“Continental breakfast is a joke!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #93 of 119 Hotels in Miami
“Continental breakfast is a joke!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights.

This Hotel has a great location, pretty close to Miami Downtown, Brickell, Fast Food and good restaurants. Even though is an old building it is a good place to stay since the price is low per night. It has two downsides:
1. Continental breakfast is a joke: it is very very bad, so bad that one day my wife and I came down to have brkfst at 8:30am and all what they had was bread and water to offer. There was also a few cereal and milk. There was no eggs or sausage. So, lower your expectations for brkfst in this Hotel.
2. In the offer when we decided to rent room from this Hotel said Free Parking was included. When we reached the Hotel with a rented car the surprise was that the Hotel does not include parking, it does not even has a parking lot. So we had to seek for a parking lot or pay Valet parking for $20s the night.

Room Tip: Be aware that you will not have a parking space and the Continental Breakfast is very bad.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindyde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Slovak first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

highly recommended for such hotel with good price and very good room in the heart of miami down town despite the breakfast was very poor but in general was very happy during my stay.my room was directly viewing the water.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel was great in that it has a great location and great price, however it boast of serving a free continental breakfast which is a total failure. First the breakfast was NOT continental (bread and butter), secondly there is only coffee and no tea, (some people do drink tea) and lastly it was never sufficient in that if you came downstairs in the latter part of the 2 hour serving time it ran out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ally868
Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The hotel is old and smell bad, you have internet only near the reception not in the room.
The room is big but old also the tv. The swimming pool was dirty and small. I did not like it. It's cheap but not THAT CHEAP, has to be free!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluequeenx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Should have known not to stay here when the valet didn't understand a word I said about where they were parking my car. And the fact they are not affiliated with the hotel was alarming. She just smiled and nodded. Not to mention trying to check-in left us hanging out in the street with our hazards on because only 4 cars could park. The one valet had to park cars and walk 2 blocks to come back. Parking nightmare with people coming around the corner.
Room was clean but when I went to call front office for extra towels and blanket, realized there was no phone in the room. Decided to overlook it until my neighbors that were yelling and apparently partying became too much and after a couple of hours I couldn't take anymore and called front office from my cellphone.
I then walked down and spoke with front office face to face about why there is no phone in the room. I was told due to new management and shortage of phones, there would be no phone placed in my room for my use. I also couldn't be moved to another room with a phone because they didn't know which rooms had them and due to booking through an online agency, could not get a refund but I could check out early if I was not pleased. Yes, my neighbors are still loud. And I will be gone in the morning after I speak with management. I will definitely not be coming back or recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank LRW3789
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I read all the reviews before I booked and they're all correct both positive and negative. It's a prime location if your going on a cruise but it needs updating, the rooms are old and my tv had no working remote, Elaine took my reservation and help me out when I booked it a month ago and she was wonderful but besides that the staff is okay sometimes rude.

I asked for extra towels for 3 adults and 1 child the room only had I set go figure, they gave us 2 "extra sets" really? after I called at 4pm and no one showed up so finally after 11pm my husband had to go to the front desk and ask??????

So with that being said if you want a cheap hotel in a good location this is your place...I will not book here again it was only for one night before our cruise and the rate was good....if they put more work into this place it could be a nice hotel.

P.S. Wifi is only in the lobby!!!!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Tiffany B
Vilnius, Lithuania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel is old and surely needs renovation.
No wifi in the rooms, no restaurant, what you get for breakfast is bread and coffee.
We've got a room with a nice view on floor 7 but we weren't warned that behind our wall there is some chunking switchboard.
good price for a good location, nothing more positive about!

Room Tip: Avoid elevators or switchboards nearby your room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends