“Beautiful hotel, great breakfast, comfortable beds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #31 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Greensboro
“Beautiful hotel, great breakfast, comfortable beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This JW Marriott will exceed your expectations. Shana at the front desk was extremely helpful making recommendations for sites and restaurants. Alma and Sunae and Fernanda in the beautiful and delicious restaurant made our breakfasts most enjoyable. Comfortable room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm spending 2 weeks at this hotel for a business trip. It's conveniently located at Brickell Avenue, downtown Miami.

Rooms are big, very comfortable and with great views. Service is great, with helpful and caring people from the parking service to the room service.

Great place if you need to stay for business.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

"My girlfriend and I stayed here over weekend. The staff was very friendly and professional. Parking was easy and I was so glad because busy parking lots can mean you stay starts out stressful. We were checked in quickly. The room itself was beautiful, spacious and all the amenities of a suite: refrigerator, coffee maker etc. The location is great, convenient to the freeway. We have stayed at many hotels in this area and this by far is our favorite. Price was reasonable. You can't beat it for all that you receive.
"

Room Tip: Love the jacuzzi
Green Features: Great hotel and great employee and always friendly behavior
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was with a large group who stayed at the hotel. At 4PM, I arrived at the hotel and registered for my room, only to be told that my room was not ready. Really? At 4PM? The attendant was very nice and said she would call me when my room was available and my luggage could be safely stored.

At 5PM, after NOT receiving a call, I checked with the registration desk and learned that my room had been available. If that wasn't annoying enough, the bellman had a hard time finding my suitcase in the storage room.

My room was nice enough, but it was worn. The furniture was scratched and marred and there was a tear in the carpet. However, aside from this, it was nicely decorated.

The only other challenge was the elevators. At one time during the evening, one or two elevators - out of four - were out of order, causing a huge backlog of people trying to get to the upper floors. Also, you must use your room key to activate the elevators to get to the upper floors. That is OK, except it doesn't give you much time before your floor request is cancelled.

The banquet facilities were good and the food served to us was wonderful.

I have stayed at JW Marriotts and have had wonderful experiences. This hotel was below par, in my opinion. I would expect this kind of hotel in downtown Miami to be more efficient and refined.

Would I stay here again? I would think about it, but would also explore other options.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank indeaugie
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear indeaugie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the JW Marriott Miami. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with our services. Please note that we have addressed these issues at hand with the respective departments and we are working diligently to correct any mistakes that we may have made. I would be more than happy to hear more of your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that we may discuss these occurrences in more detail.

Regards,
Fairfax Station, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

As always JW never disappoints. Spent a few days in Miami with friends and this hotel is nicely located in the center of a lots of shops and restaurants. We had an excellent time here. When our taxi arrived at the entrance you could tell that this place was well maintained and that someone took great effort in making sure the lobby reflected the quality of the JW brand. From there to our room was even better. The staff was very professional and very customer friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank jbgaines04
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I decided to just take a quick vacation for 3 days and decided to take my mom as surprise. The flight was short, the cab was only 27.00 from airport to hotel. We were greater at the door, and our luggage was stored due to our arrival was early. Check in was at 4 but we were able to check in at 12, we arrived at 10. Room was nice, clean, and more. The bathroom was a bit small but it was still nice and clean. We were suppose to be eligible for an upgrade due to the package i brought which was "breakfast buffett included and upgrade upon avaiblity on arrival" well the upgrade was not available due to they were packed. So he provided me with 2 gift cards to the spa and access to the concierge lounge on 21st floor that you need a special key to get in. The room came with complimentary computer and free wifi.. which was a huge plus, but the disappointment was no fridge. I always need one and i would have had one if the upgrade was available, also there is no microwave anywhere.. I am still here we leave tomorrow (sunday). I will come back again but make sure that i am in a suite because i need a fridge and microwave at all times. oh well, one more day...OH WAIT, the breakfast buffett is so worth it.. omelets are amazing and the food is great and lots of choices.

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade and top floors for view.
Green Features: Great friendly environment, i felt safe and comfortable and everything like food and shopping is in walking distance.. just take a right outside the door.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank onlyE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The location was excellent and the facilities too. The gym/spa was fantastic, well attended, clean equipment with friendly employees. The only thing lacking was the pool area was sort of a forgotten area. We had to ask for the TV be turned on so we could watch the World Cup game. After they complied, the volume was very poor. There was no attended bar/grill at the pool either so we had to phone orders into room service.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony. The view can be spectacular and will give you an extra area to relax.
Green Features: You have the option to reuse towels or get clean ones.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple