“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #52 of 124 Hotels in Miami
washington dc
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked this hotel about 3 weeks in advance. I used my government discount and spent $105 a night! You can not beat that in the Brickell area of Miami I typically stay at the Viceroy when i come to Miami but the overpriced room and the holding the entire room stay as a deposit on my card is getting on my nerves. With that said.... I was apprehensive at first from reading the reviews I thought it was going to be an outdated hotel. But i was more than pleasantly surprised. JW Marriott was awesome. When I got there I asked for a room with somewhat of a view and I got it at no charge. The bed I swear is one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in in my life! The hotel is located in walking distance to alot of places to eat. We walked everyday to the Mary Brickell village and enjoyed places like Blue Martini. I didnt order the room service bc it was a bit pricey. We ordered pizza one night that was ok with us. :-) The Gym was amazing. Bottled water, towels, and fruit for you at your leisure. I didnt visit the pool but my girlfriend did and she enjoyed it. The staff was helpful with tips on how to get to southbeach quickly and cheaply. Overall I will never spend $300 a night for another room as long as I can go to the JW Marriott when I visit Miami. All those people who gave this place negative reviews should just have a seat and chill out.

1 Thank monalisasmile1980

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice place, friendly staff, clean and nice
Nothing major to be noted

Pool pretty poor - all concrete
Parking confusing
Nothing major in the neighborhood

Overall nice experience, but better get a place closer to the beach if you are in Miami for holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for 2 nights. The service from the bellhop who got me water when I arrived, to the check in receptionist who upgraded me to a lovely one bedroom suite was fantastic. This hotel is all about service. We had a lovely breakfast in their restaurant and I had an absolutely delicious dinner in the evening. The food is not only tasty, but so well presented. I will be back again! Thank you.

Room Tip: Concierge level floors are always the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stratford, CT
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I town for a visit for a football game. Hotel was very comfortable, staff top notch and good location. Found it odd we were the only ones at the pool. If you are looking for activity its not the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at this location this past weekend for the Miami/UF game. This JW location is excellent, and the nicest JW that I've visited. The staff was friendly and very professional. The room was excellent. The only drawbacks were having to prop the black-out curtains up with furniture to keep out the sun, the lack of an elevator that linked the main entrance to the lobby level, and no lobby store for drinks, snacks, or forgotten necessaries. I don't mind carrying my bags, but others might have found it difficult with a bunch of luggage. Overall, I would suggest this location to my friends.

SF
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were here last year same time and really enjoyed the two nights. While our stay this time was good I noticed things have started to lag with upkeep and repair. Lots of hallways trim work needs painting and the carpets have stains on them in the hallways. Our room this time was on the back side facing the bay and smaller than the last time where we faced Brickell Avenue.
Pros: Close to a lot of good restaurants on South Miami Avenue one block over. Close to Freeway and in a safe part of Miami. easy to walk. Room bed was comfortable and quiet. This hotel is dead on the weekends so that helps.
Pretty good food and service in the club room for FF with Marriott. Open 24 hours a day for coffee and water.
Pool is dead and quiet so great place to rest get some sun or even work remotely. :)

Cons:
The room smelled of dampness throughout our stay. Not enough to request a move but we could smell it every time we came into the room. Once the AC kicked on the smell went away.

The pool area has a bar layout but no drink or food service is available. Both evening when we were at the pool we would get the strong smell of propane gas which would last for about 5 minutes a pop. We could never figure out what it was.

Check in never has more than one agent at the front desk so if you are not the person at the counter and others are ahead of you - you will have to wait.

All in all for the rate paid it was a nice hotel and I just hope it does not slide down because of its newer cousin 5 blocks away is both super cool and flashy.

Room Tip: pick one on the Brickell side as I swear the rooms are bigger.
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Contrary to my experience in JW Grosvenor london this time all came out perfect. Front desk personnel were fantastic.. I received also an upgrade for my room and got suite 2006.. Great experience... Continue booking in this hotel

• Stayed August 2013