“Back to escence of a JW”
Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #53 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Contrary to my experience in JW Grosvenor london this time all came out perfect. Front desk personnel were fantastic.. I received also an upgrade for my room and got suite 2006.. Great experience... Continue booking in this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank juan Jose K

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami with my hubby and 2 year old daughter a couple of weeks ago for three nights and had an excellent experience. Service at this hotel is first rate. They really do lay it on.They make your life easy. It is remarkable. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. It was a pleasure to return to at the end of a day and to relax in during our downtime. Love the location as well. Lots of dining options in the vicinity and the hotel restaurant was ok - we had breakfast there twice and room service one night for dinner. Just an all around great stay. Was it perfect? No. We asked for a crib/small bed for our daughter at check-in that was never delivered and truth is we did not follow up. We just had her sleep in the bed with us. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie G
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is my hotel of choice when I travel to Miami on business. It is within walking distance to many businesses in the financial industry. There are also several cool restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are cozy and nicely appointed. The wifi is excellent but the rooms also have all in one computers which make it convenient for basic computing. The service is always top notch. I find the front desk and concierge especially friendly and helpful. I also enjoy having breakfast in the restaurant. The is a wide selection on the buffet and the food is very fresh. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and have more windows to provide natural sunlight.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GT2_Law
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the JW Marriott for our 16th anniversary over a long weekend. Upon arrival, we were greeted by helpful staff at the bellstand/valet. We enjoyed an upgraded room and lovely amenity compliments of the staff. Jennifer at the Front Desk and Michelle at Drakes were stand-outs! Miami isnt necessarily our scene but the neighborhood where the hotel is located had a nice selection of restaurants within walking distance. The only downside to the entire stay was that the pool bar was not open and there were no servers that came from the other bars to take drink orders. All in all, a great stay! Would come again for sure.

Room Tip: Valet parking is the only option at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lots of dark wood, mirror-finished floors and an attentive staff greet you when you walk in. The rooms are spacious and the hotel bars and restaurants are first rate. I paid $209 for the room and it was a great value. Watch for the pre-added "service charges" that appear on every meal and drink check.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelsOffen
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. We only spent one night here, but I will remember it! Our room was small, but beautifully appointed. The bathroom was by far the nicest hotel bathroom I've ever had the privilege to use--plentiful fluffy towels, separate shower and soaking tub, top-notch toiletries (and for once in my life, enough conditioner for my hair!), even an info panel in the mirror so you can check the news and the weather while you brush your teeth.

The staff was courteous to a fault, and our Marriott status was acknowledged with a decadent fruit and cheese platter and a nice bottle of Shiraz shortly after we checked in. It was a lovely gesture, and made me feel welcomed and valued.

We didn't use the rooftop pool, but we did sit for a while on the deck and enjoy the view. It's a beautiful facility, and if we stay here again I will definitely bring my swimsuit. The concierge lounge was also fairly swank. We enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour, and had an excellent breakfast the next morning. Everything was fresh and delicious.

I hope we'll have another excuse to visit Miami soon, just so we can stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bethandjay
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel was nice. The concierge lounge and service was phenomenal! The staff made us feel welcome and provided numerous options for us to taste local cuisine (our goal was Cubano). A great place to stay before heading out to sea. Not exactly as posh as the JW Marquis nearby, but nice.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family