The hotel has a business center where you can check in and print your airline vouchers. Convenient s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback lv2travel42. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our business center and boarding pass station. We try to make travel as convenient as possible, especially because we know that taxi rides and flights can be difficult at times. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week pre-cruise.. Arrived late but called ahead so as not to lose our reservation.. Front desk staff were friendly if not very busy! Rooms were clean and spacious and the location was great for a pre-cruise stay.. $25 cab ride to the port was reasonable and the staff were able to set up the ride for us. Starbucks in the lobby next door at the Marriott was perfect for a coffee and the $13 breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant was reasonable and tasty!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback TOTravellers51. I'm glad to hear we were able to provide you with a comfortable pre-cruise stay. The breakfast buffet at Champions is a great way to start the day. We look forward to welcoming you back, during your next visit to Miami.