“Pros and cons” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Columbia, Missouri
“Pros and cons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami for 3 days this week while in town on business. Overall, it was a good hotel and I wouldn't mind staying here again if in the area.

Pros:
- Great service. I really enjoyed the personal touches the staff made such as calling to see how my stay was going, calling to see if I enjoyed the room service, letting me borrow a mouse for my laptop, recommending local restaurants. The staff really makes this hotel what it is and I hope they are recognized by management.
- Spacious rooms and comfortable bed. It was nice to come back to a relaxing room after a long day in meetings.
- Good location. Close to the financial district and restaurants.
- Good food. I had lunch in the restaurant and room service for breakfast. Both were really good.
- Nice bathroom amenities. I loved the shampoos, soaps and body washes.
- Great tv. I often find that hotel room tvs are not very good. The JW was an exception to this rule. Large, wall mounted flat screen with a lot of HD channels.
- Good value for the price paid.
- Free wifi. I can't remember the last time I've stayed in an upscale hotel with free wifi. Loved that they decided to offer it at no cost.

Cons:
- They put me in a handicapped accessible room which meant the shower and closet were designed for people with mobility issues. They claimed that they were sold out and didn't have my room preference in the reservation but I have a Marriott Rewards number with this information on file so expect that any Marriott property should know my preferences.
- Decor was a little boring. Don't get me wrong, it was nice but Miami is known for it's design and latin influences. This hotel could have easily been in Chicago, Dallas, or St Louis. Not a deal breaker, but when I travel I like to feel like the hotel is unique to it's location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank John S

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was with my friend 2008 in August and I still remeber how nice time we had.
Stuff very polite and It was my first time in the USA and thay was so helpfull. Perfect perfect room clean and with very comfortable bad. I remeber every thing and I hope I am going to have time to come again.

Room Tip: I like my room and i think all are very nice
Green Features: I will like to have advertisment from you at my e-mail. Thank you for everything.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gergana N
orlando, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived from Orlando on business and property in heart of downtown right across the street from Morton's steakhouse (fantastic) lobby was impressive and our room on concierge level is just great since on this level breakfast was free with many different options. Pool on 7th floor and spa nice and clean and small but nice gym and spa. So far so good!! Love it

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank maldonora
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was wonderful. The staff was great. Very helpful and friendly. Concierge lounge was amazing. But the room service was horrible. Both times I ordered a steak and it was overdone. The second time I even got the filet and ordered it medium rare. It came to my room butterflies and burnt on the edges. The person delivering the food left before I had the chance to even look at the steak. Do not waste your money, go to a better restaurant nearby.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love Marriott Hotels for business trips. This trip was personal so walking into room, I was a little disappointed as it felt like any other Marriott – just a different city. We had a corner room so the night view was amazing! Went to dinner and sat outside on balcony. Service was great. Valet was always busy but didn’t take long to retrieve car. Pool area is not as nice as the professional photos on website. If you get there at the 4pm check in time or after the sun is blocked by other buildings. Area of town was nice and several restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The beds in this hotel are not comfortable and the food is just lousy. The service is excellent but without a good night sleep its just not worth staying there. The gym has cheap equipment. When you use the elliptical you feel like its going to topple over. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PJL58
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear PJL58,

On behalf of all the associates at the JW Marriott Miami, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. You feedback is important in order to ensure that these inconveniences do not reoccur. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your last visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to further assist you with this occurrence.

Kind regards,

Luis Canas
Rooms Division Manager
Lady Lake, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The valet was a nightmare, our car was lost for over 40 minutes when we were trying to leave, and we got locked out of room for breakfast at 10am and our check out was not until 12, the room was nice and clean, the staff ... on a different planet

Room Tip: great if you are taking a shuttle or cab everywhere in the downtown financial district
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear mollynchuck,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the JW Marriott Miami. Your feedback is important to us in order to correct any mistakes we have made so that they do not reoccur. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with our services. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may further assist you.

Luis Canas