“Friendly Staff, great and convenient hotel with spacious rooms”

Courtyard Miami Airport
Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Miami Beach, Florida
“Friendly Staff, great and convenient hotel with spacious rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Flying in to Miami for a night from the Caribbean, I needed to find a room in a quiet and comfortable hotel around Miami International Airport as I was flying out the next day around 10am to Europe.

I got a good deal at Courtyard By Marriott Miami Airport South and I didn’t hesitate a second to book a room there. I believe it was in part because I had stayed there in the past, had a great experience, but I never really had a chance to write a review.

Out of the Terminal, I waited for about 7 min for the hotel shuttle bus which I easily recognized. The hotel being just about a mile away from MIA, I barely had time to sit that we were already pulling into the complex where 2 or more others hotels from the Marriott family are located. And just as I was expecting it, I quickly recognized the friendly and warm welcome at the front desk. The check-in was fast and efficient, and I was in my room in no time.

The room looked spacious, clean and well decorated. There was a nice sofa next to the bed, though I didn’t really need it, it added a charm in the room. I had a king size bed just like I requested and was happy with it. The bathroom was also clean and spacious with a tub and a huge mirror. I had a very quiet night and woke up refreshed!

Additionally, and it’s one of the things that I really appreciated in this hotel, I had ordered few stuff online to be delivered at the hotel before even I checked-in, stuff that I wanted to take them with me to Europe. It’s all went very well; once I identified myself to the security from my room, they had my stuff brought up to my room like an express delivery.

The only negative point that I noted was a small leak from the A/C in the room right in front of the bathroom entrance. There was water coming out of the A/C, making the carpet a bit wet, not a major issue but enough to be noticed. Since I was only spending one night and needed just a great night sleep, it didn’t bother me at all as I was totally satisfied with my night.

Overall, I had a great experience, just like the previous one, and would definitely go back if I have a chance. I would recommend this hotel for its proximity to Miami International Airport if you are spending a night or if you just want to be far away from the noisy airplanes landing or taking-off, but at the same time be close to the Airport. There are also many restaurants and fast food around the hotel, should you need to go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Just ask for something in particular, if available, the Hotel will provide you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Salem, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel is great. I have stayed there twice in the past month The best part is the way is is set up with Marriott right next door. So you end up with two places to eat right there and there is a Starbucks in the lobby of the Marriott. The first time I was there it rained all week but I found a complete covered path back and forth. The review about no places to eat within walking distance is fairly accurate. The coffee place just outside the gate is good and a little further down is Cafe Latino which has a large selection, and the food is good,but it is nothing fancy otherwise it is a short drive to more food.

It appears that some parts of the hotel are newer than others it is obvious there are updating rooms and I don't mean construction you can just see the differences. If I have any complaint it is that there are no refrigerators or safes in the room. On my second visit I would have gotten my leftovers to go from the restaurant but with no refrigerator I would not be able to store them.

As for the staff they were very helpful. Danny B was beyond helpful when the printer was broken. He made sure my document was not going to print later and then assisted me with printing at the front desk. The only time I had a problem was later in the evening on my first visit I went on a hunt for a soda and they do not have soda machines in the hotel instead they have a small shop by the front desk. I am ok with this however the clerk working was by herself and so busy she did not have the ability to ring me up, I finally left and went back to my room still thirsty. Another hotel employee of unknown position said to just take the drink but he did not appear to have the authority to give that direction so I opted to play it safe.

All in all both of my stays were good and quiet. It's very close to the airport and I used the shuttle the first time which was very timely. From the airport there are a couple of Marriott shuttles this one says Marriott Airport South on it. The second stay I had a rental car. This is a gated parking lot and your room key is your parking key. Mine did not work the first time at the gate but they quickly fixed it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went to this hotel after our cruise to rest. They took us at 10:00 in the morning an early check in and it went smoothly. The room was very clean and in a quiet area of the hotel. Their hotel restaurant had amazing reasonably priced food. We never got a chance to try the pool as it rained all day. That was the only bad thing the weather but they cannot help that. They did have great tv shows to keep us entertained. We would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Edwards, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

From beginning to end this hotel was AWFUL! Literally the only thing that my boyfriend and i enjoyed was the bar tendor who told us where to go at Miami beach.

We called ahead of time to try to get our friends room and ours close together and apparantly since they are an airport hotel they can't even put a request in or be helpful what-so-ever until you are there to check in with credit card in hand.

We were never told when booking that there was a charge for parking.

The front desk staff was rude to us and to each other which is a HUGE turn off while vacationing! They weren't welcoming, they were professional but in a very pretencious way and I was a front desk manager at a Doubletree in Colorado for several years so I know the job that they are supposed to be doing... Marriott is usually a very good brand so we had "Marriott" level expectations.

To make matters worse they messed up on our friends bill and over charged them by $40 then we had to deal with faxing credit card authorizations and refunds here charges there. WHAT A MESS! WE WILL NEVER BE BACK!

Room Tip: For a good stay you should book elsewhere. We are still dealing with their inadequacy nearly a mont...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank coloradoadventurgirl
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The (free) airport shuttle is quick and efficient. The internet speed was ok for me on October 3-4 but quite sluggish on October 12. I would hesitate to stay there again because of the sluggish experience. The restaurant situation isn't the greatest. You can easily walk over to the Marriott and eat in a slightly better restaurant than the one at the Courtyard, but it's overpriced and nothing to get excited about. If you want a sandwich, there's a good Cuban sandwich place just outside the gates of the Marriott complex (Sabor Latino), but there's not much of anything within walking distance for a good dinner. (Minor point: Why do Marriotts put the hair-dryer in a bag in the closet? They apparently think that's somehow classy. I find it inconvenient.)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for two weeks (earlier than 2010, but I couldn't set up that date). Carnival Cruise Lines had booked a room for me. It was a very pleasant stay. The location was fine, very close to the airport and a shopping mall. It is easy to get into the downtown or the Miami Beach even by public transportation, but it takes around 45 minutes. It is close to the Little Habana. The pool and gym was very good. The restaurant is nice and the staff were kind. I can recommend the Chicken Cajun Fusilli, who loves spicy food, but also the BBQ chicken wings were nice. The weather is hot, good for going to the beach. From the pool you can see the tv screen of the gym, so I could watch the world cup soccer matches from the pool. It is a great place I got a lot of nice experiences and memories here.

Room Tip: The courtyard side (not the main building) is more relaxing and the pool is also there.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

It was a nice hotel. Clean, near the airport and witha great staff. The rooms were ..normal bt well organized and clean. I requested to change room because I was at the 1st floor .. with window in front of the parking lot and they did it very fast
Nice pool, kind of small but I wasnt expecting a resort, due to the price.
They have the flights times and schedule in a big TV on the front desk. It was very nice.
I would stay again and i would recomend to a friend.
Cons: Dont have anything near. have to go by car to buy a something

Room Tip: do not stay in the 1st floor: the window is in front of the parking lot
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family