WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #32 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Nice clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly, we enjoyed the Starbucks available in the hotel complex. The front desk staff were very patient and answered all my questions. We used the free shuttle from the Airport and also a free shuttle to the Mall of Americas and back. The pool area was nice......lots of seating area. My only dislike was the
area, although it was very close to the airport, there wasn't anything within walking distance. We had to take a taxi to any stores or to go our for dinner. Otherwise we enjoyed our time at this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor which was very close to the pool area and weren't bothered by any n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank woodiex5
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback Woodiex5. I am glad that your were able to enjoy many of the ammenities of both the hotel and the complex. I hope that you will visit us again, and try our Champions Sports Bar for a meal while you enjoy the sunshine by the pool. The staff looks forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Helena, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night post-cruise and found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The front desk personnel were friendly. The only complaint we had was that we wanted to go out to dinner at a special restaurant located less than 1 mile from the hotel, and we were told we could not use their shuttle service to get there. After our previous stay at another hotel in the area that had their shuttle take us anywhere within a five-mile radius, it was disappointing to be told that their shuttle was for the airport only. We probably would not stay there again if we return to the Miami area. We just didn't feel like this hotel made the extra effort to ensure their guests' needs were met.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FinnsNana
Thank you for your feedback Martih07. I am sorry that we were unable to assist you with transportation to your special restaurant. It is our goal to make our guests feel valued and to go the extra mile whenever possible. I will share your feedback with my team so that we can brainstorm for possible solutions. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back to the Courtyard Miami Airport during your next visit to the Miami area.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Working in the hotel/hospitality industry like I have for 14 years will make you very observant of hotels you stay and service levels - so it is with great pleasure that I write about this hotel. First it is clean from the lobby to your room to the pool/patio area. The room was nicely set up and the bed was comfortable.
The front desk staff was friendly and full of energy each time I say them and they initiated conversation before I could. The housekeeper on my floor followed up on my "do not disturb/me time" sign to make sure I did not need anything. The restaurant employees were a pleasant surprise and one of the best parts to me - each was friendly, outgoing and genuinely appeared to enjoy being there to take care of the guest (me).
Even in my own hotels, to get everyone on the "hospitable service" mindset is a challenge not easily achieved but this hotel is doing it right. Anyone needing to stay near the airport should pick this hotel or just anyone staying in Miami area who does not need to be right on the beach. Easy access to Hwy 836 which takes you into downtown and airplane noise was minimal. The only downside to this location could be traffic on LeJune depending on day and time but that could be an issue anywhere. Look forward to staying at this hotel again next time I need to go to Miami - you should too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Canyonman68
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Good Afternoon Branquelo68,

Thank you for your courteous comments about our hotel and particularly our associates. We thank you for noticing what we attempt to do on a daily basis: satisfy the guests in our hotel.

We hope that we get the chance to take care of you again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in February before and after international flights from MIA, and recommend this hotel. Regular airport shuttle - no need to call for pickup at MIA. Friendly, efficient front desk staff. My rooms on the 7th and 4th floors were large, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated with an equally big, clean bath with lots of towels. No mini-bar. Breakfast was very good, although I could do without the many large-screen TVs blaring the news at me while I ate. Overall, this hotel is provides a good location & services, and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Retirada
Retirada,

Thanks for your positive comments about your stay in our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our location, services, and amenities.

I must admit that you made me chuckle with the TV comment, as it's something that even we at the hotel debate: sound or no sound? We attempt to keep the volume low during breakfast service so that guests who want to hear the news can, and those who don't won't be disturbed. I will listen well when I'm in the restaurant tomorrow morning for volume!

Thanks again we hope all is well out west!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked the Courtyard for one night and found it to be comfortable & convenient. The shuttle service to and from the airport is quick & efficient. Marriott is in the same location so there are additional dining options. We had the best wings at the sports bar in the Courtyard....only complaint was that hotel wifi was not available in the older section

Room Tip: Ask for new section
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onygo12
Hi onygo12,

Thanks for writing about our hotel! And you are right...the wings are delicious..my personal favorite is the Dragon Wings in Champion's!

I wanted to let you know that we are indeed, having some internet challenges in a section of our htoel that we are addressing. We are soon to begin a cabling project in our hotel and will be upgrading the present Wifi platform.

We hope that you'll stay with us again and check out our speedy new Wifi..we should be done within the next 60 days!

Have a wonderful day!

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Big clean rooms, confortablek beds, decent shower. Good stay for the money.
Location is good only if you have a car, otherwise you'll be far from everything (except the airport, of course).
Downside is $15 a day for parking.
Hotel offers free shuttle to the airport every 15 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Gui_Afonso
guiafonso,

Thanks for writing about our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and are glad that our complimentary airport shuttle allowed you to get to and from Miami International Airport quickly and efficiently.

We hope that we get to see you again very soon and that all is well in Brazil!

Lakeville, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Husband and I stayed here for 4 days in January. We stayed on the 9th floor and had a nice view of the pool area and a distant view of the water. The room was clean and looked newly renovated. Used the shuttle from the airport coming and going. The breakfasts were good with many choices (cereal hot & cold, eggs, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, etc.) around $15. Had dinner in the restaurant one night. The food was good. I don't travel that much, but my husband does (180+ days a year) and he didn't have any complaints. The only thing I noticed was that the wi-fi was unpredictable. This hotel is one of 3 or 4 Marriott's on this property so there are some other choices for food and a Starbucks in the Marriott Hotel next door. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly. There is a free shuttle that will take you to the Miami Internation Mall. It is provided by the Mall and stops at a bunch of hotels on the way to the Mall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business