“Fabulosa”
Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #52 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just stayed for the weekend and it was wonderful!! The pool has a very unique stainless steel bottom, the spa is beautiful and the rooms are perfect. The service was very good and the breakfast buffet was delicious. Overall a very relaxing and pleasing stay. Very nice!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Miami

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the rooms were a nice size, bathrooms nice and our view of the intercoastal and swimming pool were great. The pool area is very nice along with the spa. Location was great for our stay , we walked to church in the am, and walked around town at night with our kids very safe and secure. All staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: we had 1214- it was a really nice view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jmd73
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Very good hotel! Nice building with very good appearance. Telhe service is good according to the Marriott Standards, maybe because of the city, the hotel employees are not so kind as I've seen in other Marriott hotels. Anyway the result of a nice building with nice rooms and a correct service, achieves completely my expectations and I'm sure that in the future I will consider the JW Marriott as an option for my stay far from the beach in Miami!
An extra comment, food services are really good, fresh products are offered every day at three different restaurants! Congratulations for the Chefs!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Gondeto
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The JW Marriott at Brickell remains in the very top tier of Miami De Luxe Hotels, but I feel that some things, such as long lines for the Concierge to give you his attention, are putting a dent on this gem. Towels were not up to de luxe standards and the bed was not made up one of the nights we stayed there. Breakfast is generous and well provided in every aspect. Overall I think that the Hotel is, at a cost, cutting back on service.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. The receptionist was bilingual and professional, my room was impeccably clean, and the gym facilities were very well maintained. The rooftop pool was clean and the scene of Miami is amazing. I'm a fairly low maintenance guest, though, so I can't speak to the staff's responsiveness to requests (since I didn't make any).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Francisco M
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I loved this hotel. I stayed here one night post cruise and it was great. The Concierge club is fantastic. The pool/workout facilities are great as well. Always have been treated with respect and wouldn't hesitate to return. The upgrade to the executive suite was a nice perk!

Room Tip: Any Room is great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ThatBGuye
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I did not expect much for this hotel, its a JW, and the standards are already there. they give free roll away, and free water everywhere. which is good. the rate given was fair. the breakfast buffet is a bit boring, yes if its only one or two days, but more than that nah.

I almost forgot why I choose this hotel, its because of the location, but I never live in the florida or simply in the US, once I enter the hotel, i dont know where to go.

I asked the male hotel reception for direction. he told me its very far to go everywhere, and I asked where is the nearest place for dining. so he asked me to walk left from the hotel main lobby, walk 4 blocks, then make a right turn and right turn again. and its end up, he making me walk for 12 blocks! to reach the area where there is publix and such. and it took me almost 45mins.

.... when its just actually a two or block away from the hotel. which is turn right, cross the street after one block, and just go straight. there is that area, just 5 mins away. I dont know what is his intention doing it, but its really annoying and not funny at all.

i'd rate 4 for this hotel, but this experience makes me fell pissed till today.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor to get the sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family