“Business Hotel but not Stuffy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #33 of 119 Hotels in Miami
NE Florida
“Business Hotel but not Stuffy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami for five nights for a conference hosted at the property and was so glad to have a comfortable, clean room when it was time to retire. Of course you're not steps from South Beach but if you have a car you are close to everything. However, be prepared to pay to park anywhere in Miami (even some shopping plazas charge to use the parking garages). I actually prefer the Brickell area because it feels so central...15 minutes to Coconut Grove, Coral Gabels, Midtown, or the beach. The staff I encountered was friendly and professional, especially the valet staff. The breakfast buffet in Isabella's is delicious ($30) and the meals provided by the banquet staff were also good. But there are several other dining options within walking distance that will save a little cash.
My room was on the 17th floor with a partial view of the Bay. The views are obstructed by other buildings so if you have a city view, you're probably aren't missing much.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I liked very much... Is a great hotel...nice rooms clean. Great breakfast.

Great location. It is very well located, close to dowtown Miami.

When I arrived very early in the morning they had everithing set up so I did not had to wait for my room.

Breakfast was superb...

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank JOSEEGAS_12
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed for a business conference but will look forward to return for a family vacation. Property is well kept and the several dining options keep the feeling of "routine" at bay. Properties secret weapon is a fabulous outdoor seating area adjacent to the restaurants and bar and sit aside a marina with a view toward the cruise terminals. Fantastic for sunrise breakfast or a moonlit cocktail.
Business facilities are top notch with great rooms and services for your meetings or conference supported by attentive, friendly and professional staff.

Room Tip: Look for rooms closer to water to avoid any road noise issues
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter M
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Being a Ritz member, and a frequent Ritz Carlton guest. There was a certain caliber of service that I look for when I here that a hotel is partnered with the Ritz. I was told when I made the reservations taht the JW Marriott is the marriotts high end property equivalent to the Ritz. The hotel itself was an amazing piece of property, the rooms were standard rooms nothing specially, but our view was specatular water for days. Location not bad at all. This hotel is in the financial district, but a free trolly ride away from shops and resturatns. My husband and I paid 658 dollars for the night, but it was one of the only hotels that weekend with a room, and we were there unfortunately, because I needed to go to the hospital in Miami. I do not think it was worth that amount. The food was not that great. My break fast was cold, so I sent it back, my coffee was like ice, and i had to send that back. The bacon was limp, the omelette was watery. My husband and I had burgers that day before for lunch, and we has for Medium, but we got more like rare burgers. My husband got very sick that night... we think it was from the burger!

We ordered their " NY style Cheese cake", OMG far from it. some creme fresh stacked cake with fruit in the layers over a wafer with berries on top. It was good, but nothing resembling NY style cheese cake The staff was very nice! and as accommodating as they could be. Nevertheless this would not be my 1st hotel to go back to, nor would it be my last. Four Season is on the same block just up the street, I just may try my hand at that hotel to compare. I'll let my views know how they compare in my next review..... to be continued...

Room Tip: Check out the other hotels, before booking this one. Not the worst, but not the best for the price.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed for a 3 day conference. Gym is free and has a nice amount of equipment for a hotel gym so it never felt crowded. The hotel has several restaurants on their 2nd floor which is a nice plus as it doesn't feel like a hotel menu. I stayed a couple of extra nights after the conference. Very nice outdoor pool adjacent to the spa. Lovely massage!!!! And the pool deck definitely didn't feel croweded. The pool bar wasn't open during the week which was a bummer when trying to relax on Friday afternoon after my meetings but it did open on Saturday. Service at the pool was just "ok". Limited menu and the waiters didn't really have things in gear. I thought they might have been new or in training. Overall I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The hotels have room overlooking the street or the pool. When I checked in the woman said there was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed one night on a road trip from Orlando to Key West. In retrospect,I wish I had booked something not in the Financial District. The hotel was lovely. The service was great. Our bellman,Ernesto went above and beyond. Helped us change our room for one with a view. We saw some cruise ships off in the distance. But in hindsight I would have stayed somewhere with a balcony something a little smaller,the Cocconut Grove Courtyard looked inviting!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank napatree
Geneva, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family stayed one night before a cruise at this location. Rooms were small yet luxuriously appointed. Front desk wasn't overly friendly or accommodating. They originally split our 2 rooms by 6 floors. Only after expressing my disappointment about splitting up my young family (ages 2-16) the front desk conveniently found a room 6 doors away down the hall. I feel I should not have had to debate my circumstance with the front desk of a luxury hotel.

The bellman was extremely friendly and more helpful. Breakfast in Isabella's was nice and bountiful and was priced accordingly with a luxury hotel.

I'm quite fond of Marriott properties and have stayed with them around the world. This location could use a refresher course in customer service. Most likely. I'll pass staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family