“Fast Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Richmond, Virginia
“Fast Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I decided to just take a quick vacation for 3 days and decided to take my mom as surprise. The flight was short, the cab was only 27.00 from airport to hotel. We were greater at the door, and our luggage was stored due to our arrival was early. Check in was at 4 but we were able to check in at 12, we arrived at 10. Room was nice, clean, and more. The bathroom was a bit small but it was still nice and clean. We were suppose to be eligible for an upgrade due to the package i brought which was "breakfast buffett included and upgrade upon avaiblity on arrival" well the upgrade was not available due to they were packed. So he provided me with 2 gift cards to the spa and access to the concierge lounge on 21st floor that you need a special key to get in. The room came with complimentary computer and free wifi.. which was a huge plus, but the disappointment was no fridge. I always need one and i would have had one if the upgrade was available, also there is no microwave anywhere.. I am still here we leave tomorrow (sunday). I will come back again but make sure that i am in a suite because i need a fridge and microwave at all times. oh well, one more day...OH WAIT, the breakfast buffett is so worth it.. omelets are amazing and the food is great and lots of choices.

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade and top floors for view.
Green Features: Great friendly environment, i felt safe and comfortable and everything like food and shopping is in walking distance.. just take a right outside the door.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank onlyE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The location was excellent and the facilities too. The gym/spa was fantastic, well attended, clean equipment with friendly employees. The only thing lacking was the pool area was sort of a forgotten area. We had to ask for the TV be turned on so we could watch the World Cup game. After they complied, the volume was very poor. There was no attended bar/grill at the pool either so we had to phone orders into room service.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony. The view can be spectacular and will give you an extra area to relax.
Green Features: You have the option to reuse towels or get clean ones.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami for 3 days this week while in town on business. Overall, it was a good hotel and I wouldn't mind staying here again if in the area.

Pros:
- Great service. I really enjoyed the personal touches the staff made such as calling to see how my stay was going, calling to see if I enjoyed the room service, letting me borrow a mouse for my laptop, recommending local restaurants. The staff really makes this hotel what it is and I hope they are recognized by management.
- Spacious rooms and comfortable bed. It was nice to come back to a relaxing room after a long day in meetings.
- Good location. Close to the financial district and restaurants.
- Good food. I had lunch in the restaurant and room service for breakfast. Both were really good.
- Nice bathroom amenities. I loved the shampoos, soaps and body washes.
- Great tv. I often find that hotel room tvs are not very good. The JW was an exception to this rule. Large, wall mounted flat screen with a lot of HD channels.
- Good value for the price paid.
- Free wifi. I can't remember the last time I've stayed in an upscale hotel with free wifi. Loved that they decided to offer it at no cost.

Cons:
- They put me in a handicapped accessible room which meant the shower and closet were designed for people with mobility issues. They claimed that they were sold out and didn't have my room preference in the reservation but I have a Marriott Rewards number with this information on file so expect that any Marriott property should know my preferences.
- Decor was a little boring. Don't get me wrong, it was nice but Miami is known for it's design and latin influences. This hotel could have easily been in Chicago, Dallas, or St Louis. Not a deal breaker, but when I travel I like to feel like the hotel is unique to it's location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank John S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was with my friend 2008 in August and I still remeber how nice time we had.
Stuff very polite and It was my first time in the USA and thay was so helpfull. Perfect perfect room clean and with very comfortable bad. I remeber every thing and I hope I am going to have time to come again.

Room Tip: I like my room and i think all are very nice
Green Features: I will like to have advertisment from you at my e-mail. Thank you for everything.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gergana N
orlando, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived from Orlando on business and property in heart of downtown right across the street from Morton's steakhouse (fantastic) lobby was impressive and our room on concierge level is just great since on this level breakfast was free with many different options. Pool on 7th floor and spa nice and clean and small but nice gym and spa. So far so good!! Love it

• Stayed June 2014
      Cleanliness
2 Thank maldonora
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was wonderful. The staff was great. Very helpful and friendly. Concierge lounge was amazing. But the room service was horrible. Both times I ordered a steak and it was overdone. The second time I even got the filet and ordered it medium rare. It came to my room butterflies and burnt on the edges. The person delivering the food left before I had the chance to even look at the steak. Do not waste your money, go to a better restaurant nearby.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love Marriott Hotels for business trips. This trip was personal so walking into room, I was a little disappointed as it felt like any other Marriott – just a different city. We had a corner room so the night view was amazing! Went to dinner and sat outside on balcony. Service was great. Valet was always busy but didn’t take long to retrieve car. Pool area is not as nice as the professional photos on website. If you get there at the 4pm check in time or after the sun is blocked by other buildings. Area of town was nice and several restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple