3 good points:
- Excellent location, with walking distance of Bayside and Downtown Miami, and a minute's walk from two different stops on Miami's free "Metro Mover" public transportation system
- Obviously it's cheap - if you're on a budget and not fussy, this place is fine
- There is a free luggage room where you can leave your belongings if you have checked out but are not leaving town until later
The bad points:
- Compulsory valet parking (no option to just park your own car) costs $20 per day. Yes, they say this on their website, it is not a hidden fee, but it is still extortionate. As a European used to free parking at most hotels, this is obscene. The person doing the valet parking spoke little English and could not understand basic questions. I am a professional translator so am sensitive to and love linguistic differences, but in an English-speaking country you should be able to communicate in English at somewhere like a hotel.
- Our bed sheet and under-sheet were too small for the bed! Every night we had to pull them back over and under the mattress several times, making for a poor night's sleep.
- The "double bed" in our room was minimal size; I have stayed in "single beds" that size. You could fit two people in it but it was the very smallest possible bed to be able to call it a double.
- Breakfast was a farce. The hotel has something like 15 or 20 floors, but there are only about 10 tables in the breakfast rooms! As a result, people were sitting on the lobby benches eating on their laps, and some were just standing around, perching their drinks on the floor beside them. After the first morning's experience, we gave up for the remaining 2 mornings and found places in town.
- Solicitation and seedy street traders are actively allowed inside the hotel. This contrary to most hotels in the US which display big "no solicitation" signs. What a dreadful lack of respect for guests' comfort and safety. I saw people in the lobby pushing their tit-tat on guests trying to go about their daily business. Also, every time you return to your room, under your door are a pile of pizza delivery slips etc. - so they even allow people to come INTO the hotel right up to the rooms! What a breach of privacy and security. This was the worst aspect of the hotel due to the sheer can't-care-less attitude shown by the act of allowing solicitation. Do NOT bring children to this hotel under any circumstances, there are some very dodgy characters hovering in and around the entrance at night.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Park Hotel And Suites Downtown/Convention Center
- River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/ Miami
- River Park Hotel Downtown
- River Park Hotel Miami