“In the heart of Miami” 4 of 5 stars

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #32 of 121 Hotels in Miami
“In the heart of Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you are in Miami and want a good center point, this is your stop. The staff was wonderful, the rooms very comfortable and quiet and the views ( at higher floors) cannot be beat. Easy in, easy out, places to eat and drink all over the area and the beach is just 14minutes away. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Get a high level floor. 18 through 22.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank GaDawg44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
Delray Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

A friend from Brazil and I went to Justin Timberlake's show at American Airlines Arena yesterday March 5. At 7 PM, before leaving home, I booked a room with 2 beds at the Marriott as it is 10 minutes from the Arena and my house is 1 hours and 10 minutes. We were going to be tired after the show and it would be safer to overnight there than drive. Priceline confirmed our reservation and we paid in full almost $ 300.00. Upon arrival at the marriott at almost 1 AM on march 6, we were declined a room that we paid for. The front desk person has no clue of what happened to our reservation. First said they had other rooms available but didn't have our reservation, then another rep said they were overbooked and also could not locate our reservation. Horrible service!!! They did not offer a solution and wasted almost 2 hours of our valuable sleep time and we ended up having to drive Back home over another hour. No excuses were offered either and my money wasn't refunded yet!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank KarinaLea
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear KarinaLea,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the JW Marriott Miami. Your feedback is very important to us. Accept our apologies for the inconvenience while checking in. Please contact me directly to share more of your experience so that we may address this occurrence accordingly.
Luis Cañas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I travel to Miami at least 3 to 5 times each year for both business and pleasure. This visit I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami. Prior to selecting this hotel, I looked at reviews describing the hotel as being outdated, not enough towels or amenities, and staff not friendly. Not only were those reviews WRONG,I believe they were describing a different hotel. During my ENTIRE stay I found this hotel to be extremely clean. My room was very modern and the staff was amazing. Each day Roslon the doorman greeted me by name. He was extremely professionals, polite and very informative about transportation, activities, and best recommended sites to see. Housing keeping staff was very accomadating daily. She made sure we had more than enough towels and our room was neat and clean. When we showered mid day she managed to tidy our room for a second time. I feel bad that I cant remember her name. Sergio, La Terraza Supervisor is a man of his word. He wasnt only concerned about my experience in his restaurant he wanted to be sure I was satisfied totally with my experience at JW Marriott Miami. I told him of minor issues I had with light in hallway and hole the size of a golfball in closet. Immediately he contact the engineer and issues were resolved. Daniella, was the young lady in concierge lounge. Very professional, pleasant and was eagered to accommodate me with hor doers and choice of beverage. With the staff they have working at the JW Marriott, your experience there can be summed up in one word WONDERFUL!

Room Tip: Concierge king has very spacious balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank miami45
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Everything as expected from a jw,room and service was ok. Exept for the check in took ages. if you have to use the wifi be prepared to go back on time to the 90s,is the worst speed ever, you cannot open any email or web page.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank mariolazcano
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Mariolazcano,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your stay with us at the JW Marriott Miami. Your feedback is important for us in order to improve any inconveniences our guests may encounter. Please do not hesitate to contact me to further discuss your concerns and I would be more than happy to handle these occurrences accordingly.

Regards,

Luis Canas
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The JW was expensive, but worth it. Great bed and a clean, quiet room. Everything was in working order. I had no problems with the wifi during my stay. The concierge lounge was above average -- perhaps a little small for a hotel of this size, but with a pretty good breakfast, and it always seemed to be well-tended. Some of the luxury appointments in the room are simply unnecessary -- my room had a television screen embedded in the vanity mirror, which is of little use to me. The only restaurant I used was La Terraza, a bar-and-grill that was actually relatively affordable and had decent pub fare.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The next time you stay at the JW Marriot, just remember one thing: your room selection is just wishful thinking from you. They will give you what ever they want, and they would say so with a smile: you room is not guaranteed, we will give you what we have.

And this is a 5 star hotel. So sad.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank DiegoLdeC
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear DiegoLdeC,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the JW Marriott Miami. Your feedback is very important to us. Please contact me directly to share more of your experience so that we may address this occurrence accordingly.
–Luis Cañas
Three Bridges, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just got back from a stay at the JW Marriott in Miami. I was there for the Miami Marathon and stayed for two nights with my cousins. We arrived on Friday night after my flight got in and after shopping a bit in South Beach. Check in was super speedy. I had called two times before we arrived to make sure that the reservation was all set and that we could arrive a bit later in the day. Checking in took less than three minutes.

The room was clean and neat, the highlight being the bathroom. The bathroom was large and beautiful. The shower had a large shower head. There was a double sink and toilet set off to the other side. The bed was super comfortable with a feather bed and high thread count sheets and warm down comforter. There was a flat screen TV in the room set into the wall and a desk top computer (major plus)!

Everyone at the hotel was super helpful, nice, and accommodating...they provided amazing customer service. They helped us with finding places to go, restaurants, bars, etc.

The location of the hotel is great. It is walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars.

The only critiques that we had was that there was a knocking noise at night. We couldn't figure out what the noise was, but found out later some work was being done in the hotel. The noise was really soft, but still bothered my cousin when she was trying to get to sleep. We also had difficulty getting online on our computers. We were able to log on to the wifi but then it would boot us out saying we were not connected to the network.When we called to get help the hotel sent someone right away and then it worked. I ended up having to log on while being near the door. There is definitely wifi in the lobby if you can't get on in the room. The desktop was having problems as well with the keyboard. But when the guy came to fix it we had no problems.

The valet staff were awesome. They helped us with our car no problem. They also helped get us a taxi. The guy actually ran down the street to get us a cab! Amazing.

Check out was easy as well. The staff helped me with getting a cab to the airport. I was in a rush because I had a flight home right after the half marathon. I ended up getting in the cab at 10 am for a 1pm flight. I sat in the cab for 45 minutes as we waited to cross over US 1 which was being utilized by the runners. The cab kept the meter running and I wished the staff had worked out a flat rate cab instead. So unfortunately I over paid a bit. But the cab driver got me to the airport on time for my flight and he was super nice and good at his job. So in the end I did not mind paying a little more.

Overall, we had a great experience and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family