“Very very disappointed, would never recommend” 1 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #94 of 121 Hotels in Miami
exeter
“Very very disappointed, would never recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was never told that i had to make a $100.00 deposit when i get there, i asked if all my money would be refunded the answer was yes, to my surprise the next morning at check out i was told that they have to take $2.00 for safe deposit, i did not need a safe, breakfast was horrible the toaster does not work properly and by the way what is wrong with the pool ?before i got to Florida i called to ask for information on how to get to the hotel useless no one knew what kind pf business is this ? I would never recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank marie t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Slovak first
Galesburg, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel has no restaurant or bar. Pool was full of leaves and unusable. Room appeared to not have been updated in many years and had no amenities, ie coffee pot, no ice bucket. Lights were out in the elevators in the morning. Beds are hard and uncomfortable. Would have expected from a cheap motel but not this.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Beth W

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We needed a cheap, safe, decent place to stay for atleast a month before finding a perm place. And this hotel solved our purpose. Next to metro station this is a good bargain. We got a good discount as well. Bfast is basic but not bad, better then those who do not provide. Rooms have distinct old carpet smell, linens are old and not so comfy. You get what you pay for basically.
Tip: Ask for higher floor and river view room.

• Stayed August 2013

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Felisha W
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the River Park Hotel and Suites in November 2013 for one night before our cruise. While it was nothing to write home about, it was one of the least expensive hotels downtown Miami convenient to the cruise port.

The Pros:
Convenient to public transit. We were able to take the metromover from the hotel to Bayside Marketplace to enjoy some last minute shopping before our trip. We also took the metromover to the cruise port the morning of our cruise, avoiding a $15-$20 cab ride once you figure in the tip.

Incredibly helpful staff! We were pleasantly surprised by the courteous staff and their willingness to help us out. My husband was in dire need of a haircut, and several of the male staff members came to the front desk to recommend barber shops in the area. One of the female employees also gave us some touring tips, as well as let us know where was safe to visit after dark.

Safe and Clean. The hotel itself was very secure, and I did not feel uneasy at any time. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable.

The downside:

The breakfast spread left much to be desired. The restaurant was under renovation while we were there, so there was construction debris all around.

The rooms are dated. It's an old Clarion hotel that is no longer a franchisee. There's a bidet in the bathroom, and the toilet water pressure left much to be desired.

The decor was tired. Plain and simple. It needs a good facelift.

In closing: This is a great place to stay if you need a safe, clean and comfortable place to rest your head for the night. It's not a 4 star resort- but you're not paying 4-star prices either. For the money, it's truly one of the best deals in the area, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends or clients.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TravelMagicDiva88
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I am a travel agent and some of our clients booked this hotel through our website and guaranteed their rooms with a credit card. The rate that was booked was a guaranteed rate, where they hold them room and if the guest doesn't show then they charge the card. It was not a rate that required a deposit. The guests arrived at the hotel to have the front desk tell them their rooms had been cancelled. The clients called me to assist them with their reservation. I called the hotel and the front desk agent began to argue with me, then transferred me to the manager. I spoke with the manager who said the rooms were cancelled because the client's credit card had been declined so they cancelled the rooms. They did not notify us nor the client that there was an issue with the card. The clients had booked the rooms for $99/night. The manager told me they were offered a rate of $170/nt if they wanted to stay there. The client said they were told they would have to pay $225/nt. The manager told me it was bad business practice for us to allow them to book the rooms with an invalied card. On our website, the rooms will not confirm unless the card is valid. Obviously, when you are travelling, many holds get placed on your credit card so it may decline. The hotel is responsible for at least notifying the guest or the travel agency bofre they cancel the rooms. I advised my clients to leave the hotel immediately. The manager was extremely rude and if he argued with the guests as much as he argued with me, I would never recommend anyone stay here regardless of the price of the rooms. Pay a little more, get a nice place with helpful staff, save your vacation. I feel terrible for the clients that they had to endure the negligence of the staff at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank sefields2
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The only good thing I can say is that it's cheap, we rented two rooms, (6 kids plus 2 adults ) both rooms are in desperate need of renovations. I am not even talking about for the eye appeal, both rooms needed work specially in the bathrooms, were we found mold. We were told we were on a not smoking floor yet our room smelled of cigarettes... It was disgusting. The continental breakfast was a joke, coffee, juice, toast, and cereal. That's was it. Nothing hot.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family