“Great pre/post cruise”

Ranked #36 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Indiana
“Great pre/post cruise”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here both before and after a cruise. The hotel is located in a complex with 2 other hotels. They provide free pickup/drop off at MIA every 15 minutes most of the day. The van was easy to find upon arrival at MIA. Check-in was easy. We even arrived 5 hours prior to check in time post cruise and were given a room right away with no question or additional charge.The complex was very safe, but hard to get out and walk around the neighborhood. The hotel shares a pool/hot tub with the Marriott next door. The pool was never too busy. There is a towel hut by the pool with beach towels for use. There is ample outdoor sitting area by the pool and a nice shaded sitting area close to the hotel. The room was very nice and appeared to be reacently redecorated. My daughters used the free wireless Internet access with no difficulty. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. I never heard a peep from our neighbors. The hair dryers are located in a black bag in the closet. One room we were in did not have a hair dryer, but I am sure a call to the desk would have fixed that. We took a cab to the port. Cost was $31, and that included a stop for a few bottles of wine on the way! The hotel offers a port transport through an outside company, but with the four of us the cab was cheaper.

We ate at the bar in the Courtyard upon arrival. We took advantage of their specials and the prices seemed reasonable. Children are allowed in the bar to eat. The bar wait staff was very friendly! The Marriott next door has a Starbucks for a quick coffee and breakfast before leaving for the cruise. There is also free coffee in the lobby of the hotel with to go cups and lids that were a nice size. We ate at the Marriott next door post cruise. The food was good, but the prices seemed a bit steep for sandwiches.

I would not stay here for a general trip to Miami as it is too far away from town and the beach, but it was perfect for pre/post cruise. I would definatley stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
couplenindy,

I'm glad you had a great stay in our hotel!! It appears that you used the majority of our amenities with ease, and that makes me very happy!!!

Pre/Post cruise travelers are a niche for us, and I'm glad that we met your expectations!

Jerry Rice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Glasgow
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We ended up here after our flight back was home was cancelled due to weather delays. By the time we got our luggage from the airport and caught the shuttle to the hotel, it was one in the morning. We hadn't eaten since around noon the day before. They have a market with items for purchase, but only one microwave. It was in use for a long time. All I wanted was to heat my food and go to bed. I asked one of the clerks if they had another microwave. She said no. The other clerk, sensing my tired frustration offered to take my food to the employee lounge to heat it for me. What a sweetie! Three minutes later I was on my way to my room. The room was extremely clean and well appointed. If we ever were in Miami for fun and not a crazy 11 hour layover, we would consider staying here again. Great breakfast at Champion's Restaurant too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle H
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for writing a nice review! I am so glad that one of our associates was able to expedite your food needs. Unfortunatley, "tis the season" for weather delays in Miami. I am glad that although your travel time was extended, you were able to rest in our hotel.

We hope to see you back for a "normal" stay!

Regards,

san juan capistrano
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We have stayed here before and were surprised during our latest stay. They refurbished the hotel and rooms! The bar-restaurant was pleasant. Suggest the baby back ribs. The greatest was the free internet. About time this service was provided. The hotel complex provides efficient airport transfer service,(once you understand the pick-up is on the second level at the curb). There is also a good seafood restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport may be slightly more noisy,but not overly so.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
drishi,

Thanks for your wonderful comment. I agree that the baby back ribs are great. They are my favorite thing on the menu (in fact..I had them for dinner while watching the Miami Heat game last night!).

I wish that we could pick up at the arrivals level at Miami International Airport, however, all guests must return to Level 2 per the Airport Authority.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel. Please let me know when you return to stay with us. We have dine on ribs together!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here for one night before leaving on a cruise out of the port of miami. The hotel it self is just an average marriott hotel. I liked that they had shuttles to and from the airport as well as a connection for shuttles to the port of miami. There was a smell in my bathroom that was not good at all but other then that great stay.

Dwayne

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dwayne,

Thanks for your comment. If you could, please call the hotel and give me your last name. I would like to review which room you stayed in. We take the cleanliness and smell of our hotel VERY seriously. I would like to do some follow up training as appropriate with our housekeeping staff in this area. I am generally in the office Monday through Friday.

We hope that you enjoyed your cruise!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This airport is across the highway from the airport, but don't hesitate to stay here. We stayed on the top floor (10th) and could barely hear the planes. The rooms are well insulated as our party-goer neighbor was also barely audible during the night. The front desk staff are amazing. I had a reservation at a different Courtyard (on the same street) and they transferred my reservation to that hotel for $1 more per night, even though the going rate was almost 40% higher. The other Courtyard on LeJeune looked like it was in an iffy area, so I was very glad to have transferred. Avoid the onsite restaurants. The restaurants adjacent to the properties are better quality and much less expensive.

Room Tip: No airplane noise on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is my first stay at the Courtyard, 2nd at the airport marriott complex! It is centrally located to anywhere you want to be and minutes from the airport. Great, newly renovated rooms, comfortable and clean. I cant say enough good things about the property in general, safe parking, walking distance to several very good restaurants (Latin Cafe is my favorite) great pool. Had a good experience with everyone that worked there...however, I have to single out Danny and Rachel and the 2 security men who were working the evening of June 3rd. I had a problem with the lock on my door and couldnt get in my room. (no ones fault, just one of those technology glitches that just happen) They went above and beyond to resolve the issue and make sure that I was comfortable in the process. When you travel alot, eventually you come across "issues" but when there is customer service as wonderful as was shown to me those issues seem like nothing! Would stay here again, in fact I really didnt want to go home and would highly recommend it to anyone who asks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Diane,

I have to be honest, Danny and Rachel are two of our brightest stars at our hotel. In our industry we focus a lot on hiring the right people, because genuine service (in our opinion) is hard to fake.

Please know that we have an associate incentive/recognition program in our hotel. Danny and Rachel will be recognized for your kind words.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us soon!

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Front desk was very helpful when I checked. Hotel is convenient to both airport and freeway.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple