We stayed here both before and after a cruise. The hotel is located in a complex with 2 other hotels. They provide free pickup/drop off at MIA every 15 minutes most of the day. The van was easy to find upon arrival at MIA. Check-in was easy. We even arrived 5 hours prior to check in time post cruise and were given a room right away with no question or additional charge.The complex was very safe, but hard to get out and walk around the neighborhood. The hotel shares a pool/hot tub with the Marriott next door. The pool was never too busy. There is a towel hut by the pool with beach towels for use. There is ample outdoor sitting area by the pool and a nice shaded sitting area close to the hotel. The room was very nice and appeared to be reacently redecorated. My daughters used the free wireless Internet access with no difficulty. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. I never heard a peep from our neighbors. The hair dryers are located in a black bag in the closet. One room we were in did not have a hair dryer, but I am sure a call to the desk would have fixed that. We took a cab to the port. Cost was $31, and that included a stop for a few bottles of wine on the way! The hotel offers a port transport through an outside company, but with the four of us the cab was cheaper.
We ate at the bar in the Courtyard upon arrival. We took advantage of their specials and the prices seemed reasonable. Children are allowed in the bar to eat. The bar wait staff was very friendly! The Marriott next door has a Starbucks for a quick coffee and breakfast before leaving for the cruise. There is also free coffee in the lobby of the hotel with to go cups and lids that were a nice size. We ate at the Marriott next door post cruise. The food was good, but the prices seemed a bit steep for sandwiches.
I would not stay here for a general trip to Miami as it is too far away from town and the beach, but it was perfect for pre/post cruise. I would definatley stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this newly transformed, sleek Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport South. Settle into the newly renovated guest rooms at this warm, welcoming Miami international airport hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Miami Airport South Hotel Miami
- Courtyard Miami Airport South
- Miami Courtyard
- Miami Marriott