I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami for 3 days this week while in town on business. Overall, it was a good hotel and I wouldn't mind staying here again if in the area.
- Great service. I really enjoyed the personal touches the staff made such as calling to see how my stay was going, calling to see if I enjoyed the room service, letting me borrow a mouse for my laptop, recommending local restaurants. The staff really makes this hotel what it is and I hope they are recognized by management.
- Spacious rooms and comfortable bed. It was nice to come back to a relaxing room after a long day in meetings.
- Good location. Close to the financial district and restaurants.
- Good food. I had lunch in the restaurant and room service for breakfast. Both were really good.
- Nice bathroom amenities. I loved the shampoos, soaps and body washes.
- Great tv. I often find that hotel room tvs are not very good. The JW was an exception to this rule. Large, wall mounted flat screen with a lot of HD channels.
- Good value for the price paid.
- Free wifi. I can't remember the last time I've stayed in an upscale hotel with free wifi. Loved that they decided to offer it at no cost.
- They put me in a handicapped accessible room which meant the shower and closet were designed for people with mobility issues. They claimed that they were sold out and didn't have my room preference in the reservation but I have a Marriott Rewards number with this information on file so expect that any Marriott property should know my preferences.
- Decor was a little boring. Don't get me wrong, it was nice but Miami is known for it's design and latin influences. This hotel could have easily been in Chicago, Dallas, or St Louis. Not a deal breaker, but when I travel I like to feel like the hotel is unique to it's location.