“Very nice in all respects”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Plainview, New York
“Very nice in all respects”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at JW M M last weekend for a family wedding and enjoyed it immensely. Property is clean, modern. and has all thek amenities of a superior hotel. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, courteous, and eager to please. No doubt, this is the result of staff training for these purposes but many large hotels have such training without these same results.

Pool, on the 7 th floor is very nice and the health club is also located there. No extra charge for the club. Lobby is spacious and well appointed. There is a bar/lounge in the lobby which we did not get a chance to try and also one on the second floor. The second floor also has a nice restaurant (had breakfast there one morning, largely buffet but good) and another bar/lounge.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance but this is not a tourist area. Located south of South Beach in the financial district so the surrounding area is quiet especially on weekends. If your priority is to be in the middle of a touristy area (ie. South Beach), perhaps this location is not for you. However, a short cab ride will get you to South Beach, downtown Miami, Coconut Grove, etc. North Miami Beach is a bit further away.

For a pleasant, low key, and upscale stay, try the JW Marriott Miami.

Room Tip: Facing Brickell Avenue even from the 14 th floor can be about noisy, nothing terrible but if city no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Turkish first
baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great staff, and perfect location! My fiance lost her id, they had all hands on deck to help find it. Valet help me search the car. He pulled it up in front of the property and there it was... thanks again!

• Stayed April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Everything about this hotel is amazing. I stayed overnight for business in a suite (free upgrade for being gold elite). My room was incredible-- from the TV in the bathroom mirror to the most comfortable bed they spared nothing. I loved the chocolate turndown service and appreciated the attentive staff. The concierge level was excellent-- the best I've seen. The made-to-order omelets were perfect and the 24 hour snack bar was a nice touch! Overall this hotel is on par with the Ritz Carlton but it is in more of a business district than resort setting.

The only negative is the $32 a night mandatory valet fee. I know it's an industry standard, but I hate paying for parking.

• Stayed April 2013
Willemstad, null, Netherlands Antilles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Okay, so first of, I'm an 18 year old girl and I went to Miami late in January to attend a concert. I went for 5 days with my aunt and mom. We got a discount at this hotel because my aunt works at a marriott hotel too, so we stayed here. First, when we got there, the bellman came immediately to help us with our luggage as we got out of our taxi. We arrived at 2pm and our room was already ready for us. Check-in process was fast. My mom and aunt immediately made "friends" with the bellman who helped us with EVERYTHING we needed during our whole stay. He would always be checking up on us. He recommended us places to go, restaurants to eat at, malls to shop at. He even offered to give us a "tour" of Miami in his own car on his day-off. Sadly, we never had the time to do it. On our last day, the restaurant manager gave us free omelettes for breakfast as a way to show appreciation for us staying there and because my aunt works at a marriott. The guy that does the valet parking was very friendly to us too, even though we never needed his services 'cause we didn't have a car. We got into a conversation with him right before we left and he was telling us about his work experiences. And we made friends with the man that worked at front desk the day we were leaving. He gave us his card to contact him. And he was making jokes with me about my concert. Overall, this hotel was seriously the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The rooms are on TOP. They're big. The bed is comfy, there's a flatscreen tv, a coffeemaker, a flatscreen computer for us to use whenever we wanted. Bathroom were very clean and big. There's a full body mirror located a little more past the door. The staff was probably the most friendly people i've encounter. And the location is very good too. You just cross the street, walk a little more and you get cafe's and restaurants and bars with music. Which can be very good at night. If you're bored and got nothing to do, you just go there and have some fun. Sadly, I don't remember the bellmans or anyones name, but I give props to all of them for being such a good employee and treating us so good. I recommend this hotel to EVERYONE. If you can pay it, don't even hesitate. It will be worth it in the end.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was surprized how everyone went out of their was to help out from the valet, front desk, staff and everyone in the hotel.

The hotel is very nice, but the staff made it better.

I would stay again if I am in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my fourth trip staying at this hotel and will say that while you can tell that its beginning to show its age, the service and cleanliness is still on top.
Valet service is a bit pricey for Floriday, but the service behind it was worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here 5 nights. Every Marriott employee was welcoming and cheerful. ALL were attentive without being in the way or disruptive. The food we had at LaTerraza had beautiful presentation and was delicious! While we never did see a concierge at the desk, however any employee we asked a question had a helpful answer. Everyone here made you feel very welcome and appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends